Author Topic: Gate Size and Warp Me There - Occupied Gates  (Read 871 times)

Flightdoc

Gate Size and Warp Me There - Occupied Gates
« on: August 27, 2022, 08:12:01 pm »
So occasionally I spawn to a gate where I am told its too small and I request to WARP to a new gate. I requested an unoccpied gate each time, but At EBBR today I warped 4x to occupied gates. Screen attached.
Flightdoc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gate Size and Warp Me There - Occupied Gates
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 08:26:08 pm »
So occasionally I spawn to a gate where I am told its too small and I request to WARP to a new gate. I requested an unoccpied gate each time, but At EBBR today I warped 4x to occupied gates. Screen attached.

There might be several reasons for this:

- The gate was unoccupied when GSX first checked for it, but might have been populated automatically by the sim exactly during that time, which is normal if you just went to he airport.

- GSX calls Simconnect to know where AI planes are, but I don't think it reports multiplayer human AI, maybe that was a human player, which might be difficult to know without checking the labels.

- GSX might be reading the wrong airport file, so when it checked for AIs, Simconnect reported data on parking that might be different than GSX. You can check if this is the case in the GSX parking customization page.

Flightdoc

Re: Gate Size and Warp Me There - Occupied Gates
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 01:14:01 am »
thanks I will have a look at the parking page.

I am not connecting with other players, but I am running Aerosoft Simple Traffic and I suspect that could be an issue. Does anyone know?
Flightdoc