Author Topic: Could not find valid AFCAD  (Read 22300 times)

ZOCO

Re: Could not find valid AFCAD
« Reply #195 on: September 18, 2022, 01:08:59 pm »
Your image doesn't show you ever tried to browse the folder to find the file that is supposed to be missing, it shows you stopped at the community folder.
I tihnk this is what you asked no?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #196 on: September 19, 2022, 10:00:59 am »
Since the file is there, and there's an error accessing it, then the only possible explanations left are:

- Permission problems to that folder

- Antivirus interference.

ZOCO

« Reply #197 on: September 19, 2022, 01:44:50 pm »
Since the file is there, and there's an error accessing it, then the only possible explanations left are:

- Permission problems to that folder

- Antivirus interference.
I have excluded all of the antivirus, trying to install other products in msfs was the same problem, it couldn't find the community folder, I need it to search it manually and it wasn't there( this with the folder application product) but if I search it with my Folder I can find it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #198 on: September 19, 2022, 02:07:01 pm »
trying to install other products in msfs was the same problem, it couldn't find the community folder,

You mean other non-FSDT products ? They also can't find the MSFS Community folder ?

ZOCO

« Reply #199 on: September 19, 2022, 05:31:37 pm »
trying to install other products in msfs was the same problem, it couldn't find the community folder,

You mean other non-FSDT products ? They also can't find the MSFS Community folder ?
Yes, so I think FSDT products can have the same problem in my pc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #200 on: September 20, 2022, 10:21:43 am »
Yes, so I think FSDT products can have the same problem in my pc[/quote]

Well, that clarifies it so, of course, if other product installers can't find the Community folder either, it indicates some problem with your MSFS installation, so you should fix that, instead of trying to solve a problem with individual add-on that might not even be solvable from their side.

I'm sure that, after you fix your MSFS installation, all installers will start work.

ZOCO

« Reply #201 on: September 20, 2022, 11:06:04 am »
I'm sure that, after you fix your MSFS installation, all installers will start work.

But I don't know how to do it, in some products works well the installation in others can't find it, Fénix developers did an  livery manager for find the community in a different way I think, I asked them a week ago how did they solve it so I can mention what was the problem and how to solve it, but no answer I have in their part for the moment, I'm not good at pcs, I paid GSX pro, and I know I'm not the unique guy that have this problem of the Msfs2020, thanks.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 02:10:59 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #202 on: September 20, 2022, 02:14:41 pm »
But I don't know how to do it, in some products works well the installation in others can't find it

Uninstalling MSFS would be the first thing I'd try.

As I've said, if you have *multiple* installer failing, you will always have problems a way or the other with some installer, you can't expect every installer could possibly be adapted to fix a faulty installation of the sim.

Not sure what is the problem doing this, just make a backup of your Community folder somewhere, uninstall MSFS completely, remove any leftovers, and reinstall it afresh.

Don't install anything, just try the FSDT installer and check if it sees the Community folder, if it does, you'll know you have fixed your installation.

ZOCO

« Reply #203 on: September 20, 2022, 07:36:05 pm »
But I don't know how to do it, in some products works well the installation in others can't find it

As I've said, if you have *multiple* installer failing, you will always have problems a way or the other with some installer, you can't expect every installer could possibly be adapted to fix a faulty installation of the sim.

Not sure what is the problem doing this, just make a backup of your Community folder somewhere, uninstall MSFS completely, remove any leftovers, and reinstall it afresh.

Don't install anything, just try the FSDT installer and check if it sees the Community folder, if it does, you'll know you have fixed your installation.
In my folder i can´t find any msfs direction in here C:\Users\ZOCOPETA\AppData\Roaming

thegustypilot

« Reply #204 on: September 21, 2022, 11:13:56 am »
I'm back to thank you for fixing it.
When things don't work, it's a duty to say so, but when they do, you also have to say so.
Thanks for the updates and for the work and let's hope SU10 doesn't break everything

ZOCO

« Reply #205 on: September 23, 2022, 03:58:29 pm »

Thanks for all now working, i did a full reinstall to my pc.

Myndighetene

« Reply #206 on: October 29, 2022, 10:06:53 am »
Hi!
I'm sorry but I am about to give up this product as I spend more time making it work than actually fly. I've read through every post in this thread, and can't get it to work. I am an IT professional, but here I have met my match. Sometimes clearing the %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali folder fix it. But not now. Both my Windows and MSFS installation is less than 2 weeks old.
I appreciate the efforts trying to help out. But having said that, should we users that have spent almost $50, have to tweak the software with endless installs, reinstalls, clearing of folders, running updates, disabling antivirus, etc, etc? I feel like I am a beta user.
I'm posting this as a last effort to get this up and running. Attached please find the log file.

Best regards
Jorn

Myndighetene

« Reply #207 on: October 31, 2022, 04:48:27 pm »
Hi!
I'm sorry but I am about to give up this product as I spend more time making it work than actually fly. I've read through every post in this thread, and can't get it to work. I am an IT professional, but here I have met my match. Sometimes clearing the %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali folder fix it. But not now. Both my Windows and MSFS installation is less than 2 weeks old.
I appreciate the efforts trying to help out. But having said that, should we users that have spent almost $50, have to tweak the software with endless installs, reinstalls, clearing of folders, running updates, disabling antivirus, etc, etc? I feel like I am a beta user.
I'm posting this as a last effort to get this up and running. Attached please find the log file.

Best regards
Jorn

Hi again!
It looks like I've missed one tip. Unticking "Use SU10 Navdata API" in the FSDT Installer-->GSX-->Config "fixed" my problem.
However, I have another issue. I fly in VR. If the GSX icon in the toolbar is active (white) I can not interact with other apps in the toolbar. They will open up, but I can't click in them.
If I click the GSX icon to make it inactive, all other panels/apps work as supposed again.
Regards
Jorn