Author Topic: Wrong Fuel Truck  (Read 939 times)

n!ke^

Wrong Fuel Truck
« on: August 26, 2022, 09:52:09 am »
Hey there, i get the wrong Fuel Truck. I need Jet A-1 not AVGAS (check the screenshot), how can i change the Fuel Truck?

Thanks.

n!ke^

Re: Wrong Fuel Truck
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 04:17:04 am »
Any idea?  :(

Turok144

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2022, 05:53:04 am »
I'm not sure if it depends on the aircraft being used or airport, or luck of the draw.  Anyway, I flew into FSDT Zurich airport and used the PMDG 730-800.  When I asked for fuel, the large tanker arrived and it fit under the wing.  I believe it was due to the recent update.  The fuel loader connected two hoses under the wing.  I then tried the PMDG 737-700 and got the smaller truck like the one in your screenshot.

What I've been doing is running the FSDT Live updater app each morning and turning off the Win 10 firewall while the updater is running.  Everyday, I'm noticing new changes.  It's awesome to see such a dedicated team of professionals who are working around the clock to improve this truly epic addon. 

BTW, have you used the drone camera to get up close and personal with the vehicles and other components of the GSX Pro addon?  The level of detail is truly astounding!  For me, it's an eye candy paradise! 👍

n!ke^

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 11:12:01 am »
i fly also the 800er. And i got on every Airport that AVGAS Truck... Try already the Live Update but nothing happen... But Thanks for your Replay Turok
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 11:14:04 am by n!ke^ »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2022, 11:39:24 am »
That's indication is just a texture, it doesn't have anything to do with the kind of fuel used, we might add a repaint for it, saying Jet A1, and display one or the other depending on the Fuel type in the airplane, but that will be only a cosmetic issue, like choosing an operator over the other.

What I think you are missing here, is you probably were expecting a Fuel Hydrant or a Tanker, that doesn't have anything to do with the Fuel Type, it's ONLY because, as already discussed in so many threads, the Tanker requires being on an APRON AND having a refueling point higher than 3.00 meters from ground, while the Hydrant requires being on a GATE, and having a refueling point higher than 3.40 meters from ground, that's the lowest the platform on each vehicle can go, so you won't see the Hydrant on a 737, because the wing is just too low, so that vehicle will appear instead, which has no crew animation.

On Aprons, you might get the Tanker because ( depending on airplane *weight* which affects height from ground ), the refueling point might just be higher than 3.00 mt. to call the Tanker and, if you want to use the Tanker even on GATES, you can just disable "Underground refueling" option in the scenery customization page for the affected parking spots, so those will always use the Tanker.

As already confirmed multiple times in other threads, we ARE working on a completely new animation for the fuel truck, which will use the large spooler with a cable extending out and under the wing, which can be accessed by the crew without a raising platform, just a ladder step or, in case with planes with very low wings, like the MD80, just by standing up.

n!ke^

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2022, 12:16:44 pm »
Nope, its not just a cosmetic issue, that Fuel Truck comes 3 Times for "just" 15.000 Kg Fuel

And btw i got the Hydrant right next to my Plane as u can see. It spawns when i start GSX. LEPA Gate 44

But that 3 Meters makes sense to me. But why u dont use other trucks instead of that one with AVGAS? Check the Attachment for a sample

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2022, 12:51:47 pm »
Nope, its not just a cosmetic issue, that Fuel Truck comes 3 Times for "just" 15.000 Kg Fuel

Well, of course it does, since it only has a limited capacity.

And btw i got the Hydrant right next to my Plane as u can see. It spawns when i start GSX. LEPA Gate 44

I don't see any Hydrant in your screenshot. I only see the Hydrant ground connection, which means that gate COULD support an Hydrant, but only if you go there with an airplane with a refueling point high enough ( > 3.40 mt )

But why u dont use other trucks instead of that one with AVGAS? Check the Attachment for a sample

We DO have that truck as well, if two vehicles are allowed for an airplane, they will appear at random. However, thanks to your report, I just found a problem in that truck definition: it had a constraint for the fuel height being higher than 3.0 mt. which doesn't make any sense for that vehicle, since it doesn't have a raising platform, we'll fix this asap.