Author Topic: Losing my nerves please support!  (Read 1166 times)

turbay

Losing my nerves please support!
« on: August 24, 2022, 08:30:31 pm »
hello for some reason i am constantly receiving the following message "couatl scripting engine hasn't started". What i have done so far:

-bought the product
-activate the product directly in the "FSDT Installer" - all airports are recognized
-start MSFS and surprise ""couatl scripting engine hasn't started". This is happening to me constantly.

why it has to be so complicated to run this addon? did i do something wrong in the steps above?

thanks for support.

Pirateinparadise

Re: Losing my nerves please support!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 08:40:59 pm »
There is a known issue with MSFS not always running some or all of the programs listed in exe.xml. There is an icon on your desktop called "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS". Run it, and you'll be in business.
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2022, 08:43:08 pm »
Before saying it's a GSX problem, check if it starts manually from its Desktop icon, we put it there precisely because MSFS not starting .EXE automatically it's a known issue that happens with ANY add-on.

It that doesn't work, then proceed as explained in the stick thread "how to report a problem".

turbay

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 10:14:19 am »
There is a known issue with MSFS not always running some or all of the programs listed in exe.xml. There is an icon on your desktop called "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS". Run it, and you'll be in business.

Thanks, that is definitely working!

turbay

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 10:16:03 am »
Before saying it's a GSX problem, check if it starts manually from its Desktop icon, we put it there precisely because MSFS not starting .EXE automatically it's a known issue that happens with ANY add-on.

It that doesn't work, then proceed as explained in the stick thread "how to report a problem".

Thanks Umberto for your feedback