Author Topic: GSX Menu not showing up  (Read 2127 times)

Rævslukern

GSX Menu not showing up
« on: August 19, 2022, 12:12:13 pm »
Loaded in at LSZH, with the Fenix, when i try to open GSX via the toolbar menu, the Couatl writes this message (in red)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 522, in <lambda>
  File ".\common\youcontrol.py", line 243, in showMenusWithSameTag
  File ".\common\youcontrol.py", line 84, in showContainer
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 961, in checkOnGroundState
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 4040, in aircraftEngaged
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 4134, in materializeTrafficCones
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 4103, in materializeFuelManHole
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 1179, in getModelWithTitle
common.modelCustomization.ModelNotAvailable: No model of title FSDT_Fuel_Hydrant_Chevron

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Menu not showing up
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 12:14:49 pm »
Your log indicates an error that has been discussed several times already, something must have happened during the installation of the 2nd package gsx-world-of-jetways, which includes lots of object required by GSX. It's normally installed together with the first package, gsx-pro so, check this:

- do you have fsdreamteam-gsx-pro in the Addon Manager\MSFS folder AND with a link to it in the Community ?

- do you have fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of jetways in the Addon Manager\MSFS folder AND with a link to it in the Community ?

If not, uninstall and reinstall, and pay attention if there are any errors.

joeedds

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2023, 09:51:50 am »
I've got the same issue of "Menu not showing" - even after reinstalling.

I tried the same on an completely MSFS standard airport as well. with the same results:
All fine until i try to open the Menu from the MSFS ingame panel bar for the first time.
Then couatl crashes.

See full info in attached couatl.log.

Code: [Select]
SimBrief username is missing from Settings, cannot integrate with SimBrief
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\criticalsection.py", line 23, in _synchronized
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 1828, in checkSimBrief
  File ".\common\simBrief.py", line 169, in __init__
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'zfw' referenced before assignment

I'd like to add my simbrief user, but that's not possible if couatl crashes on loading the GSX Menu.

I tried a full reinstall with the same result.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 10:08:45 am by joeedds »

joeedds

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2023, 10:32:58 am »
Now after deinstallation and reinstallation including update to GSX Pro 2.7.9 I don't get the crashes anymore. But the menu remains still invisible.

After opening it started with the audio text "deboarding requested" and I see the message in the upper left simulator screen.
But as I cannot see the menu, it's simply impossible to see what I'm doing.

On deboarding I can also see the passengers walking through the jetway. So Installation in general seems to be fine.

Maybe one additional hint:
I'm using MSFS in Fullscreen mode with Screen warping using FlyElise Immersive Display Pro.
Anyway, all the other in-game panels like "camera", "weather", "atc" etc. are simply available.

another couatl.log you'll find attached.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 10:50:32 am by joeedds »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2023, 11:04:52 am »
Now after deinstallation and reinstallation including update to GSX Pro 2.7.9 I don't get the crashes anymore.

There wasn't any need to uninstall/reinstall, the error in your previous log about zfw not defined was fixed in a Live Update like minutes after it was reported so, it was enough to run the update Check again, this is what fixed it.

But as I cannot see the menu, it's simply impossible to see what I'm doing.

That's not how GSX works: when you select any option, the menu will always close, so it won't take valuable screen space when it's not required anymore.

This is because, once you select some option, when all the eventual intermediate menus it might display (like choosing an operator, or a pushback direction), if it closes, it's because GSX knows you won't need it for some time, until the next operation. Whatever messages you need to see to "know what you are doing", will be conveyed with text messages on top and eventually audio cues.

This all works provided you follow the workflow suggested at Page 86 of the manual, when the menu usage is explained:

This is now your normal workflow should be:

• Open the GSX menu from the Toolbar icon when first starting Ground services.
• Don’t close it from the Toolbar while Ground services are performed, always use the Hot-key or the X icon to close the menu.
• Close the menu using the Toolbar icon when you are done with Ground services, usually before take-off.

In brief, the Toolbar Icon should always be left Active while Ground services are required.

If you close the menu with a click on a Toolbar instead, not only you'll be forced to click twice to open it again (and it won't react to the hotkey), but most importantly, you'll lose the text notifications on top, and if GSX needed to pop-up a subsequent menu that is supposed to come out after the main menu has been closed, like the fuel quantities or a pushback direction, you won't see the menu at all, leading to malfunctions.