Author Topic: Restore previous GSX version?  (Read 7328 times)

AGuyNamedSheev

Re: Restore previous GSX version?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2022, 01:26:29 pm »
With "previous versions" I also meant the 2.9.5 from your website. Miscommunication on my end, sorry.

Still, I exactly understood your described steps and followed them precisely like you told me to in your newest answer.

End of the story:
Addon is not working, only Addon Manager is showing up in the Addons tab without Couatl/GSX with all products inactive.
When trying to activate them ---> See attachment.

airbadger

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2022, 01:32:15 pm »
With "previous versions" I also meant the 2.9.5 from your website. Miscommunication on my end, sorry.

Still, I exactly understood your described steps and followed them precisely like you told me to in your newest answer.

End of the story:
Addon is not working, only Addon Manager is showing up in the Addons tab without Couatl/GSX with all products inactive.
When trying to activate them ---> See attachment.

This is the exact same error that's coming up for me after following the instructions.

edit: and yes, my Addon Manager is excluded from Windows AV scanning as it has been for years
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 01:33:57 pm by airbadger »

ltforce

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2022, 03:25:41 pm »
+1 here as well.

Followed the steps from Umberto to rollback and install 2.9.5 from website.

GSX fully installed, registering the product triggers same error as others (confirmed AV is not the issue).

ArslanTuregun

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2022, 03:48:33 pm »
I am not sure if this is right but, when the previous "new version" came out we had this couatl problems. That is why we had to use universal installer.
Now, I am not quite sure but I think, to be able to register couatl, we need to use universal installe which still updates the GSX to the newest version.

Cheers,
Arslan

yurirodin

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2022, 03:57:00 pm »
Installing GSX 2.9.5 without running Live Update does not work. Couatl will not start without the files in Live Update.

gregoryv

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2022, 04:54:28 pm »
You must have skipped something in my instructions, I'll copy them again, with the aforementioned correction. I also add that, you don't have to find out older versions, as I've said, the latest full installer for GSX IS still available on our site, and it's 2.9.5, a version from February.

- Uninstall GSX for P3D and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?". THIS IS IMPORTANT

- After uninstall is complete, REMOVE the Addon Manager folder.

- Download and install the full GSX installer from our site. It's only a small file which just download the rest of the installer, you should not disconnect the network yet.

- After the small installer has completed, it will start the "real" installation of the downloaded files. NOW it's time to disconnect the network.

- Continue the installation and don't run the updater, and see if it works.

Hi Umberto,

Followed your advice and made exactly each step your wrote.
Here a problem I have:

liamr685

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2022, 04:59:38 pm »
You must have skipped something in my instructions, I'll copy them again, with the aforementioned correction. I also add that, you don't have to find out older versions, as I've said, the latest full installer for GSX IS still available on our site, and it's 2.9.5, a version from February.

- Uninstall GSX for P3D and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?". THIS IS IMPORTANT

- After uninstall is complete, REMOVE the Addon Manager folder.

- Download and install the full GSX installer from our site. It's only a small file which just download the rest of the installer, you should not disconnect the network yet.

- After the small installer has completed, it will start the "real" installation of the downloaded files. NOW it's time to disconnect the network.

- Continue the installation and don't run the updater, and see if it works.

This doesn't work. GSX does not show in the SIM following this method.

GSX only shows once the live update has been ran post installation.
(P3Dv4.5)

« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 05:04:52 pm by liamr685 »

Peter Lund

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2022, 05:30:53 pm »
I think the problem is with the Addon Manager.

I tried installing GSX as instructed by disconnecting from the internet after the first installation had finished and prior to the second.
After restarting my computer I was unable to call any GSX services, so I installed the standalone Addon Manager that was linked to in another thread and now I can call the services, but the jetways dissappear.

At no point did I run the Live Updater.

imranrshdkhan

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2022, 06:02:45 pm »
This can be done, the full installer hasn't been updated yet, because I need to know what's really going on with you, since another user here posted he has MSFS and P3D working fine together:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26480.msg175594.html#msg175594

If that doesn't work for you, you can keep the previous version, because the full installer which is still online now, is the latest P3D version, and I think it's better NOT to update it until I fully understand how it's possible that I have GSX working normally in both MSFS and P3D, and so many of you are reporting errors, like SODE disconnect, etc.

You can start with a clean install this way:

- Uninstall GSX for P3D and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?". After uninstall is complete, REMOVE the Addon Manager folder.

- Install the Full GSX installer with the network disconnected

- This should give you a full GSX version for P3D from February. Check it works correctly, before doing anything else.

The user you are saying might have gsx working because he have both p3d and msfs. Your update this time comes together for both sims. Because i noticed there are several msfs files in addon manager. This i think might have ruined p3d for user who only have p3d installed. Same goes to user who only have msfs installed. Why dont you just do seperate update for each sim??? Obviously it is different platform of simulator.

You releasing a new product for msfs and at the same time you ruined p3d. Dont you realize that?? And the amount of support you are giving to msfs is more than what you are giving in p3d since you are a pioneer in this sim for so many years.

BU830

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2022, 06:11:58 pm »
This can be done, the full installer hasn't been updated yet, because I need to know what's really going on with you, since another user here posted he has MSFS and P3D working fine together:

If that doesn't work for you, you can keep the previous version, because the full installer which is still online now, is the latest P3D version, and I think it's better NOT to update it until I fully understand how it's possible that I have GSX working normally in both MSFS and P3D, and so many of you are reporting errors, like SODE disconnect, etc.

- Uninstall GSX for P3D and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?". After uninstall is complete, REMOVE the Addon Manager folder.

- This should give you a full GSX version for P3D from February. Check it works correctly, before doing anything else.

The user you are saying might have gsx working because he have both p3d and msfs. Your update this time comes together for both sims. Because i noticed there are several msfs files in addon manager. This i think might have ruined p3d for user who only have p3d installed.

Not correct, I use both sims and neverthless I got this issues

liamr685

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2022, 06:27:16 pm »
Same here, I have both P3Dv4.5 & msfs installed. But only have GSX level 1 purchased and installed (but not working)

imranrshdkhan

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2022, 06:29:41 pm »

The user you are saying might have gsx working because he have both p3d and msfs. Your update this time comes together for both sims. Because i noticed there are several msfs files in addon manager. This i think might have ruined p3d for user who only have p3d installed.

Not correct, I use both sims and neverthless I got this issues

Thanks for clarifying. This addon has ruined both sims. They just rush on releasing their product without testing it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2022, 11:39:31 pm »
Instead of making comments about "it doesn't work", it would be more useful providing a Couatl.log, which might give me a hint about WHY

marco goncalves

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2022, 11:43:42 pm »
Instead of making comments about "it doesn't work", it would be more useful providing a Couatl.log, which might give me a hint about WHY

Really ? You dont have enough information to go by based on all the posts ? This has been going on ever since you released the update ( Last Thursday ), have you called cloudfare ? You said you woud !!!!

airbadger

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2022, 11:48:09 pm »

here

Python 2.7.16 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (default, Mar  9 2019, 21:32:11) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] wxPython 3.0.2.0
couatl v4.0 (build 4475)
log started on Tue Aug 23 06:28:48 2022

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to SimConnect
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.
connected to bglmanx
View changed to On-Board (ChasePlane)
View changed to Gimbal (ChasePlane)
View changed to Gimbal (ChasePlane)
Simulator version: 5 3 17 28160
Running in mode: Prepar3D v5 (bglmanx setting)
RunningMode::pathToInstalledPackages D:\MSFS Packages
Loading addons
Loading addon common
Added Menu Item "Couatl settings" (id 68)
Addon common loaded
Loading addon LiveUpdate
Added Menu Item "Couatl Live Update" (id 70)
Added Menu SubItem "Disable" (parentId 70, id 71)
Addon LiveUpdate loaded
requesting AddOn list to bglmanx
Failed SHA256