Author Topic: Finally GSX has released but guys gotta have patience!  (Read 2852 times)

SgtMav316

Finally GSX has released but guys gotta have patience!
« on: August 19, 2022, 04:07:05 am »
I had a suspicion that Simultech My Replacement jetways and Assistance Vehicles might interfere with GSX so I removed them and put them to the side. As I posted before the issue is I was trying to find a way to disable all the PMDG B737-700 ground service vehicles so that only GSX Vehicles roll up! I quickly found out I need to tailor (customize the PMDG 737 profile) for GSX. So I am gonna sit for the rest of the night reading the manual and then tinker with it a little tomorrow.

Guys are jumping into it and not realizing that they have to correct the profiles of the aircrafts they are using with GSX. Like in my example i called away the PMDG air stair and requested the GSX one. It drove to the rear PaX door on the B737. I thought a second one was gonna come for the front PAX door but didnt. So I guess I gotta go in the customize profile and figure that out! i haven't seen passengers yet but I cant wait to see em boarding I miss that from P3D will be great to see em back again!

SgtMav316

Re: Finally GSX has released but guys gotta have patience!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 07:07:21 am »
 :D is this indicating that i could change some of the GSX ground support vehicles and Jetways with the ones I had from Simultech? If So I would like to see if I could use Simultechs pushback Trucks and boarding airstairs. Everything else from GSX is cool!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 07:19:42 am »
If the vehicles you are referring to are the ones you call from GSX, then no, GSX will only use its own vehicles.

About Living World vehicles and/or vehicles when using the default Ground services, you can't mix and match between two products. If a product defined a Pushback in a region, and another product defined a Pushback in the same region, the vehicles for that particular type will only come from one product, the one getting an higher priority in the sim, in alphabetical order, but with the ones in Community getting an higher priority over the ones in Official.

You might *try* to move the Simultech package in the Community folder, and perhaps it will get an higher priority than GSX world-of-jetways, but then you'll have all Simultech vehicles. For AI and default Ground services. Full GSX services are completely unaffected by this.

SgtMav316

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 12:03:16 pm »
I came to that conclusion too after reading the statement in the manual, So i did move the Simultech Assistance vehicles and Jetways from the official folder and install them to the community folder. When I fire it up I will see what happened and report back. But when you say that GSX will use only its vehicles and not a third company vehicle, does this mean (for example) if I see a Simultech pushback vehicle, it will get overwritten by a GSX pushback if I request one through the gsx menu?

Going back to the conversation we had about the PMDG 737, What I am seeing for example in the picture . Is I will go into the FMC to change ground power to external source instead of cart. But i still see a cart outside the aircraft when I call for the GSX GPU and they both overlap one another. What was it you said I had to do to turn off the PMDG ground service vehicles to save the panel state to no PMDG vehicles on scene?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 12:05:29 pm by SgtMav316 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 12:04:55 pm »
does this mean (for example) if I see a Simultech pushback vehicle, it will get overwritten by a GSX pushback if I request one through the gsx menu?

Yes, GSX will remove any vehicles that use the default Ground services which are around your airplane, the moment you open the GSX menu and start a service.

SgtMav316

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 12:08:44 pm »
What about the GPU ground power unit?  :-\ cant seem to stop PMDG from displaying the extra one

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2022, 12:10:30 pm »
cant seem to stop PMDG from displaying the extra one

I suggest using the PMDG one, since the airplane has its own electrical system, so the GSX GPU won't be very useful.

SgtMav316

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2022, 06:21:26 pm »
I know you must be having a pulsing headache with all these questions today. But could you repeat the process to making all the vehicles for PMDG drive away and then programming a panel state that keeps them away to have the aircraft ready for GSX service to avoid repeating the process. You said something about using the secondth FMC that only comes on after the aircraft has enough power.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2022, 07:01:57 pm »
- Start with your preferred Panel State in the FMC

- If it includes the vehicles, send them all away, perhaps leave the GPU

- Save this state with a name like "GSX", and you can even make it the default.

SgtMav316

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2022, 09:44:41 pm »
- Start with your preferred Panel State in the FMC

- If it includes the vehicles, send them all away, perhaps leave the GPU

- Save this state with a name like "GSX", and you can even make it the default.
thank you