Author Topic: Eternal loading spinner  (Read 3401 times)

Seth2413

Re: Eternal loading spinner
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2022, 09:56:29 am »
Good luck getting this fixed Filbert.  I have the same issues where things work then disappear and only solution is to uninstal, -re-install, un install reinstall.  Done it so many times ive lost count.  Sick and tired of dealing with this product that I cant get it to work consistentently and I too have spent countless hours trying to get it fixed that now im tired with it, its sending me batshit crazy so ive given up. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2022, 10:33:18 am »
I didn't. I wouldn't even know how to disable it. How do I enable it?

Sure you did, by having selected "Disable" from the Addon Manager menu in P3D.  It's re-enabled by doing the same, or just set Disable = 0 in the Couatladdons.ini file.

FilbertFlies

• FilbertFlies
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2022, 11:25:45 am »
My P3D version isn't installed. I probably disabled it before uninstalling it.

You must be able to see that nobody would be able to guess that the reason the MSFS version's menu wouldn't load, after a full uninstall and reinstall, including removal of the Addons Manager folder, was related to something they had done in the P3D version, which they no longer have installed? Especially as, in my case at least, the MSFS version had been working since uninstalling the P3D version?

I have looked at my CouatlAddons.ini (which is in %AppData%\Roaming\virtuali for anyone reading this thread in the future) and set disable = 0 in the [GSX] section. I also have disable = 1 set in the [parkme] section. What does this do? Should this be set to 0 as well?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2022, 11:32:29 am »
My P3D version isn't installed. I probably disabled it before uninstalling it.

As standard uninstall practice, the uninstaller will never remove your own preferences, so the disabled setting would still be there.

I have looked at my CouatlAddons.ini (which is in %AppData%\Roaming\virtuali for anyone reading this thread in the future) and set disable = 0 in the [GSX] section. I also have disable = 1 set in the [parkme] section. What does this do? Should this be set to 0 as well?

[parkme] is no longer included in our sceneries, it has been replaced by GSX but, as an extra safety measure in case someone would install something that came with it ( like a 2011 version of the KJFK  installer ) is set to disable just in case, it won't make any different in a recent installation, since the program is not installed anymore.

FilbertFlies

• FilbertFlies
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2022, 02:27:31 pm »
Ok, all was working again for my departure but, on arrival at Gatwick, when I requested deboarding, all ground services disappeared. I clicked edit parking positions to work out was going on, got an error message, restarted Couatl and now I have the eternal loading spinner back. Log file attached. What's the problem now?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2022, 03:41:41 pm »
It seems the program just crashed when it loaded the objects list around it, to find jetways. I really need to check with that scenery.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2022, 05:37:58 pm »
Could you please post your custom profile for EGKK as well ?

FilbertFlies

• FilbertFlies
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2022, 06:38:02 pm »
Sure. Profile attached. It's not mine, but one I got from flightsim.to.

FilbertFlies

• FilbertFlies
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2022, 06:44:57 pm »
Aaaaand another one. I just arrived into LMML (no custom profile), parked on a stand (worked fine), but then couldn't deboard. Just had the revoke parking services/change position options. I restarted couatl, opened the menu and it immediately closed itself again. A further restart of Couatl didn't help. Log attached.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 06:54:47 pm by FilbertFlies »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2022, 07:05:28 pm »
I just tried EGKK with the .INI file you attached and, no issues whatsoever, passengers deboarding just fine.

FilbertFlies

• FilbertFlies
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2022, 07:56:06 pm »
I just tried EGKK with the .INI file you attached and, no issues whatsoever, passengers deboarding just fine.

That's good. I hope you have many happy flights to and from Gatwick!  8)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2022, 08:28:30 pm »
Aaaaand another one. I just arrived into LMML (no custom profile), parked on a stand (worked fine), but then couldn't deboard. Just had the revoke parking services/change position options. I restarted couatl, opened the menu and it immediately closed itself again. A further restart of Couatl didn't help. Log attached.

Your log shows that you started GSX, it was rebuilding the cache so, during that time it's not available. Your previous log from EGKK also had the cache regenerated. This is only supposed to happen:

- Just after having use the FSDT Live Update or the Offline installer

- If you make changes to the sceneries, like installing or uninstalling new sceneries

Normally, the cache will be used from the previous session, so GSX will be available very quickly.

FilbertFlies

• FilbertFlies
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2022, 08:36:27 pm »
Your log shows that you started GSX, it was rebuilding the cache so, during that time it's not available. Your previous log from EGKK also had the cache regenerated. This is only supposed to happen:

- Just after having use the FSDT Live Update or the Offline installer

- If you make changes to the sceneries, like installing or uninstalling new sceneries

Normally, the cache will be used from the previous session, so GSX will be available very quickly.

Ok, so there were two issues here:

• No deboarding or other ground services were available after parking. Just the options you get while still taxiing in (change parking position, revoke services etc.
  • After restarting Couatl (and I think it had regenerated the cache, cos I didn't get the error that comes up when it hasn't) the menu kept appearing (with the loading spinner in it) and disappearing a second later when I clicked on it. It wouldn't stay open.

Could it be that it started a new log when I restarted Couatl and that's why it hasn't captured anything?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 08:44:53 pm by FilbertFlies »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2022, 08:50:23 pm »
  • No deboarding or other ground services were available after parking. Just the options you get while still taxiing in (change parking position, revoke services etc.

That means GSX can't detect where you are parked, likely because the the difference between the parking center and the actual parking position on ground is larger that the threshold value GSX uses to know if you are inside a certain parking spot, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26847.msg178213.html#msg178213

As you can see, we just lowered the value from 30 to 20 in today's update, and made it user-customizable because, if it's too high, it wouldn't be possible to detect parking spots which are very close to each other, which was that subject of that thread, but if it's too low, it might fail to detect if you are in a parking, if the center of mass of the airplane is farther away from the center of the parking for a value bigger than that threshold.

After restarting Couatl (and I think it had regenerated the cache, cos I didn't get the error that comes up when it hasn't) the menu kept appearing (with the loading spinner in it) and disappearing a second later when I clicked on it. It wouldn't stay open.

That's likely because the cache regeneration was still going on. The process happens in a background separate thread, so even the message can't always be sure when it's ready.

Of course, when the new API from SU10 will be out of Beta, assuming it will be also updated to add some things we are sill missing and we obviously asked to Asobo to be added ( data about Jetways, Jetway links and Runways Starts are missing in the current Beta ), we might possibly get away with the airport cache altogether, solving lots of issues and being able to read encrypted airports as well.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 10:33:09 pm by virtuali »

Raceromario

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2022, 03:52:41 pm »
Hi.
I'm too have a problem with the eternal loading spinner, but only with PMDG-73. aircrafts, with Phenix A320 and Just Flight Bae146 all works without problem. I don't know what the problem is the software or the aircraft .cfg.