Author Topic: couatl problems **SOLVED**  (Read 1730 times)

Massimiliano

couatl problems **SOLVED**
« on: August 13, 2022, 01:26:48 am »
Hi Today, I turned on my fsx and couatl told me both gsx and chicago are on trial mode but i bought both them. checking windows errors i saw couatl crashing but i dont understand why......just to be clear i turned off mse program but the problem continues. I attached my win log error file....i hope someone can help me
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 06:33:13 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: couatl problems
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 01:46:35 am »
- Add the whole Addon Manager to the antivirus Exclusions. DO NOT TURN IT OFF!

- Run the FSDT Live Update again.

Massimiliano

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 12:50:51 pm »
Still continue the issue

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 02:06:43 pm »
Still continue the issue

You can log the startup this way, to check if the program didn't start, or it crashed for some reason:

- open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note "logFile" is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Run the sim, then exit shortly after you are on an airport, with the GSX menus missing.

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

- DO NOT copy the file in a message, but use the "Attach" function of the forum to ZIP the log file and Attach it to a post.

Massimiliano

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2022, 03:33:32 pm »
here it is

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2022, 03:44:16 pm »
Your log shows the program couldn't complete the airport cache regeneration. This is likely due to one of your scenery files corrupted, but it might also be caused by the antivirus.

Try to add to the antivirus exclusions the entire FSX folder, as well any other folder that contains sceneries, if it's outside the FSX folder.

Massimiliano

Re: couatlproblems
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2022, 04:48:30 pm »
reading the couatl.txt i saw "Airport cache not valid: file meta.txt not found or malformed" can be the problem? Where i can find the airport database? may i cancel it?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 04:53:17 pm by Massimiliano »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: couatlproblems
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2022, 05:50:49 pm »
reading the couatl.txt i saw "Airport cache not valid: file meta.txt not found or malformed" can be the problem? Where i can find the airport database? may i cancel it

That's what is normally supposed to be happening if the airport cache is not there so, there's no need to delete it, because the whole point is that you don't have it, because it can't complete its creation.

Which is why, I told you to act on your antivirus to exclude both the FSX folder and any other folder that contains sceneries, if it's not in the FSX folder so, please, start by doing what I told you to and, if it doesn't work, we'll try other things.

Massimiliano

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2022, 05:34:31 pm »
Probelm solved it's last update of Herve Sors navdata for fsx about Europe "airport data"
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 05:53:05 pm by Massimiliano »