Author Topic: GSX not working - Couatl scripting engine not started  (Read 3125 times)

swaor

GSX not working - Couatl scripting engine not started
« on: August 20, 2022, 07:24:58 pm »
So, seems like my entertainment trying to fix FSDT addons finally continues in MSFS now.
I installed GSX Pro via the FSDT installer. When trying to launch it from the MSFS top toolbar a message shows up telling me that Couatl scripting engine is not started.
Already tried launching "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS" as administrator as other threads suggested, still to no avail. Do I have to put it in some sort of MSFS exe.xml or something manually?
Any help appreciated!

Edit solved:
(for the moment) You're not able to have GSX installed in both P3D and MSFS at the same time. See solution:

Okay, uninstalling all my FSDT programs and FSDT Installer and deleting the Addon Manager folder as well as the %appdata% Virtuali folder, then a fresh install of ONLY! GSX Pro for MSFS got it working.

Apparently you're not able to have GSX installed in both P3D and MSFS at the same time which is a bummer.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 10:28:31 pm by swaor »

gregc320

Re: GSX not working - Couatl scripting engine not started
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 08:02:56 pm »
Not to be one of those guys, but there's literally a 6 page thread 2 threads below this...
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26480.0.html

But other than that - have you got GSX for P3D installed? I had that error.. I had to uninstall everything including deleting the addon folder and virtuali folder in appdata and perform a clean install from the FSDT installer - worked then.

Papagiorgio

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 08:14:00 pm »
Problem solved.

There is another long thread about this problem on this forum.  I solved my issue with this by uninstalling all FSdreamteam products, and Virtuali on BOTH, P3rd and MSFS. then reinstalling on MSFS ONLY.  That got it working.

Papagiorgio

jspringe

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 08:17:08 pm »
Agree...  I tried multiple things including uninstall/redownload/reinstall, and also waiting and doing the same the next day.

The only thing that worked was uninstalling all FSDT products using the FSDT (Universal) Installer and deleting the existing Addon Manager folder.

After that, following the regular GSX install process worked fine.

-J

swaor

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 08:46:49 pm »
So having GSX installed for P3D and MSFS at the same time is not an option here?
I'll try to get rid of all FSDT Virtuali stuff from my machine and clean install GSX Pro only then.

Fiorentoni

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 08:57:45 pm »
So having GSX installed for P3D and MSFS at the same time is not an option here?
I'll try to get rid of all FSDT Virtuali stuff from my machine and clean install GSX Pro only then.

At the moment not, but that's a bug because it was planned to coexist from what I gathered.

swaor

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2022, 10:20:26 pm »
Okay, uninstalling all my FSDT programs and FSDT Installer and deleting the Addon Manager folder as well as the %appdata% Virtuali folder, then a fresh install of ONLY! GSX Pro for MSFS got it working.

Apparently you're not able to have GSX installed in both P3D and MSFS at the same time which is a bummer.

Thanks for the help guys!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2022, 11:54:36 pm »
The plan is to have working together. I think this might be a problem of the latest P3D installer, that's why we are rebuilding it. However, if you install MSFS version *after* the P3D version, every possible conflict or outdated file should be overwritten.

daschla

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2022, 12:15:37 am »
The plan is to have working together. I think this might be a problem of the latest P3D installer, that's why we are rebuilding it. However, if you install MSFS version *after* the P3D version, every possible conflict or outdated file should be overwritten.

This sounds strange to me because most users - like myself - use GSX in P3D for years and GSX Pro has been installed yesterday or today and therefore for sure *after* the P3D version. Nevertheless, it doesn't work when both versions are installed for many people. In my case, I had the feeling that the Live Updater has copied some old files e.g. from FSDT Airports over the new files from GSX Pro but I am not sure if this is part of the problem.

Kind regards,
Daniel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2022, 12:22:51 am »
I think server problems we had on release might have played a factor.

I obviously need to have all versions installed for testing, and they work just fine so, more than a conflict per-se, it's more like the Live Update (because of server slow sync issues), not being able to completely overwrite files which were previously P3D-only, with new ones that are supposed to be cross-platform, so you were stuck with one or more P3D-only files which failed to be updated, which would cause all sort of issues in MSFS.

Instead, starting from scratch, you can't possibly run in the issue of P3D files still there and not being overwritten as they should, so it will always work. But I'm fairly sure this will be fixed shortly, both because servers are finally catching up, but also because we'll release a new P3D full installer that shouldn't be reliant on a subsequent online update to fix everything, because it would already *contain* all cross-platform files.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 12:26:31 am by virtuali »

kitty.hawk

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2022, 12:30:11 am »
I have the same problem but there is MSFS2020 installiert only.
Because I do not understand a lot of computer this is a severe problem for me.

trisho0

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2022, 12:34:40 am »
I didn't have to uninstall GSX Pro and GSX 32-64Bit. All I did was to remove the Couatl and Couatl64 folders from FSDT Addon Manager. Then ran the FSTD Live Update. MFS worked. FSX and P3D worked after switching airports, otherwise jetway disappears with side effect like SODE error. Definitely, there is some code or instructions need to be edited to let FSX and P3D working as before the GSX Pro. I am sure Umberto with his Team are working with GSX and eventually GSX will be free of bugs.

Patricio Valdes

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2022, 12:43:27 am »
I have the same problem but there is MSFS2020 installiert only.

That means YOUR problem doesn't have anything to do with P3D, and it's an entirely different issue. I was replying to those that said they fixed THEIR problem by installing just the MSFS version, when they had issues before when using both versions together. My explanation covered only THAT case.