Author Topic: This is way too hard  (Read 1123 times)

teisco

This is way too hard
« on: August 25, 2022, 05:15:07 pm »
Installed but this program might be beyond me.
I go into the sim, choose and airport and open it, the GSX window comes up and I choose to configure my aircraft and so another window comes up but that window is in a hurry to leave and if it leaves you can do nothing. Click on the GSX logo all you want and nothing.

So I log out of MSFS and then back in. Go to airport but now no window comes up and no amount of clicking on the GSX logo will open anything. I find that I have to now reboot the pc and start over and then a window will come up...but I have to reboot the pc !

With the second small window closing within seconds of opening and leaving me stranded and after so many reboots of my pc this has me thinking what is wrong here. Have tried to delete and re install GSX several times but same thing each time.

I am not new to this, been doing sims and working for developers for almost twenty years and never seen anything like this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: This is way too hard
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 05:22:52 pm »
I go into the sim, choose and airport and open it, the GSX window comes up and I choose to configure my aircraft and so another window comes up but that window is in a hurry to leave and if it leaves you can do nothing. Click on the GSX logo all you want and nothing.

From your description of the problem, it seem your issue is just you are too quick to open the menu, and expect an immediate response. The first startup will be slow, because the airport cache must be recreated, and during this time you can't use GSX.

The menu you said "closed itself", was probably because *finally* completed loading and to prevent the menu to popup unwanted, as part of the start up, the menu will be closed in case is left open, but you opened it in the meantime, to the two open/close competed with each other.

Same when you say "no amount of clicking on the GSX logo will open anything". If you click too quickly without allowing to load, you are continuing to kill/restart the menu code.

This is a way of the way of the interaction between the Html/JS system and Simconnect and WASM interact and the fact the toolbar menu code is automatically killed ( whatever you were doing ) by the simulator itself in the very moment you close the toolbar icon so, you click again it must go again to some restart procedure.

First opening on a gate can take 3-4 seconds, because it's searching for vehicles to load, it's creating traffic cones and the underground refueling hole and it's looking on SimBrief in case you have a flight plan ready for this airport.

Just go slower, and it will all works.

jack153

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 05:28:48 pm »
he problem what he has I can confirm so änlich only means ehr if you have the window open it closes after about 10 sec again then the button remains white then you have to press 2x on it until the window comes back so 1x press then it becomes gray and press again it comes back

the problem with the one goes out of the simulation and into the menu then back into the simulation and it is no longer started is with just so seems to be a bug that he has problems with more than one restart to become active again

I use translated I hope you still understand what I mean

teisco

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 05:33:50 pm »
Yes tried all that, wish there was another window like in FSX version where you could  at least start it up again. I can wait for hours but pressing that GSX button once a window is closed only tell me GSX has not  loaded yet...but I dont have hours and this thing about having to reboot to get it to work,,,common now..
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 06:47:34 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 06:49:17 pm »
Yes tried all that, wish there was another window like in FSX version where you could  at least start it up again.

You should REALLY try to read the manual, because now it's WAY easier than ever Restart, Quit, Start the Coual engine, since it now has a icon in the Window Tray Bar.

And, in the GSX menu itself, there's a "Restart Couatl" option, maybe you missed it because the panel was too small, just resize it.