Author Topic: CTDs  (Read 17558 times)

Fiorentoni

Re: CTDs
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2022, 02:54:56 pm »
To confirm - has anyone with CTDs tried these three things and it still happens?
[…]

2. Delete your content.xml and let it rebuild. Try this as second and see if it helps.

[…]

Where is that file located?

Sim from MS Store:
%localAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Sim from Steam:
%appData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator

You can let it rebuild by just starting MSFS afterwards. It's only the load order of addons, nothing substantial gets changed.

adlouah

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2022, 03:03:19 pm »
To confirm - has anyone with CTDs tried these three things and it still happens?
[…]

2. Delete your content.xml and let it rebuild. Try this as second and see if it helps.

[…]
Ok thanks. But is it deleting the whole file itself or rather open the text file and delete the contents of it alone?

Sim from MS Store:

Sim from Steam:

You can let it rebuild by just starting MSFS afterwards. It's only the load order of addons, nothing substantial gets changed.

Airbuspeter

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2022, 03:05:36 pm »
the same here.Position EDDS.one CDT at taxing and one on Gate. i never had a CDT before.

Fiorentoni

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2022, 03:06:52 pm »
[…]

[…]
Ok thanks. But is it deleting the whole file itself or rather open the text file and delete the contents of it alone?

Sim from MS Store:

Sim from Steam:

Just delete the file itself.

Robby400D

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2022, 04:18:39 pm »
I have been testing GSX since yesterday on 5 different flights, all of them with a CTD. Without GSX no CTD.

The product has clearly not been tested thoroughly enough before release, it is still in a beta stadium. Although I see a lot of potential, there is no other way than uninstall it again in order to complete my flights.

Btw, also one of your beta testers has this opinion and experiences CTD's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daAGeQow_uI&ab_channel=737NGDriver

Fiorentoni

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2022, 04:21:45 pm »
737NGDriver was not a beta tester, he was a reviewer.

Please try the following solutions againt CTDs and report back if it worked or didn't (and which step was the solution):

1. Delete your rolling cache. Try this first and see if it helps.

3. Complete reinstall of GSX as a last resort:

- Uninstall everything using the FSDT Installer

- Uninstall the FSDT Installer itself from the Control Panel

- Go into your Addon manager folder (the one you chose for the installation) and remove the whole folder

- Run the installer again.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not affiliated with FSDT or their support, just a regular user. But I have a lot of experience with CTDs in MSFS and try to offer advice here.

Robby400D

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2022, 04:23:40 pm »
737NGDriver was not a beta tester, he was a reviewer.

Please try the following solutions againt CTDs and report back if it worked or didn't (and which step was the solution):

1. Delete your rolling cache. Try this first and see if it helps.

3. Complete reinstall of GSX as a last resort:

- Uninstall everything using the FSDT Installer

- Uninstall the FSDT Installer itself from the Control Panel

- Go into your Addon manager folder (the one you chose for the installation) and remove the whole folder

- Run the installer again.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not affiliated with FSDT or their support, just a regular user. But I have a lot of experience with CTDs in MSFS and try to offer advice here.

I already did all these steps before posting, nothing helped.

Fiorentoni

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2022, 04:26:49 pm »
Okay thanks for reporting back.

Wimma

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2022, 04:39:51 pm »
Nobody ever reported a CTD before. The only thing that could possibly crash the sim is our very small WASM module, because all the rest runs externally. However, it's unlikely, considered how little WASM modules can do.

You can *try* removing this folder:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro

And star the sim, this will rebuild it on the next start (don't worry, it doesn't take 10 minutes like an airplane)

Yeah probably because you have not tested it enough and released it 2 days after giving out press copies... If you had waited another week you would‘ve gotten the feedback by the reviewers/testers of your press copy, which I assume is the same build as the release version. Now you have angry costumers and heavily damaged your companies reputation within the community.

Let's be clear here; I am sure those bugs will get sorted out and this will be a great product in the future, but you must to understand that most people have to uninstall it in order to complete flights! Everyone who is talking about GSX is reporting CTDs with GSX installed and saying that they are gone after uninstalling it. So please stop insisting that GSX does not cause the CTDs!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 05:16:34 pm by Wimma »

karty3200

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2022, 04:51:01 pm »
Very well said, it's still incredible everyone has the same mistake but it comes not from them but from us. FSDT just admit that the problem is yours and send us an update. I was the first to be super happy with the release of gsx but with CTDs it's impossible to continue

Jean-claude

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2022, 05:14:34 pm »
GSX runs completely external to the sim, so it cannot crash it, surely not directly, and of course none of the testers ever reported a crash.

However, it's possible that, if your are a bit low of available VRAM, run detailed scenery and detailed airplanes, adding the extra object by GSX might be tipping the point to a possible crash, so you just might have to lower the settings.
My specifications are 12900K, Nvidia 3090 24GB VRAM, RAM 64 GB, and I have CTDs as well using LVFR SAEZ as departure airport, 15 minutes into the flight with the FBW A320, so I don't think RAM or VRAM can be considered as possible culprits, unless you consider those specifications as substandard...

As for testers not reporting CTDs I am not overly surprised. This morning I tested GSX at five different addon airports, WITHOUT making a flight, just to familiarise myself with the various aspects of the product (I used it since FSX), and never had a CTD while doing that, departing from a gate after using the various services including pushback, taxiing and returning to another gate using the Follow-me and parking guidance. Everything worked fine except for a few hit and miss (like having the stairs sent by GSX to the back door and the passengers debarking from the front door with no stairs - FBW A320). So testers concentrated on ground operations, not flights!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 05:32:03 pm by Jean-claude »

DarrianCZE

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2022, 05:38:13 pm »
I can confirm that GSX is causing the CTDs. I have tried to perform 3 flights today. 2 of those flights got a CTD when I have started taxiing.

And lo and behold, I have disabled the GSX, and MSFS runs with ZERO CTD. All of those 3 flights were performed exactly the same. Same stand, same scenery, same addon.

My specs: i7 9700K, 32GB RAM, RTX3070Ti, SU9

So IT IS caused by the GSX. PERIOD...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 05:53:22 pm by DarrianCZE »

mertayd1n

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2022, 05:48:17 pm »
I only took one flight after GSX setup, got CTD two minutes after take off. This was the first CTD I got with MSFS in a long time.

karty3200

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2022, 06:28:01 pm »
I go back to what I said it's not gsx's fault, several people had the same error yesterday and today and some of them don't use gsx.... Sorry Umberto

hurfifx

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2022, 06:34:12 pm »
I go back to what I said it's not gsx's fault, several people had the same error yesterday and today and some of them don't use gsx.... Sorry Umberto

how did you fix it