Author Topic: CTDs  (Read 22395 times)

EasternT32

Re: CTDs
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2022, 08:07:42 am »
Thanks for your reply Umberto, I really do appreciate the amount of work you have put in. procedures aside because they don't matter as much currently, the stability in the major issue.

Yes it may not be GSX itself causing the crashing of the sim but GSX surely has to be a part? I've seen many a report so far saying they've have been unable to complete a flight with GSX installed, they've uninstalled GSX and the crashes have stopped, then reinstalled GSX and it's started crashing again.

PGspy18

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2022, 08:52:58 am »
Also having this issue, GSX was the only change to my setup and suddenly every flight I attempt ends in a crash. Sometimes it happens during boarding, sometimes it happens two hours into the flight. Almost always happens while I'm moving the camera. Uninstalled GSX and haven't had a crash since.

Event Viewer shows FlightSimulator.exe as the faulting application and module, exception code 0x80000003 which seems (?) to have something to do with memory management.

Even if the crash isn't directly caused by a line of code running in GSX, I have to believe from what I've seen and read that GSX being loaded has some side effect somewhere else that causes MSFS to crash.

GSX was one of my most anticipated plugins for MSFS so if we could send logs or something to help find the issue, please let us know!

Mhbtba

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2022, 10:13:28 am »
Good morning !
I am also a bearer of bad news, as I am also encoutering CTD since I've installed GSX.
To be frank and honest, I might had 2 to 3 CTDs maximum since I've bought MSFS2020 back in August 2020 (with two different systems).
But since yesterday, when I've installed GSX, I haven't been able to complete a single flight. CTD occured at least 4 times in the last 24 hours, and happen either during boarding, or sometimes on final.I've also had CTD 1 hour after take-off.
CTD were common for me during the P3D era, but they almost completely disappeared with MSFS for me, and last time I've got one was maybe last year (I don't remember having one those last months).
I'm trying to insist on that, as like many other users, I suspect GSX being a part of it (but not completely as you suggested).
I was really happy to have that immersive addon back with the new sim, but it's a shame that I'm not able to fully enjoy it.

Erwin06

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2022, 10:24:57 am »
I'm really happy to have GSX in MSFS. It was for the last 2 years the tool that I missed the most, this is awesome work ! There are some bugs, and it is normal for a tool as complex as this, but CTD's are the worst things that can happen because it prevents us from enjoying the sim with GSX. Could someone confirm that since the last update of MSFS (1.27.16.0) the CTD problem with GSX seems fixed ? I'm using DX11. By the way, what version of DX were you using when you got the CTD's ?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 10:28:46 am by Erwin06 »

GopherCH

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2022, 10:30:23 am »
Unfortunately I have to report, that I'm also getting the CTDs, I'm on SU9 so not on the MSFS Beta. I've had a very stable simulator, almost never had any CTDs. With GSX it happens on 3 out of 4 flights. I unlinked it for now, the simulator is stable again. Waiting for a  couple of patches here. Thx for your effort!

Kling92

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2022, 10:37:42 am »
I'm also having CTDs all the time after installing GSX. Had a very stable simulator before (SU9). Installed GSX and now i have only completed 1 out of 6 flights because it crashes in various stages of flight. Uninstalling GSX solves the problem. Directly, or indirectly, I am convinced that GSX is the culprit here. Among other things that makes this product feel "unfinished", this issue surely must get all the effort to solve first since it makes it unusable.

Kristian

Fiorentoni

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2022, 10:41:26 am »
In my experience when the sim crashes every flight it's a addon conflict of some kind. I'd suggest deleting the content.xml if you're on SU9 and see if that helps with some prioritization conflict.
Otherwise I'd suggest a complete reinstall of GSX (uninstalling and then manually deleting all GSX related stuff, including couatl and couatl64 folders; to be safe you can just delete the whole addonmanager folder [you will have to reinstall your FSDT airports after that, though, so be aware]).

The good news is CTDs that happen every time are rather easy to track and solve, in comparison to those that happen only every 10th flight. So there's reason to be optimistic.

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way part of FSDT, just a regular user that offers some tips.

Kaiserkai31

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2022, 12:30:37 pm »
I also got 2 CTDs in 3 flights.
One during cruise the second one on final approach.

Kai

lionwing

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2022, 12:49:22 pm »
Currently standing at 3 CTD's since installing GSX Pro a few hours ago.

Prior to that the sim was very stable.

Fiorentoni

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2022, 01:01:34 pm »
Could anyone of you please confirm that deleting the content.xml and/or clean reinstalling did NOT help?

matths93

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2022, 02:44:01 pm »
Same here! After installing GSX PRO I start to experience CTD, previous to that they've never happened.
Not talking about couatl not starting issue ("solved" by unistalling the p3d version).
From a long term GSX user (since fsx), I'm very disappointed with that...

raffzeit

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2022, 02:46:18 pm »
I'm having too many CTDs, even though when I'm not using the tool (I don't open the toolbar menu). So for me it is not usable at all, sadly!

Daniel Kamer

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2022, 02:46:32 pm »
Hi,

I have tried 3 flights with GSX until now. All of them crashed to desktop while descending to the destination airport.
This is the error message:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.26.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1806, time stamp: 0x1000a5b9
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff609
Faulting process id: 0x32e0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8b488aeaa0298
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: f7ac668b-1504-46cd-9feb-952e2bab198e
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Fiorentoni

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2022, 02:47:25 pm »
To confirm - has anyone with CTDs tried these three things and it still happens?

1. Delete your rolling cache. Try this first and see if it helps.

2. Delete your content.xml and let it rebuild. Try this as second and see if it helps.

3. Complete reinstall, last resort:

- Uninstall everything using the FSDT Installer

- Uninstall the FSDT Installer itself from the Control Panel

- Go into your Addon manager folder (the one you chose for the installation) and remove the whole folder

- Run the installer again.

adlouah

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2022, 02:53:46 pm »
To confirm - has anyone with CTDs tried these three things and it still happens?
[…]

2. Delete your content.xml and let it rebuild. Try this as second and see if it helps.

[…]

Where is that file located?