Author Topic: Could not find valid AFCAD  (Read 22527 times)

Crashdive

Re: Could not find valid AFCAD
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2022, 08:25:11 pm »
Each single one who had this permission problem either fixed by configuring the antivirus or being sure he didn't started couatl twice, a first copy started by the simulator automatically and another started by himself, because he tried to launch it manually without realizing it already started.

Maybe this is your issue ?

Nope, it ain't.
As I've mentioned in a previous post, I completely disabled my antivirus. So it can't be that.
In regards to couatl starting twice: In 8 out of 10 MSFS start up's, it doesn't even load. There is nothing in the tasktray (where the clock and date is) and nothing showing up in TaskManager either. I looked and checked my exe.xml and sure enough: couatl's entry is present and enabled.

BTW, how many entries regarding everything GSX related should be present in the content.xml file? All I have there is: "<Package name="fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways" active="true"/>"

TIA

qcaptain

« Reply #136 on: September 05, 2022, 03:25:44 pm »
Im having the same issues couldnt find valid AFCAD Ive tried most suggestion without any luck see log file.

Cheers Greg
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 03:32:06 pm by qcaptain »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #137 on: September 05, 2022, 03:49:19 pm »
In regards to couatl starting twice: In 8 out of 10 MSFS start up's, it doesn't even load. There is nothing in the tasktray (where the clock and date is) and nothing showing up in TaskManager either. I looked and checked my exe.xml and sure enough: couatl's entry is present and enabled

But that doesn't have anything to do with GSX, it's a known MSFS but that results in program started from the EXE.XML doesn't start automatically:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26924.0.html

BTW, how many entries regarding everything GSX related should be present in the content.xml file? All I have there is: "<Package name="fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways" active="true"/>"

That's all  you are supposed to have, because there you'll only find packages that have at least one scenery.

As I've said, assuming your windows permissions are correct, the only reasons why you could possibly get an "access denied" when trying to build the airport cache, is:

- antivirus interference.

- two copies of couatl .exe running

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #138 on: September 05, 2022, 04:00:36 pm »
Im having the same issues couldnt find valid AFCAD Ive tried most suggestion without any luck see log file.

Your error is caused by this file:

totofteam-france-totofobjet-modellib\scenery\TOTOF-LIB-MF2020.bgl" (system:409)

I'm not sure why windows report an error, as if it was meant to be encrypted, but it isn't.

qcaptain

« Reply #139 on: September 05, 2022, 04:09:37 pm »
Thank VM ill take the scenery out and report back.

core1450

« Reply #140 on: September 05, 2022, 05:09:12 pm »
So I see, that the ASCII Characters Problem was fixed. Should I start the Liveupdate or Installer Update first?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #141 on: September 05, 2022, 05:19:11 pm »
So I see, that the ASCII Characters Problem was fixed. Should I start the Liveupdate or Installer Update first?

As explained in the Offline installer instructions, always try the Live Update first, and see if you are getting the update files. If you don't or see the updater keeps downloading old files over and over, then use the Offline installer.

core1450

« Reply #142 on: September 05, 2022, 05:25:40 pm »
I have to ask again if the product is already installed. Can I run the offline installer over it or do I have to uninstall everything first?
If I installed the offline installer, I still have to run an update. If so, do I assume the Live Updater first and then the Installer Update?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #143 on: September 05, 2022, 05:31:38 pm »
I have to ask again if the product is already installed. Can I run the offline installer over it or do I have to uninstall everything first?

If uninstalling was required, we'll clearly alerted to do so in the Offline installer instructions.

Yes, of course the Offline installer cannot be used to install from scratch if you don't even have the product installed, it doesn't contain anything, only the base GSX code updates there were supposed to be obtained as Live Update.

If so, do I assume the Live Updater first and then the Installer Update

Please re-read my explanation: you only need to download and install the Offline updater if you notice the Live Updater is downloading the same files over and over and you are not getting the latest update. Otherwise, you only need to run the Live Update.

pbearsailor

« Reply #144 on: September 05, 2022, 08:18:52 pm »
GSX worked OK for me on initial install, but since then it has always given the "could not find valid AFCAD" error.  Uninstalled and reinstalled, updated with the latest offline addon manager and the problem remains.

I've uploaded the couatl log from the latest flight.

Thanks
steve

core1450

« Reply #145 on: September 05, 2022, 09:12:18 pm »
So I really tried everything. Disabled antivirus, reinstalled via the installer, then ran the live updater and last but not least ran the offline installer, but I still have the same problem of the data not being found.
I actually thought that the ASCII problem was fixed, but apparently there are still problems -.-
Attached is my log file.
I simply can't use this application since 2 weeks.

Plus, GSX updates all the time. Even if I then load the offline installer over it, the same files are always downloaded and the update button is always visible in the installer.

The Live Updater is always 1 of 37 and closes at some point. When restarting, the same files are always downloaded. Then I started the latest offline installer and opened the liveupdater again. Everything the same, the same files are downloaded as always.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 09:33:16 pm by core1450 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #146 on: September 05, 2022, 09:54:05 pm »
I actually thought that the ASCII problem was fixed, but apparently there are still problems -.-

In order to understand why is still not working, we need your actual UserCfg.OPT file, located here:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

ZIP IT ( important!!! ZIP IT, please ) and Attach it to a post.

Plus, GSX updates all the time. Even if I then load the offline installer over it, the same files are always downloaded and the update button is always visible in the installer

Nowhere we ever said the Update button is supposed to disable itself, it's not an indication if you are updated or not, it just a button you click to request an "Update check", so it's always active.

The Live Updater is always 1 of 37 and closes at some point.

You are not supposed to see all steps performed, until you have *ALL* FSDT products, for all simulators, all installed at the same time. If you have only 1 product installer, only 1 product will be updated.

When restarting, the same files are always downloaded.

Please clarify which files are always downloaded, because this might not be an indication of the problem. As explained in several other threads, at least two files, the Airport Services and the jetway Scenery files ARE supposed to be downloaded over and over, because we found it's faster to always download them than checking if they are updated or not (because those two are made of many small files)

If you see files other than these two being downloaded over and over, and always the same, then you need to use only the Offline installer.

core1450

« Reply #147 on: September 05, 2022, 09:56:56 pm »
Thanks for your fast reply!
Here is the UserCfg.

GSX flightLoaded C:\Users\Matthäus\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS\Custom\CustomFlight\CustomFlight.FLT

The Matthäus part is the problem.
in the UserCfg it's right:
Matthäus
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 10:01:47 pm by core1450 »

core1450

« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2022, 10:45:46 pm »
Is it possible to change the path manually?

Joeblack

« Reply #149 on: September 06, 2022, 01:21:12 am »
I am very tired
I have unistall  and installed for many time…..I have delete all old folder after new installation….but the problem is the same!!!!!!   
THERE ARE NOT PARKINGS AVAILABLE AT THIS AIRPORT
and manu gsx start but always loading
Mr Umberto can you help me?
Thanks in advanced
Giosue
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 01:24:00 am by Joeblack »