Author Topic: ATC Parking Codes  (Read 2531 times)

pilot3033

ATC Parking Codes
« on: August 19, 2022, 03:04:55 am »
Does GSX Pro still use the atc_parking_codes line from the aircraft cfg file to score the ground handling? I kept getting jetBlue with a southwest livery.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ATC Parking Codes
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 03:06:54 am »
GSX *never* used the atc_parking_codes from the aircraft.cfg to select an operator.

Operators are only selected according to handling rules, or an eventual airport customization, where operators chosen there will override the rules.

pilot3033

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 07:17:17 am »
Then perhaps I conflated that with how the container logos were chosen. Adding "SWA" to a parking position in airport customization did not change the logos. I was also expecting an option to pick an operator.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 07:23:15 am »
Adding "SWA" to a parking position in airport customization did not change the logos.

And that's exactly how it works. Those codes are only a "booster" in the scoring process, when there are multiple operators with the same score as candidates, the code there will act as tie-breaker to select one, but possibly more than one, if there are still more than one at the same score, after getting the score boost due to the matching code.

I was also expecting an option to pick an operator.

Of course there is one, the two lists, one for catering and one for handling. Those will take precedence over anything, so you can set any operator or any airport/parking, regardless of the rules and the scoring.

pilot3033

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 07:35:56 am »
At KLGB GSX gave no option for picking ground handling, it chose jetBlue on its own and loaded the vehicles. Does GSX check the livery to boost the score of that operator? It seems that at LGB jetBlue was still the highest scoring operator even after the "boost." (I'm not sure how GSX chose that, if it was hand coded or automatically taken from somewhere, but jetBlue pulled out of LGB last year entirely).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 07:41:04 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 07:42:41 am »
At KLGB GSX gave no option for picking ground handling, it chose jetBlue on its own and loaded the vehicles.

I think we are talking about two different things: when I said there are two lists, it's in the scenery customization page, not in the normal use menu.