Author Topic: Could not find valid AFCAD  (Read 22326 times)

ZOCO

Re: Could not find valid AFCAD
« Reply #180 on: September 13, 2022, 02:35:59 pm »
following all the instructions in this topic but nothing, it says that can't find valid AFCAD

If your error is still this one you posted in your log ( and if it's not, please post an updated log with your current situation ).

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Users\\ZOCOPETA\\AppData\\Local\\Packages\\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\\LocalCache\\Packages/MSFS/fsdreamteam-gsx-pro/html_ui/InGamePanels/FSDT_GSX_Panel/tooltip'

You have been mislead about the "Not valid AFCAD" message, which is a consequence of this,  but not the real cause, since this error is not caused by the airport cache or a BGL, it seems you either:

- Haven't installed GSX

- The links to GSX in the Community folders are not there anymore or are not valid

- Your Community is not really there.
My gsx is installed, this happened the same with the livery application of the Fenix a320, like the app couldn't find the location of the community but was ther, they passed me a different livery application fo the Fenix a320 and it worked, probably was a different method for the application to find th community, I don't really know, I'm not very good at this.

Zoco
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 02:39:22 pm by ZOCO »

ZOCO

« Reply #181 on: September 13, 2022, 02:40:06 pm »
following all the instructions in this topic but nothing, it says that can't find valid AFCAD

If your error is still this one you posted in your log ( and if it's not, please post an updated log with your current situation ).

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Users\\ZOCOPETA\\AppData\\Local\\Packages\\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\\LocalCache\\Packages/MSFS/fsdreamteam-gsx-pro/html_ui/InGamePanels/FSDT_GSX_Panel/tooltip'

You have been mislead about the "Not valid AFCAD" message, which is a consequence of this,  but not the real cause, since this error is not caused by the airport cache or a BGL, it seems you either:

- Haven't installed GSX

- The links to GSX in the Community folders are not there anymore or are not valid

My gsx is installed, this happened the same with the livery application of the Fenix a320, like the app couldn't find the location of the community but was ther, they passed me a different livery application fo the Fenix a320 and it worked, probably was a different method for the application to find the community or could be that the FSDT app can't find the vez in the community but gsx is installed in the community, I don't really know, I'm not very good at this.

Zoco
Or could be that the community is not there but all of my other things are working
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 05:25:09 pm by ZOCO »

ZOCO

« Reply #182 on: September 17, 2022, 07:51:11 am »

- Haven't installed GSX

today i tried another product and i tried to install but following the steps for arrive to the fommunityin the Appcache or something like that and then locals and then I start searching the Microsoft flight simulator folder, following the steps of where is my community , it was imposible to find it.( This was in the product panel file, it wasn't my normal file, I think is that). This is a new thing, i created a flight on the runway and it worked! then i told gsx to teleport me to a stand and it worked but then suddenly it stop working and imposible to do it work again, this log is after it worked, i dont know
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 09:47:52 am by ZOCO »

ZOCO

« Reply #183 on: September 17, 2022, 09:53:13 am »

- Haven't installed GSX

today i tried another product and i tried to install but following the steps for arrive to the fommunityin the Appcache or something like that and then locals and then I start searching the Microsoft flight simulator folder, following the steps of where is my community , it was imposible to find it.( This was in the product panel file, it wasn't my normal file, I think is that). This is a new thing, i created a flight on the runway and it worked! then i told gsx to teleport me to a stand and it worked but then suddenly it stop working and imposible to do it work again, this log is after it worked, i dont know
Oky so for what i seen if i respawn in the runway all works but it doesn´t anything when i ask deboarding or catering or all, it just like invisible, it saying that is deboarding but there are no stairs and all

ZOCO

« Reply #184 on: September 18, 2022, 11:38:49 am »
So if im in the stand i get could not find valid AFCAD and sometimes a log that is the same i posted before and when i create a flight from the runway, it tells me that gsx works but there is no ground services, all are invisible, please Umberto what can i do, i have spend more than 30hours trying to do GSX work reading peoples problem and more, i have been around 2-3weeks, please.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #185 on: September 18, 2022, 11:59:15 am »
So if im in the stand i get could not find valid AFCAD and sometimes a log that is the same i posted before and when i create a flight from the runway, it tells me that gsx works but there is no ground services, all are invisible, please Umberto what can i do, i have spend more than 30hours trying to do GSX work reading peoples problem and more, i have been around 2-3weeks, please.

The last log you posted still shows the same problem, I'll repeat again the possible reasons:

- Haven't installed GSX

ZOCO

« Reply #186 on: September 18, 2022, 12:09:53 pm »

The last log you posted still shows the same problem, I'll repeat again the possible reasons:

- Haven't installed GSX

Okay what can i do? gsx is installed, in the FSDT installer it says where is my community and i dont know what to do..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #187 on: September 18, 2022, 12:13:19 pm »
Okay what can i do? gsx is installed, in the FSDT installer it says where is my community and i dont know what to do..[/quote]

The Installer will not check each and every file to be there, to report "installed" or not. In your case, you are missing a file that is surely always installed with GSX, so you should first try to:

- Run the Live Update, and pay attention if there are errors. The missing file should be restored.

Maybe you have a permission problem in your Community folder, so the updater might not be able to restore the file. Also, WHERE you installed the "Addon manager" ? Have you changed the suggested location ? If yes, where, exactly ?

ZOCO

« Reply #188 on: September 18, 2022, 12:27:18 pm »
So i run like Live uptader like 10 times and i think it worked perfectly the addon manager is in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager, i didnt change the suggested location, i did installed where he wanted.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 12:29:42 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #189 on: September 18, 2022, 12:29:55 pm »
Do you have the file which is reportedly missing in your log ?

ZOCO

« Reply #190 on: September 18, 2022, 12:33:29 pm »
Do you have the file which is reportedly missing in your log ?
I think i have it but when i try to search it in my folder automatically it sends me to a google page and giving error

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #191 on: September 18, 2022, 12:35:09 pm »
I think i have it but when i try to search it in my folder automatically it sends me to a google page and giving error[/quote]

Don't search for it, but browse the folder with windows explorer.

ZOCO

« Reply #192 on: September 18, 2022, 12:42:23 pm »
Don't search for it, but browse the folder with windows explorer.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 12:43:41 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #193 on: September 18, 2022, 12:44:29 pm »
Your image doesn't show you ever tried to browse the folder to find the file that is supposed to be missing, it shows you stopped at the community folder.

ZOCO

« Reply #194 on: September 18, 2022, 12:51:34 pm »
Your image doesn't show you ever tried to browse the folder to find the file that is supposed to be missing, it shows you stopped at the community folder.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 12:54:41 pm by ZOCO »