Author Topic: An error with addon __init__.py has caused Couatl scripting engine to reload  (Read 1807 times)

rondon9897

Hi folks,
I keep getting this warning a lot recently - it's using the FSLabs A321-SL to board at UK2000 EGBB. I have used the latest FSDT installer programme (forgotten what it's called, the all-in-one type install manager thing) to update GSX, although it keeps saying there is still an update to load.
It asks me if I want to restart Couatl and I say yes, then all boarding stops and the external power is disconnected, extremely inconveniently.
I don't know how to upload the full error logs as I don't know where they are, but there is a log after each crash that says:

couatl v4.0 (build 4642)
panic log started on Sun May  1 15:32:25 2022

problem raised by addon __init__.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\criticalsection.py", line 23, in _synchronized
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 926, in helloFunc
RuntimeError: No more sources available
{'Airport': 'EGBB', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate 55', 'User Pos': (52.45315566301379, -1.7371992793961912, 104.082 m, 4.41446 m, 145.75149402821043, 0.0005336183239705861, -0.0, -0.0, 4.572, 1.0)}

If you can tell me where the error logs are I'll upload those too. It's starting to really bug me this alert, not least as it completely ruins the whole boarding process and pulls the external power out.

Goofie31

HI mate,

Attached you full coutal log by putting in a Zip file an attach to this post.
Hopefully Virtual will be able shed some light on the issue, as i am having the same error messages showing in my coutal log.  However there has been no solution and/or confirmation as to what may be happening in the support post i raised 3 days ago. (this is my first ever issue with GSX).

Also when you update GSx using the desktop short cut. Does the installer clsoe by itself? In the past the installer always finished and said update 100% complete.

I found when i tried to update it would still be at step 1 of 36 and only complete 2% of update and would close itself with out warning. I will try update today and screenshot the file it is updating when it closes.

Regards

Damian Doyle

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Hopefully Virtual will be able shed some light on the issue, as i am having the same error messages showing in my coutal log.  However there has been no solution and/or confirmation as to what may be happening in the support post i raised 3 days ago. (this is my first ever issue with GSX).

Because, of course, you can't expect the same blazing fast response speed we are known for, during the weekends.

Also when you update GSx using the desktop short cut. Does the installer clsoe by itself? In the past the installer always finished and said update 100% complete.

Sure it does, this has been discussed so many times on the forum. The updater will never perform ALL steps, until you have ALL FSDT products installed.

In order to save time by doing TWO passes, one to see which products needs updating, then doing a 2nd pass to perform the update, which will of course take double the time, it checks which products needs to be updated *while* updating them. This way, it will take half time. The only downside is the number of "steps" listed won't be the actual number of updates that *will* be performed, because it cannot possibly know in advance which products needs an update without checking all of them first, but to save that 2nd pass, it's already updating while they are checked. That's why the only time you'll see all steps performed, is if you have everything from FSDT installed.

Also, the update will automatically close in the end, if there's nothing left to do, since it would be pointless to ask you for some kind of confirmation or permission to exit, since it already know there's nothing left to do, and the only meaningful option at that time is...exiting. And of course, there are several sounds reasons why it's done this way:

- The updater is normally supposed to run unattended, or in "batch mode". Some users asked us to allow this, so they could create a batch file to run the updater automatically before each flight, then start the sim, so we removed the unneeded stop at the end in order to not disrupt a possible execution in batch.

- The updater ( when using the new FSDT Universal installer ) has been upgrade to run AS AN INSTALLER. The program is exactly the same, it's not a separate .exe, just that, when started from the "FSDT Installer" icon, it starts with a different user interface. In THIS mode, you have all the control you want, so you can chose which product you want to check for updates, which ones to update, have time to read any update messages, etc.

That's why, since there's now a new interface that gives users total control, the "Update only" interface has been streamlined to a minimum, that is removing the needless confirmation for exit at the end.

rondon9897

I appreciate that you have to put them in a zip file but where on my computer will the error logs be? I need this problem solved as it is really annoying.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I appreciate that you have to put them in a zip file but where on my computer will the error logs be? I need this problem solved as it is really annoying.

First, you must enable logging in the Troubleshooing section of the GSX settings page, otherwise you won't have a Couatl.LOG file, which is the detailed error log. Once you are in that page, it will tell you where the log file is, usually in %APPDATA%\Virtuali

However, to be meaningful, the log must be relevant to a session in which you *had* the error. Once you see the error, exit the sim and DO NOT restart it, otherwise the log will be overwritten with a new on, so we won't see the error detail.

rondon9897

Just had a resurgence of this. Hopefully we can sort it out. My error file is below.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Just had a resurgence of this. Hopefully we can sort it out. My error file is below.

Your log doesn't show any errors. When you see an error, you should not restart, otherwise the new log will overwrite the one with the error.

rondon9897

Is this any better?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Please clarify if this problem:

- happens with a specific airplane, or any airplane

- happens with a specific scenery, or anywhere

Also, please indicate the precise, exact, sequence of operations you did, both in GSX and in the airplane

Also, your log shows the airport cache was recreated. Please indicate if you did it on purpose, or it was recreated automatically because you changed something in the Scenery Library, because normally those are the only two cases in which the airport cache will be regenerated. It shouldn't be regenerated at each start, so if it's doing that, it might indicate a problem.