Author Topic: Customize GSX Passengers, walk in  (Read 4028 times)

abic

Customize GSX Passengers, walk in
« on: July 26, 2022, 04:37:25 am »
Love the new Walk-in feature but would like to eliminate the boarding/deboarding of the pilots and FA especially with smaller planes. I generally would like to customize the number of pilots and FA with Jets and other planes. It was talked about that this will be done in an update quite a while ago.
I tried to eliminate the Passenger-Simobjects for GSX with mdl-/config-files but this creates an error.
Any chance that we get an update soon?
Thanks, Bernd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Customize GSX Passengers, walk in
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 08:27:17 am »
It's already done for the MSFS version, when you call boarding/deboarding, a new menu will appear asking if you want to board/deboard Pilots, Crew, Both or Nobody. Since this is just coding, it will work the same in FSX/P3D as well.

abic

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 12:01:37 am »
Thanks Umberto for the quick reply.
How do I can use the MSFS feature/coding in my FSX/P3D GSX app?
Can't you just update the P3D GSX with this coding feature for your yearlong followers?
Anyway, or maybe give us some instructions how to use it in P3D because not everybody is on MSFS (sometimes for a good reason).
Thanks, Bernd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 01:55:39 pm »
Can't you just update the P3D GSX with this coding feature for your yearlong followers?

That's exactly how I said it will happen: "Since this is just coding, it will work the same in FSX/P3D as well", there's nothing you'll have to do, the new menu option will just appear, after GSX will be updated for the MSFS release.

Maybe this wasn't entirely clear but, whenever we'll add new features to the MSFS version, if the feature it's just a change in the GSX code and it is supported by FSX/P3D, it will automatically appear there, as a regular update. The codebase is the same, except in places where the two simulators are different in a way that a feature is not possible in one, that's no different than what's happening with P3D 4.5 and 5.0: the GSX is code is basically the same, but it behaves differently in P3D 5, because of the Render To Texture features that require DirectX 11, so they only work with 4.4. In the same way, we'll handle differences between MSFS and FSX/P3D.

abic

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 01:33:18 am »
Hello Umberto,
as stated in my July thread, I love the new walk-in and ability to choose the pilots/crew boarding. But now when the pilots/crew are not reboarding (choose "no one") the crew van shows up anyway, which is unrealistic. Is it possible to eliminate the crew van when no pilots/crew is selected?
This would be nice.
Thanks, Bernd

vjeanmarc

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2022, 02:31:11 pm »
Maybe I suck, never seen this new option either P3D or MSFS (up to date)  ::)

a_fan

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2022, 11:18:14 pm »
Maybe I suck, never seen this new option either P3D or MSFS (up to date)  ::)

You are not alone. I've updated GSX today.
Everything works more or less as it should, however still don't have the new menu with option to choose to board/or not board the crew.
I have GSX2 P3Dv5 don't have the MSFS.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2022, 11:20:54 pm »
Everything works more or less as it should, however still don't have the new menu with option to choose to board/or not board the crew. I have GSX2 P3Dv5 don't have the MSFS.

That's because nowhere we said it's available on boarding. It's only available on Deboarding, since the original motivation used by users that asked for it, was to use it during turnarounds.

a_fan

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2022, 12:13:04 am »
Everything works more or less as it should, however still don't have the new menu with option to choose to board/or not board the crew. I have GSX2 P3Dv5 don't have the MSFS.

That's because nowhere we said it's available on boarding. It's only available on Deboarding, since the original motivation used by users that asked for it, was to use it during turnarounds.
It's already done for the MSFS version, when you call boarding/deboarding, a new menu will appear asking if you want to board/deboard Pilots, Crew, Both or Nobody. Since this is just coding, it will work the same in FSX/P3D as well.

Umberto in your reply at 27th of July in the same thread you wrote 'when you call boarding/debording' so I dare to say you did say it was an option for a boarding also ;) Not really important ;)

Would it be possible to add this option also for boarding, which I believe is important during turnarounds.
I.e I often fly 2 sector flights so outbound and return. Upon arrival at my destination during turnaround for a return flight I use GSX to deboard and then board passengers.  Now I can deboard just the passengers without the crew but the boarding for the return flight will be still a little odd as I the crew will be boarded anyway, eventhough they are already on the plane.

Keight

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2022, 12:06:44 am »
since I am controlling this through the variables I wonder how to disable this feature?

Keight

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2022, 07:43:27 pm »
bump

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2022, 07:55:56 pm »
If your are controlling with variables, it should work in both cases.

Keight

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2022, 08:10:43 pm »
If your are controlling with variables, it should work in both cases.
I dont quite understand what you mean by both cases. I am receiving deboard crew offer every time deboarding requested. I want to disable that feature at all as it is controlled either by fslabs or by my own lua script.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2022, 09:47:27 pm »
I am receiving deboard crew offer every time deboarding requested. I want to disable that feature at all as it is controlled either by fslabs or by my own lua script.

If it's already controlled by FSLabs, it can't be also controlled by you. Assuming you are not setting a variable in conflict with what FSLabs is setting, as long the variable is set, the question won't be asked.

Keight

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2022, 09:51:07 pm »
that is what I am saying. despite its controlled by fslabs or by variables in my script on other airplane it keeps asking if I want to deboard the crew. and I am not setting variables with fslabs.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 09:51:42 pm by virtuali »