Author Topic: fuel don't load  (Read 7353 times)

WebMaximus

Re: fuel don't load
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2022, 09:32:20 am »
Thanks for your very thorough reply to my last post Umberto, much appreciated!

Trust me, even when I've been quite frustrated more than once when trying to use GSX Pro successfully, I also understand your challenge having lots of users who not always fully understand every option and when it should be used etc. Which of course becomes more likely when many of them haven't RTFM  properly, myself included ;)

In combination with this, you also have all the limitations of the MSFS SDK, limitations affecting all 3rd party devs.

As I mentioned before, I have in no way given up hope on using GSX Pro. Instead, I'm looking forward to start using it again. Hopefully in a more successful way next time. Both because I had more time to carefully read through the manual but also because some of these annoying things you mention might have been addressed by then. By Asobo and/or yourself.

Fact is I'm right now in between VR headsets where I'm replacing my old one with a new model. Meaning I won't do any flying at this time since I don't find it very rewarding to fly on a 2D screen when being used to fly in VR. So...maybe this could actually be the perfect time to spend on giving GSX Pro another go and just play around and experiment with it. Would have been super nice if I could start using my new VR headset with a fully working GSX Pro. Watching all the activity that is offered by GSX when you're in VR makes it even more cool!

I still remember I think it was in FSX or possibly P3D when I first saw the catering guys entering the aircraft in VR when sitting in the cockpit, almost felt like it would have been impolite to not greet them with a "Hi", followed by my girlfriend entering my room and asking me who I'm talking to  ;D
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2022, 09:57:38 am »
Be that as it may, unchecking that setting doesn't yield any different result in the PMDG -800. You're still instant loading the fuel, thereby the fuel truck being there for less than 10 seconds and leaving (because the fuel has been auto loaded in that PMDG menu).

I understand how easy is to be confused...so much that I have been confused myself. The option I wanted you to remove from the .INI, to show it's Disabled by default is THIS one instead:

detect_custom_refuel = 1

This shouldn't be used, unless the airplane has a refueling that starts after some delay as part of a turnaround simulation ( the PMDG for MSFS doesn't have it anymore ) and it's Disabled by default.

refuel_always_progressive, makes the GSX refueling to be "slow" even if the plane loaded the fuel instantly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: fuel truck, FBW A320 at EBBR - VIDEO
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2022, 10:07:01 am »
Eventually I go to the internal tablet and start fuel flowing. The action this prompts from the truck is that they leave.

That's exactly what happens if you have the "Detect custom aircraft system refueling", the increase of fuel triggered the GSX Truck to start and, because this option was  enabled, it didn't start when you selected the fuel quantity with the GSX menu, because by enabling this option, you have told GSX not to start refueling unless the airplane starts refueling itself.

WebMaximus

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2022, 12:18:05 pm »
Thanks for all clarification here Umberto.

One thing I wanted to ask speaking about refueling, when you have the always progressive option enabled and the custom fuel detection option disabled, are you supposed to see any form of animation with the PMDG 737 like watching the fuel hose being connected?

As I recall it, I managed to make it work once or twice. Where the fuel truck did remain more than just a couple of seconds. However, the fuel truck was just standing there next to the aircraft. I can't recall ever seeing any animations going on to simulate the actual refueling.

Maybe that it's how it's supposed to be with the PMDG 737?

Also, and wrong topic for this question, but did you manage to find anything that would explain why it's not possible to lower the volume of the voice telling you the fuel truck is on its way and similar voice prompts? As mentioned in another thread, using the volume slider in the UI doesn't seem to have any effect on these voice prompts.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2022, 01:05:32 pm »
One thing I wanted to ask speaking about refueling, when you have the always progressive option enabled and the custom fuel detection option disabled, are you supposed to see any form of animation with the PMDG 737 like watching the fuel hose being connected?

No, unless you "cheat" and move the refueling point under the wing to be in a place that is higher than minimum height reachable by the crewed vehicles with a raised platform. From the GSX Manual, Page 17:

IMPORTANT
There’s a minimum height the Fuel Truck with an extending platform can use, which is about 3.00 meters from ground for the Tanker and 3.40 for the Hydrant. If the airplane refuel point is lower than this value, a different vehicle will be called, one without a raising platform or a crew with a cable animation.

However, we already confirmed we are working on a NEW Truck vehicle with a completely new animations and crew, which won't use the raised platform, and will connect the cable either using a ladder ( 737 ) or just standing under the wing ( MD80 )

Flightdoc

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2022, 04:33:17 pm »
"That's exactly what happens if you have the "Detect custom aircraft system refueling"

Good explanation except I DON'T have that box checked. So still not sure what is going on here...

Or do you mean that GSX aut9omatically shifts to that mode when it does not know what to do?
Flightdoc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2022, 04:39:15 pm »
Or do you mean that GSX aut9omatically shifts to that mode when it does not know what to do?

GSX surely doesn't switch it automatically to it, and it's Disabled by default so, It's either that or the Automatic servicing, the only two possible cases in which the fuel truck would come up automatically.

Flightdoc

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2022, 04:47:45 pm »
So tten I'm better to turn off the AUTO setting for GSX services?
Flightdoc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2022, 04:49:00 pm »
So tten I'm better to turn off the AUTO setting for GSX services?

I never liked that option, we added it because users asked for it, but GSX works much better if you call services when you need them.

Flightdoc

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2022, 05:00:05 pm »
thanks!
Flightdoc

WebMaximus

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2022, 06:32:03 pm »
No, unless you "cheat" and move the refueling point under the wing to be in a place that is higher than minimum height reachable by the crewed vehicles with a raised platform. From the GSX Manual, Page 17:

IMPORTANT
There’s a minimum height the Fuel Truck with an extending platform can use, which is about 3.00 meters from ground for the Tanker and 3.40 for the Hydrant. If the airplane refuel point is lower than this value, a different vehicle will be called, one without a raising platform or a crew with a cable animation.

However, we already confirmed we are working on a NEW Truck vehicle with a completely new animations and crew, which won't use the raised platform, and will connect the cable either using a ladder ( 737 ) or just standing under the wing ( MD80 )

Thanks for the explanation and that is great news you have a new vehicle around the corner that will be able to handle 737s.
Richard Åsberg

Mustag

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2022, 09:29:32 pm »
Please clarify what do you mean with "immediately".

Instantly after insert new value (15400) in FS Action - Fuel

- If the GSX Fuel truck shows its fuel counter going up *very* fast, and will go away after a few seconds, it's NORMAL, if you haven't enabled the "

Always refuel progressively" option.This option is flagged

« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 10:33:46 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2022, 10:35:37 am »
Please check this video tutorial we made, showing how to refuel the PMDG 737:

WebMaximus

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2022, 10:41:52 am »
Brilliant idea making these kind of short clips!
Richard Åsberg

Mustag

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2022, 07:59:12 pm »
Please check this video tutorial we made, showing how to refuel the PMDG 737:

I followed exactly the procedure indicated in the video, but after the tank arrived, instead of the message [GSX] Please use PMDG FMC to set the fuel load, the multiple selector menu appears, which does not allow me to enter the quantity of fuel. desired fuel (10993 lbs). If I do this in the FMC, the tank goes away immediately.