Author Topic: GSX Pro Saying Relink  (Read 3277 times)

Luxuryceo

GSX Pro Saying Relink
« on: August 19, 2022, 06:39:12 pm »
hello all

my GSX Pro keeps saying Relink  ive updated it god know how many times  and ive reinstalled it 3 times

still same message can anyone help  even if i press the Relink Button it starts to Update again  never ending circle  been at this all day

regards

Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Pro Saying Relink
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 06:46:18 pm »
A failure to relink might indicate some kind of permission problem in the Community folder, but also an incomplete original install. You can log the installer in two ways:

- By opening a command prompt, going to the Addon Manager folder, and type:

COUATL_UPDATER2.EXE /INSTALL /LOG

- By adding the /LOG parameter to its shortcut on the Desktop. You should already have /SILENT and /INSTALLMODE there, so just add /LOG

Run it as before, and at the end you'll have a log.txt file in the same folder. It will be large so, please, ZIP it and Attach it to a post.

Luxuryceo

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 12:46:19 am »
log file as requested

michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 01:48:05 am »
It doesn't show any issue, just a normal update of all products. When, exactly, you see the relink appearing ? Before or after the update ?

Check the Community folder: do you have links for both gsx packages.

Luxuryceo

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 01:04:02 pm »
It doesn't show any issue, just a normal update of all products. When, exactly, you see the relink appearing ? Before or after the update ?

Check the Community folder: do you have links for both gsx packages.

Before   after i install the software   but even when i update it the relink is still there

and nope the links arnt in the community folder  but like i said ive reinstalled it  atleast 3-4 times  and when i click on the Relink Button it asks to update it again
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 01:10:52 pm by Luxuryceo »

Luxuryceo

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2022, 02:29:54 pm »
still need help with this

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2022, 05:12:47 pm »
The log you sent looked like a log made by just running the update and nothing else. Just running the update won't automatically relink anything, a link is made only when you install something, or when you manually click relink to relink something you unliked earlier.

If your issue is that you click on relink and nothing happens, it's possible there might have been an error, like a permission error in the community folder, which prevented the link to be created, but you must be sure this is included in the log, otherwise I can't say what's wrong.

So you just need to log again, but this time click Relink and THEN exit, so any error might show up in the log.

flotograf

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2022, 08:05:30 pm »
I'm pretty sure it's because your flightsim is installed on a harddrive with an ExFAT or FAT32 partition (you can check it by right clicking the hard drive in your explorer and select properties). GSX needs a NTFS partitioned harddrive to create the linked folders into your community folder - otherwise it will not work. I had the same issues for days and today, I backuped my whole FlightSim Harddrive (nearly 800GB), formatted my harddrive to NTFS and copied all the stuff back to the original place (luckely all my Flightsim Stuff was on a serperate harddrive). Make sure that the Volume name and letter is the same after the procedure!
It solved my problem and now everything works fine!

Florian

thelaststand

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2022, 08:37:21 pm »
I have the exact same problem. Pressing relink does nothing for me. What do you mean permissions rights? My community folder lies on an external drive.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2022, 12:54:59 am »
My community folder lies on an external drive

AH!! That's the problem. The drive is probably shipping with formatted as exFat, so it can be used as if with PC, Mac and Linux. However, if you want to use the full Windows features, it would probably be best to reformat it in NTFS, because Symbolic links are not supported on exFat.

Luxuryceo

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2022, 01:15:06 pm »

AH!! That's the problem. The drive is probably shipping with formatted as exFat, so it can be used as if with PC, Mac and Linux. However, if you want to use the full Windows features, it would probably be best to reformat it in NTFS, because Symbolic links are not supported on exFat.

honnestly i didnt think that would be an issue but yea ive just checked my drives and my main drive is NTFS and my External is exFAT  ( That the one with the Community on it )   can i have my community folder on the NTFS main drive and the MSFS on my External  trying to save space on my NTFS for win10 updates plus all my steam games are on the external.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 02:31:58 pm by Luxuryceo »

Luxuryceo

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2022, 11:13:37 am »

i can safely say that that has worked wonderfully GSX is now installed with no Relink now ( see Attached )  had to Uninstall MSFS from my External Harddrive and install it on my Main Drive along with the community Folder etc  have to thank flotograf for his input aswell  thanks :)

you can safely Set This as :: Solved ::  Umberto