Author Topic: Couatl only finds Airport in Official folder not the airports in Community  (Read 2931 times)

c912039

Hi,

This did not work for me. I downloaded and replaced original EXE. I checked %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali directory and it was empty already.
It did not pick up any BGLs in my community folder

D:\SIM\MSFS\Community

I am using MSStore version, and I use Addon Linker, which means that all of my scenery folders are actually symlink/junctions to other folders and drives on my PC.
MSFS correctly reads all of the addon scenery via the links created in the Community folder, so I know that the links work and the scenery BGLs are valid.

Regards
David

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
You should have posted your log, after removing the %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali folder again. Instruction how to create a log in the Sticky thread of this section.

c912039

Logfile attached

fearlessfrog

c912039 - do check you overwrote the exe in the right location, as my log shows

couatl v4.8 (build 4811)

..while yours is

couatl v4.8 (build 4801)

For me I overwrote the file in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl64' directory.

nomad71

This worked like a charm for me.  I was having the default jetway message in every 3rd party airport.

Thanks Umberto!

c912039

Hi,

Double checked and original version was still in place, it seems Security got in the way and decided not to replace/override (possibly because I downloaded on  another PC and stored this version on my file server.

Anyway I have forced a replacement, checked the version number of the exe  via properties to confirm I now have 4811.
I deleted the log file, and the cache directory, and restarted Couatl for GSX from the desktop icon.

Log file is now 350k in size and lists all of my scenery found in Community, so it has worked.

Many thanks

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
  Umberto,  4811 is working so far for me as well. I'll let you know if anything further comes up. Cheers!

And a huge thank you to the team!

AUA9085

• My Youtube Profile :)
+1 works fine with all non Marketplace Scenery :)
Thanks Umberto!

ralfy124

+2 that worked for me too :-)

zannu

seems working for me too but now every time that i call the GSX icon he tell me that the coutle engine is not running so i need to launch manually and made a restart gracefully option.
some airport in community he read but for the example the LIRN by RD Preset no.
thanks