Author Topic: Jetway  (Read 2002 times)

bcm652

Jetway
« on: July 23, 2022, 07:58:01 pm »
Question regarding default jetway FSX-CYEG gate 10. The default jetway has been eliminated and the GSX Control Panel confirms that. But the customized GSX jetways for that same gate only line up with the rear exit door on the aircraft, 737-800, not the front exit door and will not load the passengers unless the front exit is open. Is there a fix for that.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Jetway
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 11:10:04 pm »
Which 737-800 are we talking about here. With the simulator loaded and a flight set up with the aircraft, go into the GSX aircraft customization settings and verify the position of the entry door.
Captain Kevin

bcm652

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2022, 12:30:38 am »
I checked the aircraft customizing and it's a default Boeing 737-800 passenger aircraft with the front main door. The optional base GSX jetway is just about twice as long as the default jetway and the only way to line the aircraft with the GSX jetway is to reposition the aircraft back a distance to line it up with the jetway.
The other side of the problem is, when I land the aircraft at CYEG ground control keeps assigning me to gate 10 which had no default jetway or passenger bus service.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2022, 11:42:57 am »
The optional base GSX jetway is just about twice as long as the default jetway

The model GSX replaces default jetways with is *exactly* the same size of the default one, and it cannot be any other way, since they must match the default airports. This, of course, is only valid if you are replacing a default jetway on a default airport.

If you are replacing a jetway in a 3rd party jetway, you have the choice of the model. And, of course, if you downloaded a GSX profile made by somebody else, he chose a jetway model.

The other side of the problem is, when I land the aircraft at CYEG ground control keeps assigning me to gate 10 which had no default jetway or passenger bus service.

If with "ground control" you mean the default ATC, that doesn't have anything to do with GSX, which doesn't change which gates the default ATC will assign you to. Not that it would made any difference if you meant something else, such as 3rd party atc products or human controllers, which also GSX has no control over.

bcm652

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2022, 04:38:07 pm »
Why won't the GSX Level 2 Control Panel allow me to replace the default jetway at FSX-CYEG Airport gate 10.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2022, 05:14:28 pm »
Why won't the GSX Level 2 Control Panel allow me to replace the default jetway at FSX-CYEG Airport gate 10.

It's obviously for me to help you, considering I don't know anything about that scenery, and you haven't posted a screenshot of the GSX customization page, which should have some indication why you can't replace the jetway.

Also, I'm not sure what's happening because, now you are saying GSX is not allowing to replace the jetway, when in your first post you said the jetway HAS been replaced,  but it just docked on the wrong door.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 05:17:11 pm by virtuali »

bcm652

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2022, 05:45:12 pm »
I have solved my jetway location problem by using the parking and positioning editor for gate 10, CYEG.