Author Topic: Eternal loading spinner  (Read 3404 times)

Rob

Re: Eternal loading spinner
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2022, 04:24:38 pm »
I've also encountered this issue a few times, but what I found so far is that when you select Restart Couatl in the sim it might be actually only closing and not restarting. Only when I then start Couatl manual and as Administrator, it works again, seeming that something is blocking the restart that only Admin can override.

One of the things that increased this suspicion is that I could not delete the .err file, eventhough Couatl seemed to be closed (and also not in Taskmanager), Windows kept indicated that the file was still in use by a process.

Not sure if @FilbertFlies can confirm if Couatl actually restarted and is running again once he selected it in sim?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2022, 05:34:35 pm »
I'm too have a problem with the eternal loading spinner, but only with PMDG-73. aircrafts, with Phenix A320 and Just Flight Bae146 all works without problem. I don't know what the problem is the software or the aircraft .cfg.

I don't see anything in your loog that could make a difference between using the Fenix or the PMDG, they are both using the correct configuration. Try waiting a bit more to open the menu and/or close it and open it again, but not too quickly. Or, select Restart Couatl from the menu.

Raceromario

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2022, 06:08:42 pm »
Try waiting a bit more to open the menu and/or close it and open it again, but not too quickly. Or, select Restart Couatl from the menu.
Tried everything possible, this problem is only with PMDG aircrafts. Ok,thx.

jfo11

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2022, 08:05:55 pm »
Same problem today. Last update of GSX (from this morning), via live update.
Did a full flight LROP to LTBA with GSX in the Fenix, no problems until deboarding. Mid deboarding, the endless spinning started (although I could still see the passengers deboarding).
Force closing COUATL (even from Task Manager) and restarting it several times did not do anything, still endless spinning.
So I flew a second leg without GSX, closed MSFS, restarted computer, and spawned again in LROP, GSX is working again.
There must be some bug which sometimes prevents reopening GSX with MSFS running, please take a look.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 08:10:18 pm by jfo11 »

Rob

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2022, 09:44:06 am »
Same problem today. Last update of GSX (from this morning), via live update.
Did a full flight LROP to LTBA with GSX in the Fenix, no problems until deboarding. Mid deboarding, the endless spinning started (although I could still see the passengers deboarding).
Force closing COUATL (even from Task Manager) and restarting it several times did not do anything, still endless spinning.
So I flew a second leg without GSX, closed MSFS, restarted computer, and spawned again in LROP, GSX is working again.
There must be some bug which sometimes prevents reopening GSX with MSFS running, please take a look.

Again try to start Couatl manually as Admin (right click -> start as administrator), works everytime for me.

MrMarcelA380

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2022, 02:55:20 pm »
Had the same thing again, during or after deboarding something happened and the endless spinning happend. Stairs etc. are still attached.
I can try to select to always execute coatle as admin, did not try that yet but maybe it is a bug.

Logs says it lost connection.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 02:56:53 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2022, 02:59:26 pm »
Had the same thing again, during or after deboarding something happened and the endless spinning happend. Stairs etc. are still attached.

The log says you completed Deboarding successfully, then you came back to the Main Menu, then you went back to flight and, during this time, the simulator seem to have either crashed or closed the communication with GSX, which might be or not a real crash, but GSX cannot possibly know, it only knows the simulator dropped its communication with it abruptly for some reason.

MrMarcelA380

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2022, 03:06:05 pm »

The log says you completed Deboarding successfully, then you came back to the Main Menu, then you went back to flight and, during this time, the simulator seem to have either crashed or closed the communication with GSX, which might be or not a real crash, but GSX cannot possibly know, it only knows the simulator dropped its communication with it abruptly for some reason.

oh yeah sorry my bad, i did not save the log before closing the sim. So ignore the part after main menu :D

The problem did occur somewhere around "Add-on or User decided not to disembark Crew".
It did ask me if i want to deboard crew. When i tried to open the menu it had the eternal spinning.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2022, 03:39:35 pm »
The problem did occur somewhere around "Add-on or User decided not to disembark Crew". It did ask me if i want to deboard crew. When i tried to open the menu it had the eternal spinning.

If anything like this happen again try Restart Couatl.

MrMarcelA380

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2022, 03:43:17 pm »
The problem did occur somewhere around "Add-on or User decided not to disembark Crew". It did ask me if i want to deboard crew. When i tried to open the menu it had the eternal spinning.

If anything like this happen again try Restart Couatl.

ok thx :)