Author Topic: Pushback tug  (Read 1534 times)

Hardy6

Pushback tug
« on: August 29, 2022, 09:38:11 pm »
 I couldn't find anywhere that gave me the option to change pushback tugs. I want the tug that doesn't use the push bar. The tug called Douglas by Swissport.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback tug
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 09:52:38 pm »
The tug is automatically selected base on airplane weight and in some cases, the airplane height.

So yes, if your question was "why I don't get the big Douglas on my 737", it's because it's just too big for it, the cabin won't fit under the nose, it's just a model that can't be used on a 737 so, for the time being, enjoy a selection of several types that all have a Towbar.

As discussed in other threads, we already had a smaller Towbarless truck in FSX and P3D, but we didn't want to take the cheap way out and just port it, we want to remodel it from scratch, to do it right.

WernerAir

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 09:54:20 am »
If I understand you correctly, in the current version an A320 should always get a pushback truck with a towbar. I experience, however, that sometimes I do get a towbar-less pushback truck (which in this case should be the one that is actually too big...) Any idea why this happens?

Also, I would suggest that in the customization it be made possible to disable the pushback tug altogether. There are airports like LYTV or SLAL with parking positions turned so the aircraft can taxi away wihtout needing a pushback. At such airports you normally wouldn't see a pushback tug, either.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 09:58:10 am »
If I understand you correctly, in the current version an A320 should always get a pushback truck with a towbar. I experience, however, that sometimes I do get a towbar-less pushback truck (which in this case should be the one that is actually too big...) Any idea why this happens?

I said the opposite: it's the 737 that will never get the big Douglas truck, because its cabin it's too big to fit under the nose. The A320 is high enough, so it can get all available trucks, which are all capable, according to real life specs, to tow an A320, except the smallest one, which will never appear.

WernerAir

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2022, 10:30:25 am »
Ah, OK - sorry, my mistake then. Thank you for clearing that up!

phase1NE

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2022, 10:42:06 pm »
It would be a nice feature to be able to select the pushback truck we want based on what fits the aircraft we're using. For example, with the A320, having the option to choose either type of pushback truck we want since multiple types can be used for the aircraft, rather than just having one assigned. It'd be similar to how you can select the type of parking you want, but based on the criteria you've already set for aircraft weight/height. Plus, the big truck is rarely used for anything other than heavy aircraft, at least in the US.

Darewell

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2022, 06:02:31 pm »
The big truck is not convenient when flying on Vatsim, because there is a delay between choosing the pushback we want and the actual start of the push, even when raising of the plane is disabled. With the small tow truck we get with the 737 there is no delay between the choice of the push and the actual push.