Author Topic: Fps drop with gsx  (Read 2302 times)

hsud9362

Fps drop with gsx
« on: August 26, 2022, 03:08:18 am »
Hi all, I’m on a amd2600x and gtx1070ti, but since installing GSX my fps fluctuates a lot between 35-10, was wondering if anyones having same issue or it’s just my spec being low to support gsx operation. Thanks

tangjuice81

Re: Fps drop with gsx
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 05:37:52 am »
I've noticed some shutters as well.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2022, 06:00:29 pm »
Please clarify if this is happening only when using GSX with its own menu, or just by having GSX vehicles wandering around the airport.

Ralf84

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 05:03:10 am »
I have terrible fps drops after a couple of hours of flight, it’s just impossibile to land safely. No stutters after temporarily uninstalling gsx, no fps drops at all.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 12:38:30 pm »
I have terrible fps drops after a couple of hours of flight, it’s just impossibile to land safely. No stutters after temporarily uninstalling gsx, no fps drops at all.

Here's a link to a streamed multi-leg flight lasting 3:40 hours, with GSX used all over the way, showing perfectly fine fps until the end:

senchay

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2022, 02:42:28 am »
i dont have any loss after x amount of time either.

The topic "low fps after a few h flight" exists since msfs. You wil find tens of thousands of search results ^^

But what ive noticed is obviously its using vram. And on some of the new, big sized airports gsx can bring my 2080 near the vram max.

Its like with everything, ppl who are already near the limit before, will probably have chance to reach their limit by each new app installed. And in this case its gsx.

A 1070, well, i reach my limit with my rtx 2080 sometimes, even with locked fps to 30. So i expect you may reach it too ^^

Ralf84

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2022, 11:21:05 am »
I did a very hard test yesterday, LBBG to EDDH with Maddog MD82, fs2crew, AIG Traffic Controller, A Pilot's Life Chapter 2, took off, reached cruise altitude, then I had to freeze the pc, when I came back home and turned on the pc again, I was able to resume the flight and safely land, no fps drops, no sound bug, the airport was congested, called the follow me car to the gate, followed the marshall indications, and deboarded successfully with the jetway.
I have just deactivated the mod and the actived again and everything is perfect now. I just love this product!

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2022, 07:11:12 am »
I have the same problem
FPS drops badly when I turn the camera towards the plane during boarding and deboarding