Author Topic: Quick edit pushback is so stupid/outdated  (Read 4365 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Quick edit pushback is so stupid/outdated
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2022, 10:55:12 am »
I have to agree with the OP.  The freeware pushback planners are much easier to use and I was surprised to see how dated GSX is in that regard. 

The freeware pushback might be easier to learn, at first, but as many other said, once you get accustomed to the keys used, GSX is just as fast and easy and, I'd say it's even faster, and you just can't compare two products doing very different things.

Don't you think if it was *possible* to use the mouse in 3D, we wouldn't have used it ? Considering we do use it in P3D, which has a fully-featured camera API that allows, amongst many other things, to convert a mouse click into world coordinates, allowing for a mouse interface in the actual scenery. MSFS is clearly capable of this, because in Dev Mode the scenery editor can use the mouse over the scenery, but this capability is not exposed to 3rd party in the SDK. Many developer have been asking for a Camera API to Asobo, there's no telling if this will ever appear, but we'll surely be the first using it.

TENPATROL

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2023, 07:06:56 pm »
Can you spot obstacles in the scenery ?
Yep via external view without any problems ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2023, 10:43:52 pm »
Yep via external view without any problems

Because acting with the mouse on a 2d window and keeping eye on a 2nd external view at the same time is easier than just using one view ?