Author Topic: Invisible Service Vehicles at CYYZ  (Read 2838 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Invisible Service Vehicles at CYYZ
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2022, 09:30:42 am »
Who said anything about CTD.  Im not getting any CTDs at all, havent all week. 

Please re-read my explanation, some users don't get an immediate CTD, but have graphic issues like missing texture or missing objects

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2022, 09:34:31 am »
With the jetways enabled inn GSX config, the one time I tried this, the jetway didn't function at all, but the invisible trucks are all now visible.

This seems to be an elevation problem of some kind. You surely can't use a 3rd party scenery with GSX jetways, they won't work for sure, since their parking assignment and position won't match the GSX replacement .BGL which is intended to be used only with the default airport. Jetways won't work and you'll have double parking visible on the map.

However, the GSX replacement .BGL, when active, also set the ground altitude, that might have fixed  something.

gdavej

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2022, 03:19:13 pm »
This seems to be an elevation problem of some kind. You surely can't use a 3rd party scenery with GSX jetways, they won't work for sure, since their parking assignment and position won't match the GSX replacement .BGL which is intended to be used only with the default airport. Jetways won't work and you'll have double parking visible on the map.

However, the GSX replacement .BGL, when active, also set the ground altitude, that might have fixed  something.

I only mentioned in my last message about trying with jetways enabled to show I'd tried everything, and that this was the only time that the service vehicles were visible. I know and understand that the GSX jetways need to be disabled for 3rd party airports. When I correctly disable the GSX jetways, then I have issues with invisible service vehicles.

gdavej

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2022, 05:37:37 am »
So does anybody have any solutions to this problem. To summarise...

I have FlyTampa CYYZ purchased from Orbx, thus no encrypted files. I have CYYZ disabled in the GSX jetway list. Various service vehicles are invisible... catering trucks, pushback vehicle, UHD containers and trucks, although their actual presence, albeit invisible, can be inferred from GSX messages, doors opening, lifts ascending, and the a/c being pushed back.

So really GSX cannot be used at FlyTampa CYYZ, and I'm better off using FS2Crew Pushback express. Obviously I've purchased GSX Pro, and since CYYZ is my home airport, I really need it working correctly at Toronto Pearson. I also believe that the problems being caused at CYYZ by GSX, are impacting the display of my arrival airport... KORD, with buildings being invisible there.

Seth2413

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2022, 10:09:46 am »
So does anybody have any solutions to this problem. To summarise...

I have FlyTampa CYYZ purchased from Orbx, thus no encrypted files. I have CYYZ disabled in the GSX jetway list. Various service vehicles are invisible... catering trucks, pushback vehicle, UHD containers and trucks, although their actual presence, albeit invisible, can be inferred from GSX messages, doors opening, lifts ascending, and the a/c being pushed back.

So really GSX cannot be used at FlyTampa CYYZ, and I'm better off using FS2Crew Pushback express. Obviously I've purchased GSX Pro, and since CYYZ is my home airport, I really need it working correctly at Toronto Pearson. I also believe that the problems being caused at CYYZ by GSX, are impacting the display of my arrival airport... KORD, with buildings being invisible there.

Hey wow thats interesting.  I did a flight from KSEA to CYVR which ive reported above and when I arrived at CYVR none of the buoldings were present.  CYVR is not a purchased version at all but a freeware version from flightsim.to and there was nothing, thought it may have been my system but once I uninstalled GSX and looked at CYVR again it was there.  This program is just evil. 

Seth2413

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2022, 10:12:23 am »
Who said anything about CTD.  Im not getting any CTDs at all, havent all week. 

Please re-read my explanation, some users don't get an immediate CTD, but have graphic issues like missing texture or missing objects

Ok so what you are not trying to tell me is that my missing textures and objects are not the fault of GSX but the fault of recent CTD problems with Asobo.  Spare me!  So happy ive made a $50 AUD donation to your bank account for nothing. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2022, 10:19:15 am »
Hey wow thats interesting.  I did a flight from KSEA to CYVR which ive reported above and when I arrived at CYVR none of the buoldings were present.  CYVR is not a purchased version at all but a freeware version from flightsim.to and there was nothing, thought it may have been my system but once I uninstalled GSX and looked at CYVR again it was there.  This program is just evil.

Have you disabled CYVR  in the GSX Config panel ? You are always supposed to disable jetway replacement if your airport is not default, that's not a bug, it's how's supposed to be.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2022, 10:20:31 am »
Ok so what you are not trying to tell me is that my missing textures and objects are not the fault of GSX but the fault of recent CTD problems with Asobo. 

That was just one possible cause, the other you not having disabled the airport in the GSX Config panel, which you are supposed to do if you airport is not default, that's why there's an Exclude 3rd party button there.

gdavej

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2022, 11:20:42 am »
That was just one possible cause, the other you not having disabled the airport in the GSX Config panel, which you are supposed to do if you airport is not default, that's why there's an Exclude 3rd party button there.

Neither of those explain my issues, both CYYZ and KORD (start and end of my flight) are excluded from the GSX Jetway list. Both issues of invisible service vehicles at CYYZ, and missing entire airport (buildings runways the lot) at KORD are consistently present (please see topic in KORD MSFS support forum for more details of my KORD issues) when GSX is enabled.

When GSX is disabled, of course I then use FS2Crew to simulate the a/c servicing, but neither issue is then present. Landing at KOORD in this case displays the airport correctly.

Also, if I start a flight at KORD with GSX enabled, then the airport is present and GSX works great; it's just a problem on arrival with GSX enabled. I cannot believe that either of these issues can be explained by an Asobo error unless that error is impacting GSX in some strange way, and certainly since both airports are excluded form the jetway list, that also cannot explain these problems.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2022, 11:37:12 am »
Neither of those explain my issues, both CYYZ and KORD (start and end of my flight) are excluded from the GSX Jetway list. Both issues of invisible service vehicles at CYYZ, and missing entire airport (buildings runways the lot) at KORD are consistently present (please see topic in KORD MSFS support forum for more details of my KORD issues) when GSX is enabled.

I can't explain it either. GSX cannot possibly affect KORD. The only thing I could think of, we DID had a corrupted version of the KORD main airport .BGL for a few hours online, but it was fixed as soon it was reported:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26766.msg175146.html#msg175146

That's the only thing that would surely cause KORD buildings not to be seen. Even if for any reason you removed KORD from the Disabled list, you would see GSX Jetways instead of FSDT KORD own jetways, but that's the worse it could happen.

And just to be sure, if you have the MSFS Premium version, have you disabled Asobo KORD in the Content Manager ?

gdavej

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2022, 01:37:34 pm »
I can't explain it either. GSX cannot possibly affect KORD. The only thing I could think of, we DID had a corrupted version of the KORD main airport .BGL for a few hours online, but it was fixed as soon it was reported:

That cannot be the cause, since I can see the airport buildings when I start a flight at KORD with GSX enabled, and when I finish a flight at KORD with GSX disabled. If the files were corrupted, then I would have the same problem of missing airport in all cases, which evidently I don't. I guess I need more information... I'll try a flight from CYYZ to FSDT Charlotte.

And just to be sure, if you have the MSFS Premium version, have you disabled Asobo KORD in the Content Manager ?

No, I'm just a poor retiree, with bugger all money, so it's the bog standard MSFS for me.

gdavej

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2022, 10:51:03 am »
I'll try a flight from CYYZ to FSDT Charlotte.

I tried the flight from CYYZ to KCLT (your FSDT version), an everything worked perfectly. I did start the flight at a ramp instead of a gate at Toronto, and all vehicles appeared, did all their stuff correctly, and went away. So my problem with the stealthy service vehicles only happens when I use a gate with jetyway at CYYZ. As I said earlier, CYYZ is definitely in the GSX jetway exclusion list. So, any clue why I have a problem when I use a gate and jetway at CYYZ, but no problem when I use a ramp?