Author Topic: Jetway from 3rd party Airport with the PMDG 737-800  (Read 1003 times)

daniel19121979

Jetway from 3rd party Airport with the PMDG 737-800
« on: August 29, 2022, 06:37:05 pm »
Hello, what can I do to make the Jetway dock with the PMDG 77-800 ? It is a 3rd party airport LFML (Marseille)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway from 3rd party Airport with the PMDG 737-800
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 07:04:01 pm »
Hello, what can I do to make the Jetway dock with the PMDG 77-800 ? It is a 3rd party airport LFML (Marseille)

Not only it's a 3rd party airport, but it's a 3rd party airport with its own custom jetway. Nothing to do with GSX. The only thing GSX does with jetways, is to call them.

daniel19121979

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2022, 07:06:36 pm »
how can I use the jetways from GSX and delete them ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2022, 07:07:53 pm »
how can I use the jetways from GSX and delete them ?

GSX jetways are only supposed to be used as a replacement for default airports.

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2022, 11:50:00 pm »
Daniel,

This happens to me all the time. Use 'customize parking' to edit that gate. Move the stop position a little bit forward,  beyond that last cross hash in your picture. If there is another one forward of that, move the airplane to it. That's not really a problem. it is just that the jet bridge isn't long enough to reach the airplane's door where the airplane is sitting. Move the airplane forward, and it will reach. You can use slew mode to get an idea of where the airplane needs to be before you edit the parking in GSX.

After you edit the parking, you need to remember to use GSX to reposition the aircraft to the current position every time you start a flight from that gate. MSFS doesn't pay attention to the GSX parking stop positions and will drop the plane into the flight wherever it wants, so just get in the habit of making repositioning in GSX the 1st thing you do every time you start a flight. After you modify a few gates at a few airports, you'll start forgetting which ones you edited quickly. If you reposition in GSX and the airplane doesn't move, you'll know that you never changed anything at that gate in GSX and might need to.

Start looking for shared profiles for your favorite airports. Most of them have the stop positions at most, or all of the gates already set up. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 11:52:00 pm by Pirateinparadise »
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.