Author Topic: Couatl only finds Airport in Official folder not the airports in Community  (Read 2930 times)

ralfy124

After logging enabled I realized that Couatl only finds the airports in the Official folder (which are the default ones) not the 3rd party airports in the Community folder. Any help?

Log attached

Regards
Ralf

SK10

Seeing exactly the same, only stock airports are loaded. If I like to use a airport modification, its only possible after placing the BGL of that airport into the GSX/MSFS folder.

zannu

The same for me.
Example i have digitalò design Lyon LFLL but GSX read the afcad (bgl) of the stock one the the official folder and not the digital design one.
Another strange problem persist, on this custom airport i don't deactivate the BGL of the jetway and in the map view inside MS2020 i can see all 2 afcd take in count (double white point of parking is present). When i disable the jetway bgl i see only 1 parking correctly. It seems something is wrong...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 12:44:42 pm by zannu »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Can you post a screenshot of the content of this folder ?

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages

@ralfy124

in your case, you should post a screen with the content of this:

F:\FSX

zannu

this is mine.

SK10

Here are mine...

c912039

I have exactly the same problem.

I have MSStore Premium Deluxe version of MSFS, and it is not installed in the default location.
I selected to install MSFS in D:\SIM\MSFS

GSX Pro with logging turned on, logs that its reading all the default airport directories from
D:\SIM\MSFS\Official\OneStore\.....
but never logs any of the sceneries I have installed in Community, which is located at D:\SIM\MSFS\Community

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages
shows 2 directories (on C Drive)
Community
Official

but if I use explorer to go into those, both are empty.

D:\SIM\MSFS has directories
Community
Official
and both of those have lots of sim packages in them.

Customizing any airport locations in GSX Pro for Community installed sceneries shows that GSX Pro is reading the airport data from the default official scenery path, and not the airport BGL files in Community

Regards
David

« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 01:32:35 pm by c912039 »

zannu

This is exactly my situation fs2020 installed in no default path and comunity is empty.
What is strange is inside the installer the path is seems correct.

ralfy124

Can you post a screenshot of the content of this folder ?

@ralfy124

in your case, you should post a screen with the content of this:

F:\FSX

pic attached

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Is it possible your Community folder name includes extra spaces, at the end perhaps ? If not, I would like a screenshot of what's *inside* of it.

zannu

inside this comunity folder mine is empty  ;D
attache the line of LIRF by MKStudios gsx take the default one and not the scenery on on the community folder.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 07:29:42 pm by zannu »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
 Same issue here for me. Community folder located in K:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community
 Screenshot from the first part of the folder, I have over 330 addons inside the community.

fearlessfrog

I think I see this as well, and would explain why when I use a downloaded shared profile I need to edit it to point it at a path in the Official/OneStore when I have the airport stored correctly in my Community folder.

I do use MS Add On Linker - could it be the fact that the airport scenery (e.g. c:/MSFS/Community/fsimstudios-airport-cyvr-vancouver) is using NTFS Junctions? I might try moving one and experiment, but just an idea of what it might be? Is anyone else using links/junctions for this?

The FSDT Installer lists my install location correctly as C:/MSFS/Community

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
We have a new version of the Couatl engine to test:

http://update.virtualisoftware.com/couatl64_MSFS.exe

- First remove the airport cache folder:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali

- Then place the new .EXE in the \Addon Manager\Couatl64 folder, and start it from its desktop icon. It will regenerate the cache on its first run, and hopefully will find files in the Community folder.

fearlessfrog

That exe worked for me. I now see

afcad_path = \\?\C:\MSFS\Community\fsimstudios-airport-cyvr-vancouver\scenery\global\scenery\objects.bgl

..which is correct.

Thank you for the quick fix. Will this get rolled into an update soon?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 02:37:23 am by fearlessfrog »