Author Topic: Attaching air stairs automatically leads to deboarding  (Read 3655 times)

SV1511

Re: Attaching air stairs automatically leads to deboarding
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2022, 04:36:53 pm »
Another observation that might help identify the problem:

When I have GSX running and close the sim session (return to sim main menu), gsx keeps running just fine.
However, whenever the deboarding bug has occurred and the GSX menu is stuck on the 'loading wheel', a return to sim main menu causes GSX to crash with an error message asking me if I want to restart GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2022, 05:27:31 pm »
return to sim main menu causes GSX to crash with an error message asking me if I want to restart GSX.

Please provide with a log of the error, as instructed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

SV1511

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2022, 09:47:39 pm »
Alright, I replicated the error and created a log using the method you sent. See attachment for the log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2022, 09:50:02 pm »
Alright, I replicated the error and created a log using the method you sent. See attachment for the log.

It seems you have an incomplete installation, since the log says a particular passenger model cannot be created. Follow the instructions here for a complete uninstall/reinstall:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26933.msg176314.html#msg176314

SV1511

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2022, 10:30:30 pm »
Okay, I have followed the steps to do a complete reinstall, however, the passengers deboarding bug is still there.
New log is attached to this post.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2022, 11:03:58 pm »
Okay, I have followed the steps to do a complete reinstall, however, the passengers deboarding bug is still there.
New log is attached to this post.

I'm sorry, but there's still something wrong in your installation. Now the error is on another passenger, as if none of the exists.

Are you *sure* you reinstalled as instructed ? Have you noticed any errors or warning during the installation ?

Do you see *both* the gsx-pro and the gsx-world-of-jetways packages installed and linked to the Community folder ?

SV1511

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2022, 11:13:08 pm »
Yes, I am absolutely sure I have reinstalled as instructed. I followed the steps carefully and to the letter. I can also see the passengers deboarding just fine, they move correctly and are all textured as they should be. Nothing is pink, nothing seems missing.
The rest of gsx is also working without any problems whatsoever, except for the dreaded deboarding-bug.

As for the installation, I have monitored the whole thing closely throughout the entire process and not a single error or warning popped up.
I just checked my community folder and both the gsx-pro and gsx-word-of-jetways packages are linked there and contain files and subfolders.

MadDog

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2022, 08:40:43 am »
I just had the same problem.  It's exactly as the previous posters describe:  At a Walk-in gate, attach stairs, open GSX menu, un-commanded deboarding begins, GSX menu shows nothing but a spinner.  Pilots' EGGD with default A32N.  Nothing unusual about the passengers. Doesn't seem to do this at any other gate type.

Axis360

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2022, 12:05:22 pm »
I noticed a little bug in GSX when I have to use the stairs every time it counts that to me as a disembarkation, I run the stairs to come to the plane doors, I call fuel and the catering, but he is still disembarking when, precisely, I would like to embark...

And a 2nd chose when it's the stairs how to make when the boarding is finished that the stairs remain sticking to the plane as long as I haven't closed the doors? Because at each end of boarding, they remove the stairs and I find myself with the door open without stairs ...

I use the A320 FENIX otherwise with the gateways no problem works very well may be a small bug on the UI menu

Have a good day,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2022, 12:27:53 pm »
I just had the same problem.  It's exactly as the previous posters describe/quote]

We can't be sure you have the same problem, unless you post your log. In the previous post, it was caused by a missing passenger object that is surely installed by the installer, so it just can't be missing on a complete installer.

Post your log following the instructions in the Sticky thread "How to report an error", made after you see the program appearing to be stuck.

Ankh

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2022, 12:56:32 pm »
Ok, I checked again on Kos, the issue persists. Some more details: I load the flight using the Fenix A320, nothing happens. I then open the GSX menue and select "operate stairs", all ground equipment appears, stairs are connected to the plane and nothing happens. Then I load the simbrief plan and as soon as I click on the GSX Menue icon in the toolbar within MSFS, the window opens with the rotating loading indication and deboarding starts with an estimated number of passengers and GSX remains unresponsive until I end the flight... logs attached.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2022, 12:59:29 pm »
the window opens with the rotating loading indication and deboarding starts with an estimated number of passengers and GSX remains unresponsive until I end the flight... logs attached.

Your log shows debearding started but, after the first passenger , you went back to the Main Menu and exited the sim.

Ankh

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2022, 02:15:44 pm »
Did you read what I wrote? I did NOT start deboarding myself, I did exactly what I wrote above: I opened the GSX menue and in this exact moment deboarding started all on its own.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2022, 03:32:50 pm »
Did you read what I wrote? I did NOT start deboarding myself, I did exactly what I wrote above: I opened the GSX menue and in this exact moment deboarding started all on its own.

I never said you started Deboarding. I said "Deboarding started" and after one passenger, you went to the Main menu and exited the sim, that's what the log says, and I assure you GSX doesn't have the capability to return to the Main menu and exit on its own.

Please clarify exactly the kind of gate you used. You said you called "operate stairs", is this a parking in the open ? Are you using a custom GSX profiles ? Does it have walk-in paths ? 

Ankh

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2022, 04:01:21 pm »
The problem is not what happened AFTER deboarding started, but that deboarding startet without me doing anything. I never said that GSX sent me back to the main menu. This thread is about GSX automatically starting deboarding after stairs are attached, I have no clue why you now talk about GSX sending me back to the main menu...

I used Gate 5A on Kos airport using the addon scenery from Gaya (via ORBX). Yes, I use a walk-in gate, I defined the walk in path myself. As reported earlier, also during the editing process the issue appears: in the moment I close the editor and the GSX GUI appears and I close this one, deboarding automatically starts and the GSX menue is no longer accessible.