Author Topic: Passenger load does not match sim brif data  (Read 10376 times)

jack153

Re: Passenger load does not match sim brif data
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2022, 12:43:22 am »
this entry change leads to the next error so only 9 pax are loaded so this does not work either

This usually happens when the scenery's data is not loaded correctly by GSX or when jetway data and scenery data mismatch. What airport was it and what scenery? Was it a marketplace airport? And if 3rd party, did you exclude the GSX jetways for that airport?

LZSH from fsdreamteam so if it does not run there you know that gsx still has a quirk :D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2022, 12:48:21 am »
this entry change leads to the next error so only 9 pax are loaded so this does not work either

Which means there was another condition that hasn't been satisficed to enable Simbrief integration, so GSX estimated from the payload, which might have been low at that time. Please read again all conditions to have Simbrief enabled at Page 60 of the manual.

If you want to check what's really happening, enabled logging in the GSX Settings and all interaction with Simbrief will be logged as well

emsss78

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2022, 06:32:05 am »
It looks like the PMDG 737-800 has the incorrect ICAO code listed in the aircraft.cfg- they have it as B737 and 737-700

Correct the entries so they look like this:

[General]
atc_type="BOEING"
atc_model="B737"
Category = "airplane"
icao_type_designator="B738"
icao_manufacturer="Boeing"
icao_model="737-800"

This worked perfectly for me...I now get the correct simbrief PAX Number..it was driving me nuts

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2022, 09:45:11 am »
LZSH from fsdreamteam so if it does not run there you know that gsx still has a quirk

The scenery used doesn't have any effect on the passenger number calculation, which is done either by reading the airplane payload OR from Simbrief.

somiller

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2022, 03:38:35 pm »

This usually happens when the scenery's data is not loaded correctly by GSX or when jetway data and scenery data mismatch. What airport was it and what scenery? Was it a marketplace airport? And if 3rd party, did you exclude the GSX jetways for that airport?

I spent 5 hours last night trying to get GSX to NOT load 9 passenger, and instead load according to my simbrief plan. First I had to correct PMDG's error in the aircraft.cfg and then I had to regenerate my simbrief plan because it was out of date by the time I got the PMDG error sorted out - ALL COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY WHEN EXTRACTING PASSENGER LOAD FROM SIMBRIEF PLAN.

Quite honestly, Umberto, I believe you have created support issues for yourself: there is no reason to require verification of aircraft model, type, size, or whatever when setting passenger number from simbrief - if the pilot doesn't care to make sure the aircraft being used matches the simbrief flightplan, what do you or GSX/Coatl care - it just adds complexity that serves no purpose.
Another status check that is useless and will cause exactly the same problem of not loading the number of passengers in the simbrief plan is if the scheduled departure time of the plan is wrong for the current time - once again you are only creating support cases and more work for you and your staff - what do you or GSX/Coatl care if the times are wrong - if the pilot doesn't care why should you.

A better way would be a warning message for both cases, with the options to ignore the error, or ignore the simbrief plan. A best way would be to ignore both errors and just continue loading the simbrief passenger count.

Please don't make it more complex than is necessary, and remove these superfluous verification/checks, and let us just use GSX the way WE want.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 04:05:17 pm by somiller »

moxiejeff

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2022, 04:27:34 pm »
With all due, you had to regenerate your simbrief profile and that made you upset? Pfft.

somiller

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2022, 05:22:58 pm »
With all due, you had to regenerate your simbrief profile and that made you upset? Pfft.

That's what you got out of my post?! Comprehension challenged are we?

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2022, 05:31:11 pm »
... there is no reason to require verification of aircraft model, type, size, or whatever when setting passenger number from simbrief - if the pilot doesn't care to make sure the aircraft being used matches the simbrief flightplan, what do you or GSX/Coatl care - it just adds complexity that serves no purpose.

Seriously? So If I plan a Simbrief flight for a 777-200ER, with 320 passengers and 148,000 of fuel on board and then start the flight with a 737... You don't think GSX should care? That makes no sense. Of course it matters, and of course GSX should check...

Umberto - do we need to correct the 700 as well? I hadn't noticed any problems loading, but that might just be me not paying attention.  :D

[General]
atc_type="BOEING"
atc_model="B737"
Category = "airplane"
icao_type_designator="B737"
icao_manufacturer="Boeing"
icao_model="737-700"
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2022, 05:36:56 pm »
Umberto - do we need to correct the 700 as well?

I see it's fine in the file you posted: B737

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2022, 05:39:21 pm »
Oh... I was going by this:
icao_model should be "B738", that's the official ICAO code which is also what Simbrief use.

I thought we needed to change icao_model="B737"
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

Trevor Hannant

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2022, 05:43:38 pm »
https://docs.flightsimulator.com/html/Content_Configuration/SimObjects/Aircraft_SimO/Aircraft_Config_Definition.htm

Here's the different fields and what they're supposed to read.  If there's any developer using them incorrectly, then raise a ticket with them so that everyone can start using everything exactly the same and how it should.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2022, 05:44:09 pm »
I thought we needed to change icao_model="B737"

No, read the previous posts, the parameter to change is icao_type_designator.

NGLH

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2022, 05:46:06 pm »
I have a strange issue with the Fenix. Is obviously can’t read the eight passsanger numbers. For example 145 pax like simbrief said. So I only get 98 for example but when I start deboarding. It reads and deboard 145. Just to clarify it for me
1 I complete my flight plans with sim brief creat a flight plan etc.
2 open up the Fenix EFB got to the simbrief “app” load my flight into the EFB
3 open Fenix app load the flight plan there.
4 open GSX(than GSX should read the Pax number) REQUEST FUEL Catering.
5 than spart Boarding via GSX.

Did I missing anything ?
Anything in a wrong order ? Estimate Pax are of Siembrief NAME is correct inside the GSX settings.

Best regards

somiller

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2022, 07:58:48 pm »
Well I'm not sure why one would do that, but if it's not important to that person how does it suddenly become important to break the function of using the simbrief passenger manifest.

...and yet here you are still wasting time trying to fix it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 08:51:25 pm by virtuali »

jack153

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2022, 08:08:19 pm »
what is the problem that gsx can't manage to load the correct number of PAX? D here is written so much because you can no longer see through 
I especially not because I have to work with translator and the sentences sometimes do not make sense :D

Umberto you're swiss you could tell me in german what exactly the problem is now?

I am registered with simbrif correctly and the config file I have also changed please explain to me what is wrong I do not understand it ?