Author Topic: Restore previous GSX version?  (Read 7327 times)

flaviossa

Re: Restore previous GSX version?
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2022, 12:00:46 am »
Well, unfortunatelly i didn´t come here before the P3D erros started and did the update. GSX dissapeared from my p3d instalation (Dont have GSX for msfs yet). Quick question for the developer: can i wait to a more compreensive solution than "delete this", "download that", "do that", etc? Can we wait for a more final and easy way to correct this? (Just using the update thing)

Thanks.

liamr685

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2022, 12:23:15 am »
Well, unfortunatelly i didn´t come here before the P3D erros started and did the update. GSX dissapeared from my p3d instalation (Dont have GSX for msfs yet). Quick question for the developer: can i wait to a more compreensive solution than "delete this", "download that", "do that", etc? Can we wait for a more final and easy way to correct this? (Just using the update thing)

Thanks.

I think we will get a proper fix, as anyone who purchases this add-on new, will have the issues, and it'll also put people off buying it, if the issue isn't properly fixed.

However, I don't think we're going to get a fix as fast as we hope we would.

marco goncalves

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2022, 12:26:45 am »
I just saw a post from someone who said they just ran the update again and its working now .

I havent tried it myself as i am working at the moment.

marco goncalves

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2022, 12:27:44 am »
I just saw a post from someone who said they just ran the update again and its working now .

I havent tried it myself as i am working at the moment.

Could it be that its fixed ???

Quote from: virtuali on August 23, 2022, 11:35:40 pm
Quote from: skipy33 on August 23, 2022, 06:58:13 pm
The first thing GSX is doing when invoking something is to remove all sim objects near the aircraft. A good thing with MSFS because it removes default trucks and stairs around. But why this code is also running in the P3D version???? It's the reason why SODE jetways near the aircraft are deleted. The GSX configuration is the same for both simulators.

I think you caught that! Yes, we made a change and before we removed only groundvehicles in P3D, in MSFS we remove everything, because there are humans, ai planes, static planes, etc.

I've added back the "only ground vehicles" rule, in FSX/P3D only. Try to get it from Live Update, so we can test if it's working, otherwise I'll place the fix in the offline installer and rebuild it.

The Live Update is supposed to download these two files:

\Addon manager\Couatl\common\__INIT__.PYE
\Addon manager\Couatl\GSX\__INIT__.PYE

I just tried running the live updater and my issues in P3D is now solved and the SODE gate works again  :D

flaviossa

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2022, 12:46:37 am »
Just did the update... still not working. When i click "fly", the coatl.exe process closes, and there is no GSX commands in the menu. Just the Addon manager option. When i click the addon manager, it opens, all my FSDT products are in trial mode, BUT all the serials are there listed.
SODE still works ok. The fingers are working (But thru sode, not gsx)

Dont know what to do now. Ill wait.

Saw this on the events:
Nome do aplicativo com falha: Couatl64_P3D.exe, versão: 4.8.0.4800, carimbo de data/hora: 0x62ff6845
Nome do módulo com falha: Couatl64_P3D.exe, versão: 4.8.0.4800, carimbo de data/hora: 0x62ff6845
Código de exceção: 0xc0000005
Deslocamento da falha: 0x000000000000cd5c
ID do processo com falha: 0xa7c
Hora de início do aplicativo com falha: 0x01d8b741532f1118
Caminho do aplicativo com falha: C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl64\Couatl64_P3D.exe
Caminho do módulo com falha: C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl64\Couatl64_P3D.exe
ID do Relatório: 63d07115-101e-4566-bbde-cb3863634a3f
Nome completo do pacote com falha:
ID do aplicativo relativo ao pacote com falha:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 12:51:19 am by flaviossa »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2022, 12:47:25 am »
I'm sorry but, reverting to an old version is getting pretty complex. I know what's happening and why, but it's not easy to fix.

We'll better try to fix the current version, so we might finally have a new complete full install that works.

flaviossa

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2022, 01:07:23 am »
Thanks. I prefer to wait for the proper correction. Good luck in the process  :)

ArslanTuregun

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2022, 04:49:01 pm »
I'm sorry but, reverting to an old version is getting pretty complex. I know what's happening and why, but it's not easy to fix.

We'll better try to fix the current version, so we might finally have a new complete full install that works.

That would be great. I prefer waiting a bit more instead of installing / unistalling stuff.

Just a tiny request.

When everything is OK, could you announce it on web page and in forum with a sticky?

Cheers,
Arslan

liamr685

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2022, 05:42:03 pm »
Running the live update today has fixed the vanishing jetways / vehicles bug, but for me, i still have

No parking available at some airports (UK2000 EGLL still only has 1 Heavy gate showing in GSX, but when at the gate its 'isolated' and no services available)

No jetway animated at UK2000 EGCC Or FlyTampa OMDB. SODE states no triggerable abjects, GSX shows jetways but doesnt animate them.

Also GSX custom aircraft settings are ignored, such as changing the pushback tug from towbarless to one with towbar, GSX still continues to display and use a towbarless tug.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 06:05:08 pm by liamr685 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2022, 08:31:53 pm »
Please provide a Couatl.LOG with the affected airplane loaded on the affected airport.

dgo86f11

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2022, 05:32:20 pm »

So are we correct in assuming there currently really is no way to revert to the older version of February / March? I also tried the steps you provided to no avail.

I think I can speak for all of us when I say that I appreciate P3D and FSX versions still getting updates and benefitting from MSFS development due to a shared code base!

But could it be possible to give people at least temporarily the option to revert back to a previously working state (for example by providing a standalone installer with the old GSX and AddonManager files)? It could also take the pressure off your development team to iron out the kinks with a select beta-testing team instead of rolling out a mandatory (non-revertable) update that breaks the application for many users.

kmanning

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2022, 02:59:13 am »
So ive tried this roll-back method until i tried reinstalling GSX see attachment (started the installer from the website and .. well self explanatory i think :(

- Let the small installer download all large files first, and THEN disconnect the network after it starts the 2nd step.

Umberto,

I'm confused as to what you mean by letting the small installer download all large files and disconnecting from the network. And how do I know when the 2nd step starts?

Ken.

kmanning

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2022, 04:08:42 am »
So ive tried this roll-back method until i tried reinstalling GSX see attachment (started the installer from the website and .. well self explanatory i think :(

- Let the small installer download all large files first, and THEN disconnect the network after it starts the 2nd step.

Umberto,

I'm confused as to what you mean by letting the small installer download all large files and disconnecting from the network. And how do I know when the 2nd step starts?

Ken.

Well,

Since you're saying that reverting back to the older version won't work, I guess there's no use in explaining things.

Ken.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 04:11:21 am by kmanning »