Author Topic: Should GSX detect airports in the community folder?  (Read 1032 times)

ogeva

Should GSX detect airports in the community folder?
« on: August 25, 2022, 11:56:37 am »
Shouldn't GSX detect any addon airport in the community folder and not replace its jetways?
I see that at least *some* of my airports get their jetways replaced, unless i excluded them manually - which would be tedious with any new add on.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Should GSX detect airports in the community folder?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 12:03:34 pm »
Quoting from the manual, Page 7:

The “Exclude 3rd party” button will automatically move all the installed 3rd party airport in the “Disabled” list, it’s typically used after installing a new scenery. In order to be successfully recognized, airport packages must use the standard MSFS naming convention developer-airport-icao-name

If some of your airports are automatically found and some of them aren't, it's likely because they are not following the official naming convention suggested by Microsoft. That's why there's an ICAO search box to cover these cases.

ogeva

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 04:06:58 pm »
Quoting from the manual, Page 7:

The “Exclude 3rd party” button will automatically move all the installed 3rd party airport in the “Disabled” list, it’s typically used after installing a new scenery. In order to be successfully recognized, airport packages must use the standard MSFS naming convention developer-airport-icao-name

If some of your airports are automatically found and some of them aren't, it's likely because they are not following the official naming convention suggested by Microsoft. That's why there's an ICAO search box to cover these cases.

That is not the case. Specifically, I saw this at Aerosoft's LLBG, which is installed to aerosoft-airport-llbg-ben-gurion-airport - and conforms.

Anyway, what I meant with my questions was - must I open the installer and click that button or exclude the specific airport EVERY TIME I install a new airport?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 04:20:04 pm »
That is not the case. Specifically, I saw this at Aerosoft's LLBG, which is installed to aerosoft-airport-llbg-ben-gurion-airport - and conforms.

Please confirm you are still referring to the GSX Config page in the installer, meaning you click the "Exclude 3rd party button" and LLBG is not found ?

Anyway, what I meant with my questions was - must I open the installer and click that button or exclude the specific airport EVERY TIME I install a new airport?

You surely must do that with the "Exclude 3rd party button" every time you install a new airport. Changes to Enabled/Disabled .BGLs cannot be made while the simulator is running, it's not as if we could do it dynamically inside the simulator.

If the new scenery is not found with the "Exclude 3rd party button", then you should add it to the Disabled list by searching its ICAO.

ogeva

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 05:32:31 pm »
Ok thanks, it works as expected then.