Author Topic: EDDM SimWings cuatl error **SOLVED**  (Read 1751 times)

Jov53

EDDM SimWings cuatl error **SOLVED**
« on: April 17, 2022, 07:38:40 pm »
I was customizing Gate 250 and Cuatl crashed. I do not recall what exactly I did before that happened.
But it happened when I tried to move the plane to a closer position customizing the Marshaller, I suppose.
The Airplane ends up in the water.
There is an error message and a log that is attached.

To resolve the matter I ran updates, un-/reinstalled GSX and SimWings Airport. No change

All other gates seem to work without prob and can be customized.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 01:00:03 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: EDDM SimWings cuatl error
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2022, 11:13:22 pm »
The Airplane ends up in the water.

This has been discussed many times, and it happens if your joystick is not properly calibrated, or if you have another device which present itself as a joystick that has been assigned to the Slew axis.

The sudden movement because of the lack of calibration is causing the airplane to very quickly move away from the editor, which cannot keep up and give the error, which means the airport disappeared (not really, it was the airplane which slewed away because of the uncalibrated joystick ) while you were editing it.

Other than calibrating the joystick, it's better fixed by removing all joystick axes from the Slew events.

Jov53

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 08:32:22 am »
yes, that could have been, I accidently hit the joystick.

can you help me to undo the damage? how can I reinstate the crashed gate config?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2022, 02:23:05 pm »
can you help me to undo the damage? how can I reinstate the crashed gate config ?

You might have to edit the .INI file manually with notepad, and remove the section for that gate, so it will revert back to default for that gate only, without losing other customizations in the same airport. If you haven't done many, it would be easier to just remove the .INI file and start from scratch.

Jov53

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2022, 05:08:08 pm »
Thank you.
But please forgive my ignorance: where do I find that .ini file?
It is not in the app folder in the installation drive, not anywhere in the P3D folder,
not in the User App foldert (local, local low, roaming)...

I am out of wits

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2022, 06:39:47 pm »
But please forgive my ignorance: where do I find that .ini file?

The GSX airport customization page will tell you how the .INI file for the current airport is named and where it's located. In general, all your custom profiles are found in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder, as explained at Page 39 of the manual, the chapter named "Saving your work":

Airport customization files are saved in the following folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX

Each file will be named as its ICAO code, with an .INI extension, they are plain standard .INI files, with a general section and multiple sections for each parking that has been
customized.

Jov53

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2022, 07:22:39 pm »
Thank you very much, that did it.  :)

Fly the friendly skies!