Author Topic: CTDs  (Read 17619 times)

Navigator40

Re: CTDs
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2022, 10:26:55 pm »
CTD=MSFS servers well that’s a game changer Umberto for sure.
Angus Rowlands i7 9700k, GTX 1080ti

JEP795

« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2022, 11:00:47 pm »
Hi Umberto,

First time today experiencing an issue with MSFS in a long time after an install of GSX. I didn't CTD, but COAUTL essentially crashed when I was loading my charts in the Navigraph in-game panel. My sim froze and became unresponsive, but it did not CTD. I could not exit it and had to close the application via task manager. Here are my specs and what I was using at the time along with my .err file:

R7 5800x
RTX 3080TI
64GB Ram @ 3600MHZ
1 TB SSD
Nvdia Driver: 516.94
Windows 11 21H2
Windows OS Build 22000.856
Running Sim Update 9
Drzewiecki Design MDW
FSUIPC 7.3.7
PACX
Navigraph In Game Panel
Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo
Thrustmaster Airbus Side Stick
Thrustmaster T Flight Rudder Pedals
PMDG 737-700

Description
Faulting Application Path:   C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl64\Couatl64_MSFS.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
Application Name:   Couatl64_MSFS.exe
Application Version:   4.8.0.4801
Application Timestamp:   62ff6870
Fault Module Name:   Couatl64_MSFS.exe
Fault Module Version:   4.8.0.4801
Fault Module Timestamp:   62ff6870
Exception Code:   c0000005
Exception Offset:   000000000019adf8
OS Version:   10.0.22000.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:   1033
Additional Information 1:   9f2f
Additional Information 2:   9f2f74b570935a1285a45de585f01fd5
Additional Information 3:   ffdd
Additional Information 4:   ffdd49f9f9f19d2e7a692374de1e85ca

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:   01696e89afa5156bc5624467875996e0 (1540869233957246688)

« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 11:02:45 pm by JEP795 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2022, 11:15:27 pm »
I didn't CTD, but COAUTL essentially crashed when I was loading my charts in the Navigraph in-game panel.

Well, at least that tells us Couatl really can't crash the sim, even when it goes into panic.

This is of course worth investigating, possibly in another thread, because this discusses CTDs of the simulator, which were initially suspected to be caused by GSX, but now it seems they aren't.

JEP795

« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2022, 11:22:52 pm »
I didn't CTD, but COAUTL essentially crashed when I was loading my charts in the Navigraph in-game panel.

Well, at least that tells us Couatl really can't crash the sim, even when it goes into panic.

Correct, it didn’t crash to desktop, but it did render the simulator unresponsive and unrecoverable. Feel free to split it Into a new thread as needed. Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2022, 11:31:20 pm »
Correct, it didn’t crash to desktop, but it did render the simulator unresponsive and unrecoverable.

Sorry, I understood the sim was unresponsive for a brief moment until you terminated Couatl, but then recovered. That was strange, and that's why I initially said it would be worth investigating, now I fully understood what really happen, then no, what you saw wasn't Couatl making the sim unresponsive, it was the sim that crashed for all the reasons that has been discussed in this thread, that seem to have found an agreement the sim IS unstable these days because of server issues over Microsoft.

Because of this, Couatl crashed, the same made it crash, not vice-versa.

The common pattern that seems to emerge is, it's a problem of the MSFS servers, because it seems that almost everybody who had continues CTDs these days, fixed them immediately by switching off the online services in MSFS. And keeping GSX, of course.

Phil7789

« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2022, 12:53:37 am »
It is ''the most of us thought'' I have a problem with. You have to be sure, and to be sure you need to know - and test - what goes wrong. On assumption judging something is unfair and harmful (in this case for Umberto) The other issues you mention I agree, you can point it out, but the backlash from a clip like Emanuel did was not in proportion to the issues. Some reaction were that it is a scam etc. That goes way beyond what is reasonable and is not reflecting reality.

facts not assumptions. But let's get back to topic. I think we have a great community and solutions will be found

Well the others sticked to the argument that it cannot be GSX which was also a statement nobody could be sure of as there was no evidence for it. Now we can be more sure that it is probably only connected to Asobo, but we cannot be sure about that either because first they have to sort out their problems for us to be able to test GSX again.

It looks like many viewers didn't watch both of Emanuels videos or in its entirety as he mentioned he only uninstalled it because of the crashes. Still it's a valid assumption as the crashes started with the release of GSX for the users. Usually this points to a problem with an addon if before there were no problems. It's super unlucky timing for Umberto and I too feel sorry for that but I cannot really blame anyone as this was the only "evidence" we had at that time. As there is no logging in MSFS you cannot have 100% solid proof if it was A or B. Some of the backlash was also linked to the flaws present, but Emanuel himself said that those were minor and not a big problem. It's on the viewers if they overinterpret, this is also unfair in Emanuels direction. Some did tests and they didn't have crashes after uninstalling GSX. Also pure luck as they still were present, but this strengthened the assumption it had to be linked to GSX in some way.

So overall it was just a horrible coincidence and all of us who read the different topics about it (or watched Emanuels corrected video) know that there's something else going on by now.

raffzeit

« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2022, 08:09:43 am »
I had very rare CTDs before using GSX. I bought it on Friday and had a series of CTDs. I unlinked GSX from my community folder and had no more CTDs. On Sunday I wanted to give it another try and relinked it to my community folder. Guess what: I had CTDs  :(
It's for sure there are CTDs caused by the sim itself, but at least on my side there is a tendency, that GSX is involved as well.

FerrevmVnion

« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2022, 08:18:38 am »
I had very rare CTDs before using GSX. I bought it on Friday and had a series of CTDs. I unlinked GSX from my community folder and had no more CTDs. On Sunday I wanted to give it another try and relinked it to my community folder. Guess what: I had CTDs  :(
It's for sure there are CTDs caused by the sim itself, but at least on my side there is a tendency, that GSX is involved as well.

I agree.... when GSX installed.... instant and quick CTD mid-air ; without GSX no CTD .... its related to gsx in a way ....

EDIT:

I tried deactivating latinvfr AREX Airport Regional Environment X Global & ambitious pushback toolbar ..... no ctd during the test flight which ctd each time before.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 11:26:01 am by FerrevmVnion »

Thorsten42

« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2022, 11:30:08 am »
Hi,

same observation for me. It has def not todo with online/offline or server state. This morning I tried three times a flight VHHX-RJTT with GSX linked but even not in use. Three times CTDs after a few minutes in flight. Unlinkend GSX by removing the links out of the comm folder cause Installer even did not unlink and doing the same flight without problems now. I know Umberto you said already quite a few times that this is highly unrealistic but there seems to be a link between GSX and the CTDs. I'm on SU10 Beta btw. Otherwise I'm CTD free. Sadly there were at least no outputs in the event log on my side this morning. But thats nothing new either with CTDs of MSFS.

Cheers
T.

Freccia

« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2022, 02:01:43 pm »
Here's what the MSFS Forum Community Manager wrote:

Summarizing all the data I’ve collected from this thread so far:

This specific CTD is only affecting PC players (both MS Store and Steam). Xbox and Xbox Cloud Gaming players are NOT impacted.
Only some, not all, PC players are getting this CTD.
This specific CTD starting occurring on or about Friday, August 19.
It is affecting players with both Nvidia and AMD GPUs. Driver version does not seem to matter.
Sta interessando i giocatori sia sulla build live SU9 che sulla build beta SU10.
Sta interessando i giocatori sia su Windows 10 che su Windows 11.

It is likely (unconfirmed) related to online services such as Live Weather, Live Traffic, and Azure terrain caching.

Ultimately it would seem that the problem concerns only the European servers.

FerrevmVnion

« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2022, 04:30:26 pm »
So,

as i wrote above i deactivated latinvfr AREX Airport Regional Environment X Global & ambitious pushback toolbar.
For now, im on my 5th leg without restarting msfs (so also no ctd).

I would say: The CTD are related to GSX, but the problem is that only one Ground Handling Addon (or related to airport vehicles etc) should be active within msfs. So GSX is running fine for now.

FerrevmVnion

« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2022, 04:30:59 pm »
So,

as i wrote above i deactivated latinvfr AREX Airport Regional Environment X Global & ambitious pushback toolbar.
For now, im on my 5th leg without restarting msfs (so also no ctd ; ... just to be sure you understand ;).

I would say: The CTD are related to GSX, but the problem is that only one Ground Handling Addon (or related to airport vehicles etc) should be active within msfs. So GSX is running fine for now.

JetNoise

« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2022, 04:58:46 pm »
So,

For now, im on my 5th leg without restarting msfs (so also no ctd).

Strangely enough i had several flights WITHOUT any issues (no CTDs). Today i added LVFR AREX Europe and got my first CTD inflight. Sim simply quit, no messages ...

Oliver

hanson

« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2022, 06:52:39 pm »
Hi everyone,

I purchased GSX Pro last Friday and since I installed it I have been experiencing random CTD. Yesterday I uninstalled it and everything works fine again, without any CTD. I think is quite clear where the CTD are coming from. I hope a coming update to fix it.

I'm using SU10 beta.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2022, 07:02:58 pm »
I purchased GSX Pro last Friday and since I installed it I have been experiencing random CTD. Yesterday I uninstalled it and everything works fine again, without any CTD. I think is quite clear where the CTD are coming from. I hope a coming update to fix it.

I would suggest reading this whole thread again, from the start. It has been confirmed by multiple source, GSX doesn't have anything to with this, because far too many people that don't have and never had GSX installed ( not here, of course, on Microsoft forums ), started to have CTD with an abnormal frequency.

The thread on Microsoft how has more than 1000 posts and MOST of the users there not only DO NOT HAVE GSX, there are many without ANY add-ons!

If you don't believe me, have a look at this from Microsoft Community manager:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/constant-ctd-every-flight-now-ntdll-dll/537543/618

Let's put together what Microsoft says:

This specific CTD starting occurring on or about Friday, August 19.

And what YOU wrote:

I purchased GSX Pro last Friday and since I installed it I have been experiencing random CTD.

So, it's abundantly clear by now, that GSX doesn't have anything to do with this, it just was an incredibly unfortunate coincidence it started to happen on GSX release day