Author Topic: Could not find valid AFCAD  (Read 29349 times)

daydreamer17

Re: Could not find valid AFCAD
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2022, 12:23:33 am »
I take this back.

I've updated again today (still no luck) and got the diagnostic version of couatl, here is my log.

This worked like a charm! Thanks Benjwri, and Thanks Umberto for all the help! (Side-note, hoping for PHNL soon so we can fly into paradise)

Hi, I've actually managed to fix the issue.
I had previously installed MSFS using Xbox Game Pass, but then uninstalled and reinstalled via Steam.
When I uninstalled from the Microsoft Store ir left behind the previous file structure in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\, but empty. It seems GSX looked for the UserOpt.cfg in this file, but didn't move onto the steam install location for MSFS after it discovered the Micrtosoft one existed.
When I deleted the entire file structure from the old install it imediately worked.

Happy Weekend of flying everyone!

Frodo2690

« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2022, 12:25:49 am »
For some reason i can't delete the file even though i am running as admin in the app data local packages file

Are you using Microsoft store version or steam version?

Benjwri

« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2022, 12:30:11 am »
For some reason i can't delete the file even though i am running as admin in the app data local packages file
Yep, to solve that go into the folder, delete all the sub folders, then go back and delete the original folder.

Keith Douglass

« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2022, 12:33:43 am »
Yep, to solve that go into the folder, delete all the sub folders, then go back and delete the original folder.
That worked thanks!

fedexlee

« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2022, 06:34:35 am »
still not working for me i removed the folder started msfs and it put the folder back even tho msfs is installed on drive D

Dan320

« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2022, 03:41:47 pm »
Hi all

I found a BGL read failure in the GSX log of one of the Landmark addons.
This also produced this failure of GSX not doing any Airports and announcing AFCAD issues.

Best regards,

Daniel

AleksanderB

« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2022, 06:12:10 pm »
Hi all,

Been tinkering with GSX Pro for a while and trying to get it all to work at ENZV, made by WombiiActual on Flightsim.to.

As required the GSX jetways has to be disabled to make the scenery work as intended. I have disabled them in the configurator, just as I have at other airports.
But for some reason when the jetways are disabled, GSX can't read the AFCAD any more.
If I enable GSX jetways, there is no problem. But then the scenery is conflicting with the GSX jetways and gives elevation issues.

After several attempts on making it work, I'm giving up and hoping that one of you guys at this forum can point me in the right direction.
logfile is attached.

Cheers!

josemanuelbc

« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2022, 07:05:30 pm »
Could not find valid AFCAD Data at this position, services are not available solution?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2022, 07:06:16 pm »
Could not find valid AFCAD Data at this position, services are not available solution?

The sticky thread in this section "how to report an error"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2022, 07:25:17 pm »
The logs indicates you set the visibility range of the airport to 0, using the disable_on_airports lines on the Couatladdons.ini file.

AleksanderB

« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2022, 09:14:39 pm »
My god! The one place I did not look.
Thank you! :-D

josemanuelbc

« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2022, 11:15:58 pm »
Could not find valid AFCAD Data at this position, services are not available

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2022, 11:18:14 pm »
Could not find valid AFCAD Data at this position, services are not available

Then troubleshooting this kind of error, it's best to clear the airport cache, which will force a rebuild, which will be logged. Remove this folder:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali

And post a log after the first startup,

tdenbrock

« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2022, 12:29:37 am »
How do you change the visibility range from Zero.  I am trying to get GSX Pro to recognize KAUS but it says;  Could not find valid AFCAD data at this position, services are not available..  How do I change Airport visibility range for 'enzv' set to 0 miles (due to disable_on_airports)

V/r
Tom Denbrock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2022, 01:32:20 am »
I am trying to get GSX Pro to recognize KAUS but it says;  Could not find valid AFCAD data at this position, services are not available..  How do I change Airport visibility range for 'enzv' set to 0 miles (due to disable_on_airports)

That particular line was only a problem in the OP case, without your log is impossible to say if yours is the same problem.