Author Topic: Couple of bugs  (Read 1666 times)

farman

Couple of bugs
« on: August 23, 2022, 04:38:08 pm »
Hi, after downloading from the offline updater GSX, I still found two minor bugs - or at least I think they are -:
1-The baggage appears and disappears from the carts on their way and during the loading.
2-The GSX menu disappears in 3 secs, just the time to click on one option at a time.
3-Couati engine stars after a couple of .exe commands.
      regards,
           Fulvio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couple of bugs
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 10:35:03 pm »
1-The baggage appears and disappears from the carts on their way and during the loading.

Are you using some specific viewpoints, like close ups ?

2-The GSX menu disappears in 3 secs, just the time to click on one option at a time.

Have a look at the manual, page 67, which explain why and under which circumstances the menu automatically closes itself.

3-Couati engine stars after a couple of .exe commands.

Please clarify, I don't understand this.

farman

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2022, 07:36:13 am »
1-NO, only looking at the airport from external view.
2-OK, I'll ake al look
3-GSX is telling me "Couati engine doesnt etc. etc"; after a couple of exe commands, it works properly.
       Fulvio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2022, 11:16:34 am »
3-GSX is telling me "Couati engine doesnt etc. etc"; after a couple of exe commands, it works properly.

I still don't understand what do you mean with "a couple of exe commands".

The program might take a bit to start, and it will take much longer if it needs to regenerate the cache (because something changed in the scenery library), and during that time, if you call GSX from the toolbar icon, it will always says Couatl hasn't started, because it's still loading, it will be considered "started", only after it has successfully connected to the sim and communicated with it.

farman

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2022, 01:38:22 pm »
1-Just after opening MSFS at the airport gate, the first line on the toolbar says: "Couati engine not started";
2-only at this point I give the .exe command; a complete black window opens and that's all; 3-
3-only after this last event I retry to re-give the .exe command and the black window tells me that the airport is GSX working after loading all the paramnters.
   Perhaps after the (2) black window must I wait for some time?
  In the end all is working
      Fulvio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2022, 02:13:17 pm »
You are not supposed to see the debug window, unless you have an error. However, yes, you need to wait for the program to complete loading, you can't use the menu straight away.

Of course, this wouldn't be a problem if there wasn't the MSFS bug that would start it automatically, because in that case, it would have enough time to start because you can even get to the main menu.

farman

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2022, 06:19:30 pm »
Got it; in the end, let's wait for better MSFS times; GSX Pro is an absolutely great add-on - I stiil remember how it worked in P3D -, and I really hope that step by step it may work properly.
     Fulvio