Author Topic: GSX Pro doesn't appear in the Universal Installer apps list **SOLVED**  (Read 1531 times)

tldspectre

I just purchased GSX Pro and downloaded the FSDT Installer. When I run the Installer it attempts to install FSDT Live Update, but that status screen never updates. In the meantime I can see the apps list, I have the MSFS option on the left checked, but don't see GSX Pro listed. I do see Charlotte Douglas which I had purchased previously and can install. Is the fact that GSX Pro doesn't appear in the list a result of the Live Update program unable to update?

I've tried several suggestions from other topics to address the problem (exclude Addon Manager in AV software, uninstall, reinstall/reboot) but no joy.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 03:04:31 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Pro doesn't appear in the Universal Installer apps list
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 04:04:05 am »
That indicates you still have the previous version of the installer, which doesn't know about GSX Pro. Try downloading it again, possibly after clearing the browser temporary file cache.

tldspectre

Re: GSX Pro doesn't appear in the Universal Installer apps list
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 02:58:18 pm »
Not sure exactly what I did right this time, but your suggestion helped! I uninstalled the existing version (1.0.31), downloaded the installer again and it ran with no issues this time. The new installer file shows a version of 1.0.66 which I assume is the latest version.

Thanks so much!

enriqueo62

Re: GSX Pro doesn't appear in the Universal Installer apps list **SOLVED**
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 06:59:15 pm »
How can I uninstall GSX Pro in MSFS? I cannot find the app to uninstall. Thanks

AthenaG

Re: GSX Pro doesn't appear in the Universal Installer apps list **SOLVED**
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2022, 03:14:44 pm »
How can I uninstall GSX Pro in MSFS? I cannot find the app to uninstall. Thanks

Check in FSDT Universal Installer. There's an option to "Uninstall".