Author Topic: Miss GSX but had to uninstall  (Read 2399 times)

godwisper

Miss GSX but had to uninstall
« on: August 30, 2022, 09:38:09 am »
I had to uninstall unfortunately as it was slowing the sim and in VR had the issue of main toolbar vanishing which seems was crashing the sim. This was not an fs2020 problem as with gsx uninstalled all worked great again. Shall miss the lively airport and nice pushback and follow me car but I fly mainly in VR and at this point prefer stability over immersion.

Hope it gets fixed soon.

i7-12700k, 32 ram, rtx 3080, G2

AndyCYXU

Re: Miss GSX but had to uninstall
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 10:02:31 am »
Surprised to hear it as I, with pretty much the same system only 10850K instead play in G2 VR and having a blast with it.

My only BIG issue and they are suppose to fix it is the stupid menu closing automatically which is a mega pain in the ass, but otherwise I experience no issues what so ever as far as performance goes.

Ye sit is annoying we cannot see the GSX messages like they appear to 2d users and the damn menu closing.. did I mention the damn menu closing. but yeah.. are you sure when you play in VR you do not have a blue bar on top of monitor telling you to press winkey+Y, set this to MANUAL you should never have to press WINKEY+Y it should always be OFF and set to manual (if I recall) that needs to be disabled I see so many people paying with this crap on this should be disabled, also you should run your MSFS in full screen mode as well (yes when in VR), last I can recommend is LOWER all of your 2d setting to bare minimum like you had a commodore.. yes it will look like crap in 2d but it will not grab resources that takes a while to free them to use by VR.. anyways I am having a blast with your PC I do not see why you should not !

Except for the stupid menu that keeps on closing in case I haven't mentioned it...  :-\

Andy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 10:30:55 am »
This was not an fs2020 problem as with gsx uninstalled all worked great again.

Yes, it was MSFS, this has been proved by now:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26876.0.html

The crashes are completely random, that's why it's easy to be mislead "it was GSX, I removed they went away". Also since while doing this you might have also restarted your system, you might have triggered the solution proposed by Microsoft, which is checking for Windows Updates and Restart even if there aren't any, so this was what fixed it, not uninstalling GSX.

godwisper

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 11:19:49 am »
Surprised to hear it as I, with pretty much the same system only 10850K instead play in G2 VR and having a blast with it.

My only BIG issue and they are suppose to fix it is the stupid menu closing automatically which is a mega pain in the ass, but otherwise I experience no issues what so ever as far as performance goes.

Ye sit is annoying we cannot see the GSX messages like they appear to 2d users and the damn menu closing.. did I mention the damn menu closing. but yeah.. are you sure when you play in VR you do not have a blue bar on top of monitor telling you to press winkey+Y, set this to MANUAL you should never have to press WINKEY+Y it should always be OFF and set to manual (if I recall) that needs to be disabled I see so many people paying with this crap on this should be disabled, also you should run your MSFS in full screen mode as well (yes when in VR), last I can recommend is LOWER all of your 2d setting to bare minimum like you had a commodore.. yes it will look like crap in 2d but it will not grab resources that takes a while to free them to use by VR.. anyways I am having a blast with your PC I do not see why you should not !

Except for the stupid menu that keeps on closing in case I haven't mentioned it...  :-\

Andy

Andy, was not getting a drop in frame rates. The issue was that I was encountering main toolbar crashing in VR and than no access to main menu from VR. Works well in 2D but than again if I quit the flight it does not load back to main menu neither in 2D and if I continue playing eventually the sim will crash.

@virtuali it is not an fs2020 problem cause after uninstalling GSX I dont encounter thisnissue anymore.
and was not random. It has to do with switching of taskbar and gsx icon in 2d and 3d. I shall give it another go tomorrow as I really miss GSX and try to find what is trigerring this.
On fs2020 VR forum on facebook there are other users that have same problem with gsx.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 12:04:28 pm by godwisper »

godwisper

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 04:51:13 pm »
@ Andy....I think the winkey+r thing was messing things up. Removed and so far so good. Thanks buddy.

teisco

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2022, 05:47:07 pm »
I removed it because it was not saving my edits. I could work all day on a airport only to have it all  revert back when I go into the sim the next time. Please fix the save function.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2022, 05:50:30 pm »
I removed it because it was not saving my edits. I could work all day on a airport only to have it all  revert back when I go into the sim the next time. Please fix the save function.

There are 10 pages worth of GSX airport profiles made other users on Flightsim.to:

https://flightsim.to/discover/gsx

If saving airports didn't work, I wonder how could these people ever manager to do theirs.

godwisper

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2022, 06:16:09 pm »
just did a perfect flight in VR with GSX Pro, FSFO, PMDG 737-800 in SU BETA 10 and all was great. Complimenti...bel lavoro da parte vostra :)

AndyCYXU

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2022, 08:23:22 pm »
@ Andy....I think the winkey+r thing was messing things up. Removed and so far so good. Thanks buddy.

Just wanted to verify for others, is that what ultimately helped ? Setting this option to manual? Like in the picture.

https://ibb.co/pwM9vzw

godwisper

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2022, 10:39:06 pm »

Just wanted to verify for others, is that what ultimately helped ? Setting this option to manual? Like in the picture.

https://ibb.co/pwM9vzw

Correct. Did 2 flights without any issues!!!

enriqueo62

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2022, 06:56:15 pm »
How is GSX Pro uninstalled in MSFS? I cannot find the app or documentation on how to do it. Thanks

Leopardo Di Cardio

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2022, 08:22:01 pm »
How is GSX Pro uninstalled in MSFS? I cannot find the app or documentation on how to do it. Thanks

I don't understand how someone who bought a GSX can think about Uninstall... especially when it turned out in the initial stupid timing that the CTD error was not due to the GSX but a Windows problem with the update or with MSFS turned on detailed terrain... My only regret is that  AIG Traffic is causing the problems, but a lot of work has been done on the GSX  and thanks to him /I was waiting with enthusiasm for FSX when it comes out for MSFS/
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 08:36:25 pm by syphax »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2022, 05:19:50 pm »

- If with "The App", you mean the FSDT Installer, if GSX Pro is installed right now, you have an Uninstall button there.

- Of course the manual explains that as well, Page 4, chapter named "Uninstalling"