Author Topic: Can't activate GSX  (Read 2249 times)

JulesGru

Can't activate GSX
« on: March 30, 2022, 12:28:11 pm »
Hi. After downloading the trial version of GSX (but never getting round to checking it out at the trial airports) I decided to go ahead and purchase it to use with P3D v5.3. I launch P3D and select Add-On Manager, highlight GSX and then press "Register Serial" and enter my key and press OK. Nothing happens - no confirmation of activation. Perhaps it's not supposed to confirm so I park my ProSIM A320 (v1.54) "at a gate at EGLLL (Sim-wings London Heathrow Professional) and press ctrl-F12 as the manual says expectnig to see a GSX menu but nothing happens. When I look at the Add-On Manger again it says "Product in TRIAL mode". I quadruple-check that I have entered the key correctly (0's not O's, including hyphens, etc...) but same thing every time. Grateful for any advice.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't activate GSX
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 09:50:00 am »
It seems GSX doesn't work in Trial, which doesn't have anything to do with activation, it simply means the software hasn't started. As explained in the sticky thread in this same section of the forum, if the software is not running, do all the following:

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the Exclusions

- Be sure your firewall is not blocking online access to the FSDT Live Update.

- Download and install the new FSDT Universal Installer and use that one to do an update.

folhetas

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 02:10:42 pm »
I have the same problem ?? I format again my PC and now I can not install , mean the Antivirus ??

Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the Exclusions   ------ DONE

Be sure your firewall is not blocking online access to the FSDT Live Update. ----- even deseable

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 10:18:00 pm »
Be sure your firewall is not blocking online access to the FSDT Live Update. ----- even deseable

Not sure what you mean with "even deseable", and you haven't said anything about doing the last step:

- Download and install the new FSDT Universal Installer and use that one to do an update.