Author Topic: Can't customize aircraft  (Read 11874 times)

jiequinn

Re: Can't customize aircraft
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2022, 03:20:13 pm »
Umberto does that mean we will never be able to make our own customisations or save them?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2022, 03:26:56 pm »
Umberto does that mean we will never be able to make our own customisations or save them?

I don't see where I ever said that. SOME airplanes, like the PMDG, needs first a basic internal setup, and then can be customized further.

I use the GSX editor to do all configurations you see as "internal", before they go into the GSX database, they start as normal user configurations, made using the editor, as anybody else would do. I hope someone doesn't seriously think I'd manually put all numbers there!

jiequinn

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2022, 03:29:46 pm »
No I totally get that but what I'm saying is the configuration that comes with the PMDG in your latest update when I try to change the height of the stairs and the catering it doesn't save it it reverts back to default each time... that's what I was meaning sorry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2022, 03:39:04 pm »
No I totally get that but what I'm saying is the configuration that comes with the PMDG in your latest update when I try to change the height of the stairs and the catering it doesn't save it it reverts back to default each time... that's what I was meaning sorry

Well, first you shouldn't have to change it to begin with, because they are already correct in the internal configuration, unless I missed something so, in that case, please report it.

However, it's possible you might be mislead by the change in altitude due to the different height of the airplane when it's normally loaded to when it's edited ? When you edit the airplane, the editor place it in freeze mode so it will sit on its static_cg. This is made to be sure the edition is in a known state that is not affected by the airplane ever changing height due to a change in payload.

What might seem confusing, is that heights *DISPLAYED* in the editor, are based on as distances from Ground, because that's a figure everybody can relate to but, their DISPLAY is only valid during editing, because at the time the airplane is staying on its static CG.

However, GSX STORES the distance in the GSX.CFG file as RELATIVE to the airplane own center of mass (more precisely, the 0,0,0 in its visual model), and that's precisely to prevent having .CFG that would only work if the plane weight in normal use was exactly the same as while editing so, you might think your settings haven't changed, but that might only be a result of that difference, however the change would work in normal use, because is not stored as an absolute value, but as a relative offset from the airplane center, the altitude above ground of points is only a *display* conversion.

This, unless you see completely different issues, like the .CFG not being saved at all, or some error writing to it because of permission problems, etc.

Brisi

« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2022, 03:41:50 pm »
I too will now delete GSX. Test and try for 4 days and it doesn't work.
There are 2 major simulator software vendors for full flight simulators and GSX has no idea that Prosim works in MSFS. That's really a pity. So I will ask for my money back.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2022, 03:52:54 pm »
I too will now delete GSX. Test and try for 4 days and it doesn't work.

GSX obviously works, you are saying it "doesn't work", only because it doesn't support a VERY particular product that uses lots of custom systems.

There are 2 major simulator software vendors for full flight simulators and GSX has no idea that Prosim works in MSFS. That's really a pity. So I will ask for my money back.

Please clarify who these 2 vendors, we are discussing ProSim right now, and from the little information I can see on their website, is not even clear if MSFS 2020 even officially supported, I can see on their forum users are basically experimenting and are all waiting for SU10 and multi-monitor to be out, before it can be taken seriously for cockpit builders.

I do see they have a Trial, it seem they'll take 3 working days to check for a Trial application, so I'll send mine next week, and see how it works.

fcmusician

« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2022, 03:57:21 pm »
Still frustrating. Been trying to edit the PMDG DC6B for days and make it stick to my edits. I have the #4 door now saving ok. No idea how I managed that all of a sudden. Now my problem is Cargo doors don't save. They both open at the same time with the same door command. I use the rear cargo door for loading Door 2. get out of the editor and do a boarding. They do they're job perfectly the first time. Belt loader is set just right. Crew and People load in with the outside stairs. Beautiful sight just sitting there watching. Next time I try boarding. The stairs show up nice the crew and people load but the cargo crew is nowhere in sight. I have to go in and reedit the cargo door once again. Then get out of that and once again everything is working fine. Over and over again I have to do that.
Frank B^)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2022, 03:58:32 pm »
I'll look into adding an internal config with the DC-6 as well. As I've said, every single one of the "perfect" internal configurations included, are all been made using the same editor everybody has now.

Brisi

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2022, 04:06:14 pm »
As I said Prosim 737 works very well in MSFS with all hardware Opencockpits CP Flight etc.
Take a look at the forum...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2022, 04:14:04 pm »
As I said Prosim 737 works very well in MSFS with all hardware Opencockpits CP Flight etc.Take a look at the forum...

I really don't know how's relevant here or has anything to do with your expectations GSX would work out the box with such a particular product. They are not standard MSFS airplanes for sure, and will surely require some custom work to support them.

Isn't having completely custom and out-of-the-sim simulation their major point of differentiation ? Then you, as their customer, must be aware they might not work with other utilities like GSX, which assume the running simulation would be the default one, so we can get data from the airplane in a standard way.

blau99

« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2022, 04:26:33 pm »
Let´s reroll the initial problem we´re all facing here. When I try to edit any aircraft in the 3D editor or just by numbers in the airplane editor and save those values and then when I try to summon the stairs for example those values are being resetted back to the default setting.
This can´t be right. I don´t care if there´s an internal configuration for let´s say the PMDG 737-800.
I would like to have my own config as I was able to do back in P3D.

Here are some screenshots
1. From before configuring the height of the door (Value: 2.75)
2. After configuring (Value: 2.65)
3. After summon stairs fot testing (Value: back to default 2.75)

Brisi

« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2022, 04:28:26 pm »
In its product description, the FSDreamteam promises that their program should work with all aircraft – including newer addon aircraft such as the Fenix ​​​​A320, the PMDG 737 or Leonardo's Maddog. However, users can also create their own profile and define docking points etc. themselves - this also applies to gates and ramps at airports.
Can you keep the promise?
If so, please tell me how, if not, send me my money back.

robvanderwiele

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2022, 04:29:30 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I do see they have a Trial, it seem they'll take 3 working days to check for a Trial application, so I'll send mine next week, and see how it works.

Please do, they have their own ProSim B737-800 flight model and external model just like in P3D and there it was working great. I hope you can add this one to your db. If I can be of any assistance please let me know.

Thanks,
Rob

jiequinn

« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2022, 04:32:08 pm »

Well, first you shouldn't have to change it to begin with, because they are already correct in the internal configuration, unless I missed something so, in that case, please report it.

However, it's possible you might be mislead by the change in altitude due to the different height of the airplane when it's normally loaded to when it's edited ? When you edit the airplane, the editor place it in freeze mode so it will sit on its static_cg. This is made to be sure the edition is in a known state that is not affected by the airplane ever changing height due to a change in payload.

What might seem confusing, is that heights *DISPLAYED* in the editor, are based on as distances from Ground, because that's a figure everybody can relate to but, their DISPLAY is only valid during editing, because at the time the airplane is staying on its static CG.

However, GSX STORES the distance in the GSX.CFG file as RELATIVE to the airplane own center of mass (more precisely, the 0,0,0 in its visual model), and that's precisely to prevent having .CFG that would only work if the plane weight in normal use was exactly the same as while editing so, you might think your settings haven't changed, but that might only be a result of that difference, however the change would work in normal use, because is not stored as an absolute value, but as a relative offset from the airplane center, the altitude above ground of points is only a *display* conversion.

This, unless you see completely different issues, like the .CFG not being saved at all, or some error writing to it because of permission problems, etc.

Thanks for confirming in that case is it possible you could amend the default PMDG 737-800 profile and update it. Like I said it won't let me or anyone else save our desired configuration it automatically goes back to default each time. I have lowered door 1L to 2.60 which alligns perfectly and door 2L changed lowered to 3.20.

I have tried to attach images but it would appear they are too large :(

Thanks in advance :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2022, 04:43:09 pm »
In its product description, the FSDreamteam promises that their program should work with all aircraft – including newer addon aircraft such as the Fenix ​​​​A320, the PMDG 737 or Leonardo's Maddog. However, users can also create their own profile and define docking points etc. themselves - this also applies to gates and ramps at airports. Can you keep the promise? If so, please tell me how, if not, send me my money back.

Why you keep insisting about it ? You are using a completely custom simulator (ProSim), which is NOT a standard airplane so "just" moving doors around with the editor might not be enough to make it work with GSX, how do you suppose we'd be able to get any *meaningful* data from it, if it's not using the standard simulation ?

So yes, GSX obviously works with all aircraft, provided they are using the default simulation, from flight model, to fuel systems, etc.

GSX CANNOT refill the Fuel Tanks of the Fenix. Is this a problem ? Fenix users EXPECTS that, considering how the airplane works, and nobody is "blaming" GSX for that.