Author Topic: Couatl Debug show Error and missing files  (Read 889 times)

Yamba1

• Flying for pleasure
Couatl Debug show Error and missing files
« on: August 23, 2022, 08:35:43 am »
 I use GSX  for several years  on  FSX  and P3D  and never came across problems of installation. However I found the process to install the  GSX Pro for MSFS a little too frustrating. Firstly I encountered the same  problem that many simmers experienced, namely that " the Couatl engine has not started"  I download the AddOn.EXE  file as suggested  but had to run it several times  with and without  Admin privilege to  get some success . The program could just not delete  some files and  got hanged on some others. I also downloaded and replaced the file "bglmanx_fsdt.dat". I also did another updat via the  Universal Updater.   I still  get errors  and missing files as described here after,

Addon LFSB not installed or missing one or more files, skipping.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 97, in loadAddons
  File "<string>", line 49, in importAndCreateInstance
ImportError: No module named LFSB

About  10 lines  further down  I get  this error

GSX SimStart
Error: exception UNRECOGNIZED_ID in call SetDataOnSimObject param #2 '-1359691040'
Error: exception UNRECOGNIZED_ID in call SetDataOnSimObject param #2 '-1359687792'

On the positive side, despite those errors ,  I was able to  get the  program  running on MSFS  after  about 18 hours of  fiddling with it.
Charles

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl Debug show Error and missing files
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 11:01:13 am »
First, we posted a sticky thread for all those that gets the "Couatl not started" error which suggest to use the offline installer, because your files might not be the latest version:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26826.0.html

So, first try this one and don't run the Live Update after it, at least until you node gets fixed.

If that still doesn't work, please follow the instructions here to create a log file:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

Follow the instructions and don't post partial errors which are NOT errors ( if you don't have LFSB, that "error" is normal and is not an error, and neither are the other you posted ), allow me to read the actual file, that's why I asked to ZIP it and Attach it to a post, and leave to me its interepretation.