Author Topic: fuel don't load  (Read 7325 times)

mobbe321

Re: fuel don't load
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2022, 08:12:14 pm »
Exactly the same for me with the same setting!!! I didn't see that in the video! There was no GSX menu to enter the fuel amount.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2022, 09:50:48 pm »
nstead of the message [GSX] Please use PMDG FMC to set the fuel load, the multiple selector menu appears,

That's because you must have altered the default GSX internal configuration for the PMDG 737, which has the default "Show fuel/cargo page" option disabled, that's what identifies an airplane with a custom refueling system, which is refueled according to the above procedure.

Use the airplane config editor RESET button to undo all you modifications and use the GSX default configuration, which works.

Mustag

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2022, 11:01:56 pm »
nstead of the message [GSX] Please use PMDG FMC to set the fuel load, the multiple selector menu appears,

That's because you must have altered the default GSX internal configuration for the PMDG 737, which has the default "Show fuel/cargo page" option disabled, that's what identifies an airplane with a custom refueling system, which is refueled according to the above procedure.

Use the airplane config editor RESET button to undo all you modifications and use the GSX default configuration, which works.

grazie!

Frafty

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2022, 03:19:09 am »
Okay, I think I figured this out, and as I suspected, there are things that you have to do explicitly. Umberto, I think it would be helpful to say these things specifically:

1. In order for refueling to work in the PMDG, on the FS Actions > Fuel page, you MUST adjust the LEVEL percentage line select (RSK2). When you increase the LEVEL percentage (NOT THE TOTAL LBS...), it will start slowly loading the fuel.
2. The fuel in the PMDG WILL autoload the fuel still, but GSX will SIMULATE the fuel loading from the truck...not actually load it.

Doing #1 (like in the video he posted a few posts back), it started to SIMULATE slow loading.

If you want real fuel loading, you're probably better of using PMDG's native fuel truck.
-------------------------------------

Umberto...piece of feedback here in case it's helpful.

1. I suspect most users did what I did, and that's change the TOTAL LBS value only. Most people probably don't know what % of fuel gets them the amount they're supposed to have per OFP, so it's a big gamble there for folks to naturally use that unless you want to sit and do math, or know the volume of the fuel tank you're filling.

My suggestion is to make GSX read changes in the TOTAL LBS field also. It's not intuitive (nor explicit in any manuals) to use the LEVEL area on the fuel page.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2022, 01:40:21 pm »
1. In order for refueling to work in the PMDG, on the FS Actions > Fuel page, you MUST adjust the LEVEL percentage line select (RSK2). When you increase the LEVEL percentage (NOT THE TOTAL LBS...), it will start slowly loading the fuel

There's no difference, you can either set the level or the total, the PMDG will increase the fuel in any case. And will increase it immediately, so GSX should detect the increase, no matter the input method.

2. The fuel in the PMDG WILL autoload the fuel still, but GSX will SIMULATE the fuel loading from the truck...not actually load it.

That's what the manual says, Page 18:

the refueling system in the airplane will control the actual refilling of the tanks, but the GSX truck and the crew animations will adapt to it, working as a visual enhancement to the plane-supplied refueling simulation.

repeated at Page 58:

Some airplanes might use non-standard Fuel systems or might exhibit issues if an external program changes the Fuel quantity and, by disabling this option, when the Fuel Truck connects, GSX will just ask you to use any Fuel loading option provided by the airplane itself (like a loader, an EFB or FMC menu), and will wait for the Fuel quantity to change. When a change is detected, GSX will continue with its fuel and crew animation, but it won’t actually touch the airplane Fuel Tanks variables, it will just adapt its animation to the airplane own refueling process.

And that's what the video says, and that's how GSX always worked with planes flagged as having a custom refueling system.

WebMaximus

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2022, 04:42:17 pm »
And that's what the video says, and that's how GSX always worked with planes flagged as having a custom refueling system.

Probably me being confused (once again) but didn't you say a couple of days ago how the custom refueling option should not be checked for the PMDG 737? And how it's disabled by default. While the always progressive refueling option should be checked.

When I read you what you say above, does that suggest we now should have the custom refueling system option checked? As I recall it, you mentioned something about how that option is only for specific aircraft with simulated very quick turnarounds or something along those lines.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2022, 05:15:22 pm »
Probably me being confused (once again) but didn't you say a couple of days ago how the custom refueling option should not be checked for the PMDG 737? And how it's disabled by default. While the always progressive refueling option should be checked.

We are not discussing of the "Detect custom refueling" option, which is an option Global to the whole GSX not airplane-specific, and it's used only to have the GSX fuel truck to be called automatically when the airplane starts refueling itself.

What identifies each airplane to have a custom refueling system or not, is the Show MSFS “Fuel and Cargo” dialog during refueling in the Airplane configuration, which cannot be otherwise, since each airplane is different, and this is also explained at that same Page 58 of the manual, the sentence before the one I quoted earlier:

Show MSFS “Fuel and Cargo” dialog during refueling
When this option is Enabled, GSX will show a menu with the requested Fuel quantity when the Fuel truck approaches the airplane, and it will actually refuel the airplane, acting on the standard Fuel Tanks variables of the airplane

« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 05:19:13 pm by virtuali »

WebMaximus

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2022, 10:24:22 pm »
Ah, got it. Thanks for the clarification.

Right now, my time is very limited. Playing around with a new VR headset I just received. However, once I have that one all setup and configured, I think I'll give GSX Pro another go. Now when we've got answers to most questions asked and lots of good explanations.

One question where I'm not sure if I missed an answer from you is if you've found any explanation to why the volume slider in the UI doesn't seem to have any effect on the voices declaring when the fuel truck is on its way etc?
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2022, 04:14:28 pm »
One question where I'm not sure if I missed an answer from you is if you've found any explanation to why the volume slider in the UI doesn't seem to have any effect on the voices declaring when the fuel truck is on its way etc?

I'll have to check this, we haven't touched all the audio code in a long while but, it's possible those voices are considered "UI" audio, so it's not positional and always coming from the same place, and it's likely not affected by the volume slider.

WebMaximus

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2022, 11:54:11 pm »
I'll have to check this, we haven't touched all the audio code in a long while but, it's possible those voices are considered "UI" audio, so it's not positional and always coming from the same place, and it's likely not affected by the volume slider.

Got it. Would be great if you could find a way to adjust that volume. Since I found it way to loud at the moment. Next time I install GSX Pro and give it a second go, I'll try to see if I can manage to decrease the volume by using the Windows Volume Mixer as a temp workaround.
Richard Åsberg