Author Topic: Renaming parking positions  (Read 819 times)

Wimma

Renaming parking positions
« on: August 19, 2022, 05:09:33 pm »
Hello,

is there a way to rename parking positions?

I am trying to do a config for DigitalDesigns LOWS. I have the store version which means the file is encrypted  :-\ :-X ... Unfortunately the parking spots are labled "Parking 1-22" whereas the real parking stand are called W1-W7 and E1-E8. The fact that not even the number of the parking spots matches with the W and E numbers makes it a pain in the bu.. to create the profile and also to select the right parking position when taxiing in. Weirdly enough the gates are numbered correctly on the world map when selecting the spawn point so I assume this has to be an issue with how GSX reads something rather than a scenery issue. I tried renaming it in the config (C:\Users\Wimma\AppData\Roaming\virtuali\GSX\MSFS) but that doesn't seem to work unfortunately.. It just resets the changes I made and does not affect the name of the Parking position within the game.

Help is appreciated. Cheers!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Renaming parking positions
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 05:27:03 pm »
It is in fact possible, but unfortunately there's no UI for it, so only we can do it, with programming. We have been considering adding this feature for users.

Wimma

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 06:13:35 pm »
Ok. Thank you for your quick reply, Umberto!

Adding this feature would indeed be a very welcome addition as, in the current state, preselecting your parking position on airports with this issue is basically impossible and useless. Getting the position correct is a wild guess… also making configs is a little bit of a faff.

Looking forward to an update to enable this feature.

Also, at least for me, there is no need fo an UI. I would also be fine changing it in some config if that‘s a faster fix :)

airbadger

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 07:52:43 pm »
I'd like to second this request to be able to rename parking positions. I've already run into an airport (Digital Design's LFLL) that shares the same "Parking 61" name for three separate gates, C61/B61/D61 so it makes selecting the right one extremely difficult.

olliejstacey

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2022, 08:19:35 pm »
I would like this, too. There're a LOT of sceneries with incorrect naming. Even if it isn't in the UI, but somewhere we can access through the ini file, etc., that would be fine as a quicker solution. Because right now GSX is completely unusable with many 3rd party add-ons due to naming problems. I appreciate that isn't necessarily the fault of FSDT, but in order for GSX to work with any airport, this is an essential feature.