Author Topic: GSX activation key invalid ... help!  (Read 1592 times)

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
GSX activation key invalid ... help!
« on: August 27, 2022, 12:31:57 pm »
Yesterday, whilst running P3Dv5,  I was advised that there were updates for FSDT products and to run the FSDT live updater.

I did this, but ever since then GSX hasn't worked.

Checking in Addon Manager I see my GSX Expansion pack is fully validated, the GSX bas is not. Trying to rectify this I tried re-registering with my original key (beginning AUK30) but that's the one it says is now invalid. Assuming this update was a premium one, needing purchasing again, I bought GSX again.  The new key begins ASKT0, but that is declared invalid too.

Please help resolve this.

Regards
Pete Dowson (petedowson@btconnect.com).

« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 01:10:36 pm by Pete Dowson »

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
Re: GSX activation key invalid ... help!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 01:14:56 pm »
I've tried again, but no joy.

When I enter the key it says it is trying to activate GSX on-line, with the progress bar repeatedly going from 0 to 100%. Goes on forever, seemingly.

Also, another odd thing. In Addon Manager it shows my GSX level 2 expansion properly active, for GSX it invites me to buy or register, but oddly it says it is in "trial mode". Does that mean a trial for me, or is it a new Beta version?

I attach the couatl.log in case that sheds any light.
Regards
Pete Dowson
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 01:22:21 pm by Pete Dowson »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2022, 01:32:26 pm »
When I enter the key it says it is trying to activate GSX on-line, with the progress bar repeatedly going from 0 to 100%. Goes on forever, seemingly.

Check the firewall is not blocking online access to any executable in the Addon Manager folder.

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2022, 10:14:40 am »

Check the firewall is not blocking online access to any executable in the Addon Manager folder.

There's no Firewall enabled on my P3D PC, never has been.

Something definitely changed with GSX when I did the update after the prompt to do so. Before that all was hunky dory, now GSX won't work and my original purchase is declared invalid. I've, perhaps stupidly, paid for it twice now.

I shouldn't have gone ahead with the update -- as they say if it works, let it be!

Would I be able to go back to how it was two days ago by restoring the Addon Manager folder from my backup, or is there more involved?

Regards
Pete
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 10:18:40 am by Pete Dowson »

liamr685

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 02:11:17 pm »
The most recent few updates have borked GSX for p3d and fsx users.
Many bugs experienced by many people.

Over a week now since gsx became bugged and still no end in sight.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 02:19:46 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2022, 02:22:18 pm »
Most of the initially reported bugs have already being fixed, and there are several users that confirmed P3D is working for them.

A failure to contact the activation server can be caused by:

- A firewall blocking it

- An antivirus blocking the software

- A problem with some system libraries not being updated. This should be fixed by installing the latest version of the FSDT Installer and in some cases, it might be required to Restart Windows.

It is ALSO possible to activate directly from the FSDT Installer.

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2022, 12:30:58 pm »
A failure to contact the activation server can be caused by:

- A firewall blocking it

- An antivirus blocking the software

- A problem with some system libraries not being updated. This should be fixed by installing the latest version of the FSDT Installer and in some cases, it might be required to Restart Windows.

It is ALSO possible to activate directly from the FSDT Installer.

Well, I'm sure the first two don't apply so I'll try downloading the latest installer.

What's more puzzling is: why has my many-years-standing GSX base activation key suddenly been declared invalid? I (wrongly it seemed) that I needed to purchase again as it was some sort of major update, like the "PRO" version (which, just in time before purchase, I found was for MSFS, not P3D).

To make things clearer: on Thursday I ran P3D5 and was quite happily using GSX before taking off from LFPG. On Saturday, on starting P3D5 I was advised to run the Installer to make updates. I did so, and it was after that when I found GSX wouldn't respond. Checking in the Addon Manager I found that all of my FSDT purchased were declared active except GSX!!

I'll try a fresh install of the Installer. But if I find I still have to re-activate GSX (even directly in the Installer), should I now use my original long-standing activation code, or the new one I purchased on Saturday?

Regards
Pete Dowson

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2022, 02:09:54 pm »
Okay. I downloaded and installed the latest Installer.

Running it I see it is much improved -- a much nicer and very informative interface!

It said GSX was active!  Anyway, I let it do the updates again., then ran P3D5. Everything worked again!

So, it seems my original activation key was okay still and the Addon Manager was wrong. Why, I have no idea.

But as a result, and my misunderstanding of this update, I now have an unwanted / unneeded new activation key for GSX base. What is the process for requesting a refund, or is that not possible?

Regards
Pete Dowson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2022, 02:58:21 pm »
Sure contact me at the support address, and I'll refund you the double purchase.