Author Topic: [Suggestion] Add own parking position in GSX  (Read 964 times)

Phil7789

[Suggestion] Add own parking position in GSX
« on: August 24, 2022, 02:25:05 pm »
Hey,

I wanted to ask if it is possible or propose a suggestion for own parking position created in GSX.

What I mean is that in MSFS you cannot spawn at every position which is physically available on an airport.
If we could add our own parking position, so GSX knows where to put the service vehicles etc, we could use them for arrival (not for departure obviously).

Would it be possible to "create" a new position and fill out the information in the editor like we are doing for existing parking positions? Could GSX just save the position in the airports .ini file?
I would think of slewing to a new position or having arrived there already and then create a new position. Afterwards we could fine tune the different parking positions (aircraft + service vehicles)

This would especially be nice if you're assigned to a stand by ATC which is not available as "parking" for the sim. Of course jetways would probably not work.

I couldn't find a hint in the manual if this might already be possible.

Best regards,
Phil

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: [Suggestion] Add own parking position in GSX
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 02:51:00 pm »
Adding a parking as such might not be difficult, the problem is that parking *must* be connected to the rest of the taxiway layout, and that's the hard part, because we'd to recreate lots of the things MSFS internal DevMode already does but, without the privilege of being able to show a proper custom UI, or use the mouse, it would be very hard to use.

Way easier to just add the parking using the existing tools.

Phil7789

Re: [Suggestion] Add own parking position in GSX
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2022, 04:55:05 pm »
Ah I understand. Because the service vehicles need the connection for their pathfinding right?

With existing tools you mean create the parking as part of the scenery?