Author Topic: Invisible Service Vehicles at CYYZ  (Read 2839 times)

gdavej

Invisible Service Vehicles at CYYZ
« on: August 25, 2022, 01:25:32 pm »
I'm using FlyTampa CYYZ with GSX Pro in MSFS. I've disabled the GSX jetways in the Configuration, and the default jetway seems to work okay. However, I'm having problems with some service vehicles. Requesting Catering shows messages that the Catering trucks are on the way, the doors on the Fenix A320 open, and a message eventually displays that Catering has completed, only problem... the catering trucks were invisible. Same with the UHD containers, although the UHD loader does show. Any idea why these service vehicles aren't showing?

I haven't had this problem with other airports like EDDH and EDDM by SimWings, everything worked flawlessly at those airports.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 01:28:11 pm by gdavej »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Invisible Service Vehicles at CYYZ
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 06:55:51 pm »
It's possible you have an incomplete install, check the Sticky thread named "Objects missing / Pink textures and errors starting GSX" at the top of this section.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26933.0.html

gdavej

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2022, 10:46:23 am »
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but no good. Initially after the reinstall, I did see the catering trucks, and the UHD containers, but the jetways refused to move... I tried the GSX option to move the jetway, the Fenix on board EFB, the FS2Crew Pushback, and finally Ground Services through ATC although the option to request a jetway connection was absent from Ground Services. After exiting MSFS, I went into FSDT installer, and confirmed that CYYZ had been added to the disabled jetway list. I re-enabled it and then disabled it, and now when I went into MSFS, the jetway worked okay, but no catering trucks, UHD containers, or even the pushback vehicle were visible. I've tried disabling CYYZ in the airport services list, this didn't resolve anything.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 10:49:32 am »
I went into FSDT installer, and confirmed that CYYZ had been added to the disabled jetway list. I re-enabled it and then disabled it, and now when I went into MSFS, the jetway worked okay, but no catering trucks, UHD containers, or even the pushback vehicle were visible. I've tried disabling CYYZ in the airport services list, this didn't resolve anything.

Please clarify if those missing vehicles you are missing are the ones that comes automatically at all gates, as Living World vehicles to service AIs or wander around the airport, or are missing when you call GSX.

gdavej

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2022, 03:58:16 pm »
Please clarify if those missing vehicles you are missing are the ones that comes automatically at all gates, as Living World vehicles to service AIs or wander around the airport, or are missing when you call GSX.

They are the vehicles that should come when invoked by GSX. I call the catering trucks, I get a message saying they are on the way, the right hand doors open and the GSX menu eventually tells me that the catering trucks are in position, except they're invisible. When I call for boarding, the UHD loaders approach the aircraft, and the cargo doors open, but the UHD containers never appear, even though the loader lifts go up and down empty. The refueling truck does show up, and when I call for it through GSX, I get a message that all services will be handled by Air Canada, also at that time various vehicles around the aircraft disappear (I guess these are the FlyTampa vehicles), and the cargo loaders appear, also at this time, the pushback vehicle disappears.

stefan

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2022, 04:48:03 pm »
Could this be related to specific airport sceneries? For example, at Flytampa's Corfu scenery, I've experienced the pushback truck disappearing/reappearing depending on the viewpoint in external view. Moving the camera around, the truck randomly visible/invisible. The towbar stayed visible all the time.

gdavej

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2022, 05:22:19 am »
Could this be related to specific airport sceneries? For example, at Flytampa's Corfu scenery, I've experienced the pushback truck disappearing/reappearing depending on the viewpoint in external view. Moving the camera around, the truck randomly visible/invisible. The towbar stayed visible all the time.

It's certainly not a problem for all airports. I've done some flights from both EDDH and EDDM to EGLL running GSX as well, and in those, GSX performed perfectly. I have seen the missing service vehicles at Toronto, in particular, when the jetway was corrupted, but they do seem to be consistently invisible now, although their presence can be inferred through other actions... the pushback vehicle is invisible as is the person connecting the pushback truck, but I still get all the correct messages, and the aircraft does move back from the gate precisely as requested.

One difference I noticed... at other airports, when I select the fuel truck, I'm given a choice of service company, but at CYYZ, I have no choice... just a message confirming Air Canada. Maybe Air Canada has gone into the stealth business?

Seth2413

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2022, 05:53:00 am »
It's possible you have an incomplete install, check the Sticky thread named "Objects missing / Pink textures and errors starting GSX" at the top of this section.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26933.0.html

You keep saying this and saying this.  So today I tried again and oh yes I got it working well, all vehicles, new jetways, no issues when exitting to the main menu.  Followed all steps and seemed to work well except it would only load 9 people initially but then went to 210 so doesnt read simbrief info yet I have read the manual and it is setup exactly how is stated. 

Later in day do another flight, no new jetways, no fuel truck (invisible), luggage belts present but no trucks (invisible because ther luggage appears magically) and when I went to exit to main menu it hung.  So obviously just corrupts itself. 

My only option once again (ive lost count how many times ive uninstalled and re-installed) is to remove and re-install - AGAIN unless you have another alternative. 

gdavej

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2022, 06:54:45 am »
Later in day do another flight, no new jetways, no fuel truck (invisible), luggage belts present but no trucks (invisible because ther luggage appears magically) and when I went to exit to main menu it hung.  So obviously just corrupts itself. 

I'm also getting hangs when I try to exit MSFS, have to kill the MSFS task manually.

Seth2413

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2022, 07:43:45 am »
Yes that is what is happening for me.  Have to kill it manually and re-start whole load up process. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2022, 09:34:55 am »
As already explained in so many threads about CTDs, you shouldn't forget we are in a "CTD week" so, anything you do in the sim is unpredictable, especially when crash/hangs are concerned, they can happen at any time, randomly, and they can *also* be preceded by graphic issues and/or invisible objects.

Be sure you applied the fix suggested by Microsoft:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/fix-for-ntdll-dll-crashes-on-windows/538552

Personally, I never had a CTD, but I'm using SU10 Beta, in DirectX 12, and this configuration seems to be unaffected.

gdavej

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2022, 03:38:29 pm »
As already explained in so many threads about CTDs, you shouldn't forget we are in a "CTD week" so, anything you do in the sim is unpredictable, especially when crash/hangs are concerned, they can happen at any time, randomly, and they can *also* be preceded by graphic issues and/or invisible objects.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/fix-for-ntdll-dll-crashes-on-windows/538552

Personally, I never had a CTD, but I'm using SU10 Beta, in DirectX 12, and this configuration seems to be unaffected.

So, any thoughts on my issue of the invisible vehicles at Toronto? It's still an issue for me

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2022, 03:49:47 pm »
So, any thoughts on my issue of the invisible vehicles at Toronto? It's still an issue for me

Please clarify, do you mean you have vehicles visible normally, except that airport ? Which airport is, default or 3rd party ? If it's 3rd party, is a Marketplace airport ?

gdavej

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2022, 05:18:29 am »

Please clarify, do you mean you have vehicles visible normally, except that airport ? Which airport is, default or 3rd party ? If it's 3rd party, is a Marketplace airport ?

It's FlyTampa CYYZ purchased through Orbx.

With the jetways disabled in the GSX config, the vehicles which aren't visible include catering trucks, pushback truck, and the UHD containers and truck. The refueling truck does show, the UHD loaders show and the jetway appears to function correctly. The stealth vehicles that don't appear all still function correctly, the doors open for the catering trucks, the lifts on the UHD loaders go up and down but with invisible containers, and the pushback functions correctly with all GSX prompts, but no visible pushback truck.

With the jetways enabled inn GSX config, the one time I tried this, the jetway didn't function at all, but the invisible trucks are all now visible.

With the airport services enabled and disabled, doesn't seem to make any difference here.

I've tried GSX with other airports... EDDH, EDDM, CYXY, CYFB, CYGK and EGLL, and it worked flawlessly at all those airports.

Seth2413

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2022, 09:20:37 am »

Who said anything about CTD.  Im not getting any CTDs at all, havent all week.  What we are saying is this.  I started at KSEA to CYVR stand C20.  Had no new glass jetways so no banners, after boarding started I could hear passengers baording but couldnt see any.  I could see the luggage conveyor trucks but the luggage carts were invisible.  I could see the luggage man lifting invisible bags that appeared once on the belt.  The flight I had before that everything worked after finally using the offline installer, second flight now like this.  Then when I tried to exit from sim back to main menu it would not load and just hung and I had to exit manually out of MSFS through task manager.  Now once ive deleted it - again!!! it doesnt hang when I exit to manin menu, it only does it when GSX decides not to play.