Author Topic: Invalid AFCAD error  (Read 1591 times)

danny390

Invalid AFCAD error
« on: August 15, 2022, 06:29:57 pm »
Hello,

I'm having a problem where GSX isn't loading and comes up with a no valid afcad message, I've reinstalled and added an exclusion for the antivirus, and searched this forum for solutions. I found some similar posts where the problem turned out to be corrupted scenery, so I've been trying to make a diagnostic log to investigate further, but when I go to GSX>Settings and click to enable diagnostic log then I try to click apply then ok, but the settings page just refreshes and doesn't allow me to enable the diagnostic log, do you know why this might be?

GSX was working fine until I requested refuelling at OLBA last night, I've attached the .err from there, and I've attempted to remove OLBA and then load at another airport to see whether it was corrupted scenery there, but it still comes up with the afcad error. I've also downloaded the universal installer and updated.

Any help much appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Invalid AFCAD error
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 10:32:24 pm »
Is your log really from yesterday, meaning you never got any error since then or you never used the sim ? Are you sure you don't have a more recent couat.LOG file instead, the .ERR file is what you have when you don't have logging enabled.

danny390

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 01:00:06 am »
The .ERR log is from last night, which is when gsx first crashed for me, when attempting to refuel. I checked the forum then and thought running the live update would solve the problem, but after running it then I've had the afcad error, which I've been trying to fix today. I've been trying to enable the couat.LOG file you mention, but when I go into the gsx settings then it won't allow me to click ok after ticking the box, for some reason, the settings page stays unchanged no matter how many time I click apply/okay. I've made a video of attempting this that I can send if it will help explain.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 10:03:34 am »
when I go into the gsx settings then it won't allow me to click ok after ticking the box, for some reason, the settings page stays unchanged no matter how many time I click apply/okay.

That seems to indicate your Couat.INI file in %APPDATA%\Virtuali is corrupted (usually because of having hand-edited), try to remove it and see if you can enable logging.

danny390

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 05:55:54 pm »
I'm still struggling to enable logging, after all the reinstall attempts this is all that's left in the virtuali folder.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2022, 07:27:47 pm »
I'm still struggling to enable logging, after all the reinstall attempts this is all that's left in the virtuali folder.

If you have no Couatl.ini at all, the only possible explanation left for not being able to enable logging, is the antivirus preventing to write in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, which is where the Couatl.INI is supposed to be created/modified automatically whenever you change those settings, like logging.

If it's not the antivirus, it might be a permission problem with your account, as if your user account had wrong permissions, or you switched users. Do you see any change if you remove the whole %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder ?

danny390

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2022, 08:44:48 pm »
Thank you for your replies, I've got every flight sim folder I can think of in the "exclude from scans" category on my antivirus, and I've added couatl to the list of programmes it's supposed to always allow. Are there any other programmes that should be excluded from antivirus checks?

I've also removed the whole virtuali folder, and after opening it's created a new one with two files, "CouatlAddons" and "KeyMapping"

I haven't changed anything with account permissions, but I'll try and look into that, and any suggestions there would be most welcome. Thanks again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2022, 11:50:11 pm »
I've also removed the whole virtuali folder, and after opening it's created a new one with two files, "CouatlAddons" and "KeyMapping"

That's correct. Now, if you enable logging in the GSX Settings, it should create a Couatl.INI with the logFile = Couatl.LOG line in it.

danny390

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2022, 01:27:18 am »
I'm glad to hear the two files are correct, although I'm afraid I'm still unable to enable logging, the menu still just refreshes when I click apply/okay after ticking the box.