Author Topic: Crew bus  (Read 2075 times)

paulwain

Crew bus
« on: August 19, 2022, 11:48:41 am »
Will there be an option to have this on / off ? or to ask if we wanted to have a crew change on turn around?

I couldn't see this as an option on the menu - but I'm sure it was a feature in P3D ( maybe I'm wrong as its been few years) lol

arpal

Re: Crew bus
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 11:51:04 am »
Its at the bottom of page 61 of the manual.  Unfortunately, i dont have the knowledge to apply this process.  Can anyone help?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 12:09:38 pm »
There's not much to do, at the end of the Deboarding, you'll be asked if you want to deboard Crew, Pilots, Both or Nobody, so they'll stay on the plane for the next Boarding.

paulwain

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 05:27:22 pm »
Thank you for reply.

At the end of the flight - It did say did I want to Deboard the crew - but I had no option on the menu to say yes or no? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 05:28:51 pm »
At the end of the flight - It did say did I want to Deboard the crew - but I had no option on the menu to say yes or no?

it's not a Yes/No it's 4 choices: Pilots, Crew, Both, Nobody.

paulwain

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 05:37:14 pm »

it's not a Yes/No it's 4 choices: Pilots, Crew, Both, Nobody.

Just tested it out now - I didn't have the option who to de-board from the aircraft - but it does now after a restart of GSX so I can confirm its working.

Thank you for your help :)

mmcmah

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2022, 02:24:56 am »
I have the same problem. I hear the prompt to deboard the crew, but no menu options to select. Nothing shows up on the screen after the audio prompt.

Any suggestions? I've been using the offline installer.

NinoGZ

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2022, 09:25:48 am »
That is what Umberto wrote when I had the same problem and that was the solution:

It's likely because the GSX toolbar menu was closed. Please read the manual at Pages 66-67 how the menu works and when, when it closed, GSX doesn't have any chance to open it automatically, because there's no way in the SDK to do that from Simconnect ( if there was, the menu and GSX overall would be so much easier to use ), so with the toolbar icon Inactive, the menu asking who's supposed to be Deboarded has been skipped.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 12:22:51 pm by virtuali »

mmcmah

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2022, 02:32:22 pm »
Thank you. Thinking last night that that might have been the problem, I had kept making sure the menu was open. Yes, I had had to close and reopen (the only way to get the menu to reappear so that I can do something else during deboarding), and even though I had it on the first/main page of the menu when I got the audio prompt about deboarding the crew, I didn't get any option to do so on the menu.

On a side note, could there be a way to get the menu to show without first having to turn it off and essentially double click the toolbar button?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2022, 03:18:57 pm »
On a side note, could there be a way to get the menu to show without first having to turn it off and essentially double click the toolbar button?

Please read the manual Pages at 66-67, which explain why the menu sometimes it closes automatically or not, depending on context, for the precise reason to prevent you an unnecessary double click when it knows the next likely action would be opening the menu, so it closes it automatically so you won't have to click once to close it and another time to open it again.

It's all caused by the inability to automatically open a Toolbar menu from Simconnect, which is missing in the SDK, so we had to come up with some workarounds.

mmcmah

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2022, 04:58:29 pm »
It seems that allowing the user to keep the menu open and adding an option to disabe the automatic close would be the most efficient way to interact with the interface.

Even when it automatically closes the menu window but stays active, you have to click twice to bring up the menu again. If someone wants to select a task and then enjoy the graphics without the menu being on screen, then perhaps there could be a button to close the window but not deactivate it as well?

I understand what the system is trying to achieve with the automatic close and I have read the manual, but I don't think it's working effectively when so many people say they have to click twice. And if double clicking to bring up the menu causes issues with things like crew deboarding, then again it seems like it should stay on screen longer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2022, 05:35:32 pm »
Even when it automatically closes the menu window but stays active, you have to click twice to bring up the menu again. If someone wants to select a task and then enjoy the graphics without the menu being on screen, then perhaps there could be a button to close the window but not deactivate it as well?

We'll add this feature when the menu is pinned, which is required both for dual screen and VR.

I don't think it's working effectively when so many people say they have to click twice.

Again, it depends on context.

Sometimes the menu should auto-close to prevent a double click, sometimes it shouldn't. If we could just open and close it on demand, it would work so much better but, the issue is, the moment the user close the menu with the toolbar icon, there's no way to reopen it unless the user will open it again but in other situations this might be desirable, because it won't require two clicks, in other cases it will result in important menus being missed, like the crew deboarding.

stefan

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2022, 04:50:44 pm »
There's not much to do, at the end of the Deboarding, you'll be asked if you want to deboard Crew, Pilots, Both or Nobody, so they'll stay on the plane for the next Boarding.

After the first leg, when GSX asks me whether I want to deboard the Crew and/or the pilots, I clock "nobody". After deboarding is complete, I load the next Simbrief flight plan. The Simbrief button in the GSX menu is green. However, when I start boarding, GSX again boards both pilots and crew. So why did I click "nobody"?  ;D I'm flying the Fenix A320.