Author Topic: GSX Pro jetways  (Read 3186 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Pro jetways
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2022, 02:24:35 pm »
i have been into the addon folder and removed the back up folder as requested then run live update and gone back into the sim and the jetways are still default 3rd party

This means your 3rd party scenery has got an higher priority than ours.

Scenery priorities in the Community folder are handled by alphabetical order, unless you rearrange the areas by editing the CONTENT.XML file to have the ones you want to obtain the highest priority to be listed *last* there.

This is not usually a problem when replacing jetways at default airport, which is what GSX has been DESIGNED to do: replace jetways at *default* airports, because packages in the Community will always be loaded *after* the one in Official, that is default airport.

The problem is you are trying to do something you are not supposed to, replacing jetways at a 3rd party button. There's a button there to PREVENT jetway replacement at 3rd party airport, because that's what you are normally supposed to do.

The problem is, even after you manage to sort out the loading order, and see our jetways on that scenery, they'll likely won't work, because their parking stands and positions are based on the DEFAULT parking stand name/numbers and positions, so they will look misplaced and likely won't work well. Nowhere we ever advertise GSX in MSFS can be used to replace jetways at 3rd party airports, we provided with a set of 917 .BGL files that have been made just for one purpose: replace jetways at default airports.

messy027

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2022, 04:32:38 pm »
how do i go about say putting gsx in the first position in the xml?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2022, 10:36:23 pm »
how do i go about say putting gsx in the first position in the xml?

Sure, you'll likely see jetways, but they would still have all the problems I indicated, because you were not supposed to replace jetways on a 3rd party airport, that's not what GSX is designed for.